Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th October 2007, 22:04   #1
BHPian

Bannerghatta National Park

We wanted to go somewhere in the weekend but no idea where to go , I had to fix spoiler for my new Ikon at cauvery ford so I preferred something near from there as I don't want to spend most of my saturday on bangalore traffic .

Finally we decided to go to Bannerghatta National park , it turned out to be a good decision . We started around 12 p.m and came back at close to 7 p.m . Being a new driver couldn't drive more than 60 well I guess thats decent considering traffic in bannerghatta road and this is also an experience for me to get to know my new Ikon. I love the responsive stearing in Ikon , no match for it . His limits I will test in next trip .

First we visited the Butterfly Museum and then Jungle safari , since we started little late we hardy could spend time at park [zoo!] . I strongly recommend to every one who is looking for a quick trip . I will let the pics talk the remaining

My Car

O' Butterfly

then a visit to our Jungli friend

We noticed Ramzan moon while leaving .. ,Eid Mubarak to friends here

Last edited by Rehaan : 16th October 2007 at 05:47. Reason: Just paste the "thumbnails for forums (1)" link as is from imageshack. Thanks.
Old 13th October 2007, 22:32   #2
BHPian

Love the colour of your new car! And it looks like you had a great time at the national park too. Did you get to see any tigers on the safari? They are usually quite happy to show up so everyone can get a good look at them

Happy driving!
Old 14th October 2007, 00:11   #3
Senior - BHPian

Great going buddy. Even I wanted to do the same drive today but had to cancel due to some health issues. Else, we could have seen each other's cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by isacM View Post
Being a new driver couldn't drive more than 60 well I guess thats decent considering traffic in bannerghatta road and this is also an experience for me to get to know my new Ikon.
Btw the service engineer at the dealership told me to keep the speed below 70 for the first 5k Kms. I feel the limit should be in rpm rather than speed. Go through the ARTICLE: How to Run-In your new car and take it slow till the second service or so.

Drive safe
- Jag
Old 15th October 2007, 14:42   #4
Team-BHP Support

Jag, this is not the thread for technical advice, so keeping it brief. The engines on our cars are pre run-in, so there is no need to be overly careful. However, avoid any hard braking and undue stress till you complete the first service.

Isac, the color on your car's looking good, i must say.
We got to see the tigers during our safari trip. They were not shy at all.
Old 24th March 2012, 18:25   #5
BANNED

Re: Bannerghatta National Park

Had been to the Bannerghatta National Park yesterday. The Park and Zoo were good for the Kids as well as for the Adults, But the Grand Safari was Pathetic.

Spotted Bison, Deer, reindeer, Bear, Lion, Tiger, White Tiger but it was not worth for the money paid. The Vehicle (Swaraj Mazda) was poorly maintained and all the window glasses were not cleaned which effected the visibility.

The Charges were Rs.210 for Adults and 100 for Kids.

All these wild animals were separated in sections , so it was like visiting a Zoo rather than a Grand Safari.

Some Pictures Taken during the Grand Safari
Attached Thumbnails
Bannerghatta National Park-dsc07978-medium.jpg  

Bannerghatta National Park-dsc07979-medium.jpg  

Bannerghatta National Park-dsc07983-medium.jpg  

Bannerghatta National Park-dsc07985-medium.jpg  

Bannerghatta National Park-dsc07991-medium.jpg  

Bannerghatta National Park-dsc07993-medium.jpg  

Bannerghatta National Park-dsc07994-medium.jpg  

Bannerghatta National Park-dsc07996-medium.jpg  

Bannerghatta National Park-dsc08002-medium.jpg  

Bannerghatta National Park-dsc08008-medium.jpg