Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2007, 11:44   #61
Senior - BHPian

Hey R-Tech,

Lovely write up. Bangalore to Mumbai in a Day is rocking.

Just want to know, when you doing these long trips do you wear something that protects your back or any kinda back support.

cheers.
Old 21st October 2007, 12:21   #62
Team-BHP Support

Congrats Rtech... this is really awesome.
Ride safe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac 427 View Post
Just want to know, when you doing these long trips do you wear something that protects your back or any kinda back support.
Check out the "Riding Gear" section of Rtech's article > here.

cya
R
Old 21st October 2007, 15:07   #63
BHPian

Congrats Robin! Great buy!!

- Well thought I'd get a call this weekend to ride along!

but then possibly didn't want to get slowed down!
Old 22nd October 2007, 06:56   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
I said Valentine-1, its a very very practical suggestion.
I'm not sure they gotit
But the R1's not something I'm fond of. It might be another Gixxer 1000 possible a 2005 2006 or a v-twin this time!
Old 22nd October 2007, 10:10   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech View Post
The ride.

Crap! I go into fuel save mode. Speed drops to 90-100kmph, revs at 3.5-4,000 rpm, steady throttle.
i loved that part. . .speed drops . . to 90-100. I can just imagin then what 'fast' would be.

cheers.
Old 22nd October 2007, 10:51   #66
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideways
So, do we have your entry for December ?
Sport tourer + linked brakes...hmm!

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasadee
The whine of the V4, and the rattling of cams will keep your heart pounding for a long time after every ride.
Fellow V4 owner! I'll be chewing your brains on some points soon. What tyres are you running now?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiatwallah
Congratulations, ghasee peesee ne vaperje. With such a chequered parsee connection, that bike should be named Viraf, not Viff
hahaha! Viraf! lol!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac
I wear a mesh riding jacket with CE approved armor in the arms, shoulder and spine. Along with riding boots and mesh gloves. I need some good mesh riding pants now. The leathers are not usable on the street in our climate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerard
Congrats Robin! Great buy!!
- Well thought I'd get a call this weekend to ride along!
but then possibly didn't want to get slowed down!
thanks Gerard. Didn't go riding this weekend. Infact I've only put about 40km on the bike since I got back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac
i loved that part. . .speed drops . . to 90-100. I can just imagin then what 'fast' would be.
haha! Well ac, its not as bad as it sounds. I was only doing a bit more than that. But 90-100kmph is the ideal cruising speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous
A V-engine has never given me the mental orgasm that the inline engines give.
True. The thumping of the V4 doesn't give the same rush as the screaming inline four. You really can't beat an inline for sheer vocal pleasure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwayblaze
Biker to biker you can probably imagine how I feel now without my gixxer, but its time to celebrate your new fab acquisition and motivation for me to get a new ride.
C'mon man. I tell you what. Move to Tennessee. They are one of the few states in the US that do not require you to have insurance by law! I know. that's where I rode for a year! No more excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman
a. What range does it have? Being a '99 model, it works with speed 93 or 89 octane saada petrol will do? I notice you never mention speed 97.
b. What's the cost of a similar m/c (pm me if you wouldnt wanna reveal on forum)
c. Over say three years of riding on all sorta north indian terrain, say 36k km - what would be the kinda repairs and consumables you would expect to shell out?
a. About 250km to a tankful. Can do more if cruising at 100kmph. Works perfectly with 91 octane.
b. cost varies on a lot of aspects. Best is look at your budget and try and find the best that suits it. Chances are you will exceed it by around 50K! lol
c. If the basic bike is good, you should not expect any major work. Just like a typical Jap car, it will last. Major expenses would be tyres, which cost quite a packet.
Old 22nd October 2007, 11:05   #67
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech View Post
I need some good mesh riding pants now.
Let me know if it's there anywhere in Bangalore.
I agree, those leather types look too uncomfortable here.
Old 22nd October 2007, 11:20   #68
Senior - BHPian

^^ Rudra you want riding pants ? ..
check Cramster - Travel Gear For The Restless : Motorcycle Touring India Royal Enfield Pulsar Bajaj Karizma Luggage Saddlebags Magnetic Tankbags Travel Gear Riding Jackets Gloves , very good guy and range.He is in bangalore itself.
Old 22nd October 2007, 14:15   #69
BHPian

great bike!!!

I know by now almost everyone on team-bhp has wished you,however thats not going to stop me from wishing another biker heartiest congratulations on getting one of his dream machines.I felt the same when i got my first bike,it was my dream bike too,although it was a humble Hero Honda Karizma! However i was feeling so proud the day i got my bike for the fact that i had bought it out of my own salary.
Dude i think you write is seriously one the best,felt like it has come straight out of some Motorcycle Diaries or something.For that matter i had even loved your write up about buying and owning a superbike in India,so much so that i have actually saved those pages on my hard disk.Neway you have got yourself a great ride.Congrats again,and hope to see your bike around on our city streets someday.Cheers!!!
Old 22nd October 2007, 14:21   #70
BHPian

whata ride n whata report

Robin..

Congrats on the new ride... a reaally good buy I would say..

A great report to go with..

I am so green with envy coz I had to truck my bike from Chennai to Bangy... Folks at home would not let me ride without insurance and registration and I could not wait another day to bring him home...

Last edited by Rehaan : 24th October 2007 at 12:13. Reason: 3 smileys
Old 22nd October 2007, 15:04   #71
BHPian

Envy You RTech!!!
Whatta ride!!!
Old 22nd October 2007, 15:14   #72
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel_headrock
I felt the same when i got my first bike,it was my dream bike too,although it was a humble Hero Honda Karizma! However i was feeling so proud the day i got my bike for the fact that i had bought it out of my own salary.
Hey diesel. Thanks for the kind words. I felt exactly the same as you when I got my first bike many moons ago. It doesn't matter what the bike is, the feeling is the same regardless!

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhuav
I am so green with envy coz I had to truck my bike from Chennai to Bangy...
Is that your Hornet in the profile pic? Sweet bike. How about starting a thread on it? Did you buy it here or import it down when/if you moved back to India from abroad??
Old 22nd October 2007, 15:21   #73
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the new bike and damn I cant believe you did a seak a boo out of town without even letting a whiff out...
Old 22nd October 2007, 15:28   #74
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr View Post
...man I've never tried a cycle in my life.
Old 22nd October 2007, 15:31   #75
Team-BHP Support

blackrr, I agree. Cramster makes some great stuff. As you can see, I am using their turtle tank bag. Great piece of equipment for a ridiculously low price! I didn't know they've started riding pants now! Must check them out. Just wish they had a retailer this side as pants are one thing you need to try on before buying.

Psycho, sorry man, this trip was done with a single purpose! My mind wasn't working too well!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks