Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th October 2007, 02:46   #31
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations ViffMan!! Thought I'd see you in the later part of the day. Was told you were either Driving or riding back, I bet my horses u'd be riding. See I was right!! Lovely report. Glad you settled for the Viff rather than the Swift.
Old 19th October 2007, 03:55   #32
BHPian

Congrats buddy, she looks gr8 and a nice write up. Looking forward to meeting Viff soon.

Cheers!!!
Old 19th October 2007, 04:27   #33
Senior - BHPian

hey congrats on the viff robin . what a great travelouge, felt like i was rideing along. better choice than the swift for sure as you still would remain a biker at heart and the car would do you no justice. so rains out and bikes in so alot more great rides ahead for you.
all the best and ride safe like you always do. cheers:
Old 19th October 2007, 07:19   #34
Team-BHP Support

Right through that day I kept calling Rtech. Hoping sometime he’ll pick up the phone and tell me his whereabouts.

"The subscriber you’re calling is currently unavailable". For the first time an automated voice sounded so logical! Obviously that subscriber was munching miles with some uncanny speed.

Around seven in the evening I got a sms from him followed by a phone call. He was in Bombay!

Fantastic brother. You have done as what you suppose to do with that bike.

I’ll work on an other image properly and send it across. Congrats! You deserve it.
Old 19th October 2007, 08:14   #35
Senior - BHPian

Wow!!!! Dude, you have really inspired me. Nice bike, and a great write up. I cant put it any better than Nitrous : "You define the term 'biker' ".
Old 19th October 2007, 10:20   #36
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Parked the bike at 7.15pm. Rear numb, palms almost blistered and neck stiff. I never felt better!
Whoa man, that truly exemplifies the biker in you. As I told ya in the Support forum, I have never seen you so excited before. Congratulations again....am glad that you finally found what you were looking for. Ride safe and keep her well.

Butttttttttttttttttttttttt Bangalore to Mumbai in 12 hours . Helluva ride.
Old 19th October 2007, 10:50   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

Fantastic writeup. That's the way to buy and ride a bike. I always wanted to have a 4 cylinder superbike but due to "paperwork", I just got myself a Pulsar DTSi (blue) which I have to ride down from Mumbai to Nasik. I am looking forward to it. Maybe when Yamaha India launches the R1 ----- I hope it happens soon. Guys, when is it happening ?

Kuch karna padega. Let's see -----

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Old 19th October 2007, 10:58   #38
Senior - BHPian

What a fantastic way to get to know your new bike!!!! Way to go, Robeeeen - Way To Go!

Will we see the beaut tonite?
Old 19th October 2007, 11:09   #39
Team-BHP Support

Lots of questions! Let me try and answer them.

1. The bike has 12,0xx km on the clock when I picked it up.
2. It was imported new back in 1999. Bill of entry verifies that.
3. On the trip here, I used 46-50 liters of petrol. That works out to around 20 kmpl.
4. It was a new bike to me. The tyres are not in their prime so I didn't want to push it. On a few clear stretches with good visibility, I only touched about 210kmph. Still had 5,500 rpm left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironwolf
I wish I could have ridding along side on the silver VFR.
You still could. Though now I believe a dealer has taken it, so you would probably have to shell out some more for it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16
Congratulations ViffMan!! Thought I'd see you in the later part of the day. Was told you were either Driving or riding back, I bet my horses u'd be riding. See I was right!! Lovely report. Glad you settled for the Viff rather than the Swift.
Sorry man. My arse was too numb to sit again! lol. I needed some shut eye! And yea, the Viff is better than a new swift for sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra
I’ll work on an other image properly and send it across. Congrats! You deserve it.
Thanks Rudra. Means a lot to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
As I told ya in the Support forum, I have never seen you so excited before.
haha! Well, I was equally excited with the ZZR at the time. It's just that this time, i know I will be holding onto this bike for a long time. So plans are already being formed in my head.
- power commander
- Jardin highrise exhaust
- Reworked valves for the forks
- New tyres
- More to follow.

Quote:
Maybe when Yamaha India launches the R1 ----- I hope it happens soon. Guys, when is it happening ?
Soon. Next month is what I heard. I was waiting for that too, but the price tag meant that I couldn't afford it anyway!
Old 19th October 2007, 11:17   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech View Post
I only touched about 210kmph. Still had 5,500 rpm left.
"ONLY', is that only for you.

anyways,very interesting travelogue(cudnt stop myself reading it in 1 go) and congrats on your new bike(she looks cool and rides hot)

Injoy the ride dude
Old 19th October 2007, 11:33   #41
BHPian

@Rtech: your love of bikes aside, you have a wonderful skill in writing. that was an amazing narration. it is overflowing with your passion for bikes.

congrats on acquiring the Viff. happy and safe riding.
Old 19th October 2007, 13:00   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
A V-engine has never given me the mental orgasm that the inline engines give.
I wouldnt want to comment on that (since i havent ridden an SBK).

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
I've ridden a similar exact red VFR800 for quite a while and the noise was not to my taste. I dont know what to compare it to.
Nevertheless, I'd still like to sample the sound of that beast.
Old 19th October 2007, 14:35   #43
Senior - BHPian

Hey RT , awesome news bro ..congratulations on the Viffer. Its beautiful and I see u have already started having a great time ) .
I was kicking myself when i read that you were selling your ZZR because I had just quit my job and was planning to go in for a long break ...so much so that i didnt even open team-bhp for a month mourning the stupid timing :(

But anyways ,no more cribbing ,u have managed to get a fantastic bike yet again . I salute the biker in you man . SOme of the words u have used in the travelogue seem to be inspired by Zen and the art of Motorcycle maintenance and those are my fav words too ...the ones about seeing the world thru a tv screen when u are in a car and actually feeling it on a bike.

I salute the biker that you are bro . Cheers and ride on
Old 19th October 2007, 14:56   #44
Senior - BHPian

CONGRATULATIONS ROBIN
May you derive the Ultimate pleasure from its ownership!!
Please give me a ride asap.
Old 19th October 2007, 14:58   #45
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy
SOme of the words u have used in the travelogue seem to be inspired by Zen and the art of Motorcycle maintenance
Really! I've been meaning to read this book for a long time. Not got around to it yet though. I plan to soon.

I don't know about being termed a biker or whatever. Anyone who rides a bike is a biker! I just love riding and looking after these bikes.

Scooby? You and ride on the bike! You're wife and daughter will kill me!!!

Last edited by Rtech : 19th October 2007 at 15:00.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks