Team-BHP > Travelogues

Search this Thread
Old 3rd November 2007, 12:04   #16
Jay
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by omar1310 View Post
Hi! Real good photos!

How do you reach this place? I mean how far is this place from Bangalore or any other major cities/towns in South India?

Regards
Thanks Omar, this place is approx 250 kms from Bangalore if you go through Mysore.

The route : Bangalore - Mysore - Nanjangud - Chamarajanagar - (35kms) Budhi Padaga.

From Mysore its around 110 Kms.
Old 5th November 2007, 14:23   #17

Jay: Nice report, iam sure you would have had a lovely time.

You sure look like an wildlife expert/lover, but imagine what you could have done with your lovely report here. you would have introduced this hidden place to thousands of people and a couple of years down the line, this would be like bandipur.

Totally understand that your intentions were to highlight your good time, but this can lead to traffic jams and a lot of disturbance to the wild life around and the wild life would eventually vanish due to us, you have seen what has happened to bandipur and madumalai. Will state some examples here: The langurs/monkeys near bandipur depend upon travellers to feed them, they find it easier to beg and eat potato chips than to look for food themselves, same with the wild boars, you will find them roaming around the garbage bins around the reception and some private resorts.

There is a death of some wild animal almost everyday in karnataka due to conflict with man, infact you must have read about the elephants at mercara just a few days ago.

so guys iam not spoiling anyone's party, just putting some thought process into all you guys, people who have been visiting jungles would surely agree to the issues happening at most of the south indian jungles.

So jay ...............
Old 5th November 2007, 16:46   #18
Jay
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Man View Post
Jay: Nice report, i am sure you would have had a lovely time.
Well Old Man, to begin with thanks and yes i Did have a great time there.

Quote:
You sure look like an wildlife expert/lover, but imagine what you could have done with your lovely report here. you would have introduced this hidden place to thousands of people and a couple of years down the line, this would be like bandipur.
I'm no Wildlife expert but yes i do like wildlife. Mind you this is no hidden place that i have discovered as you think, this place is surrounded by Coffee estates with guest houses which were given for rent till recently, just that not many ( like you ) have heard of this place as this jungle was once Dominated by Veerappan and hence not much commercial actvity.
This place is already a tourist destination with many Jungle resorts and Govt/Forest guest houses which people can go to. So if i would'nt have introduced this place to people ( if they did'nt know of this earlier ) they eventually would come to know of it.

Quote:
Totally understand that your intentions were to highlight your good time, but this can lead to traffic jams and a lot of disturbance to the wild life around and the wild life would eventually vanish due to us, you have seen what has happened to bandipur and madumalai.
As you have mentioned, yes my intention was to highlight the good time i had over there. Regarding traffic jams and disturbance to wild life, well the forest Dept and the District admin is planning to promote tourism so as to generate revenue for the welfare of the people living in this District and to develop the district as a whole and at the same time i'm sure they would want to preserve the forest and the wildlife there hence most of the forest is reserve forest. The root cause for the vanishing of wildlife i would say is Population itself and i think by controlling the root cause we can preserve wildlife which again is not in our hands alone.

My friend i share the same views as you, i too would'nt want to see the wildlife disappear. Since this section in the forum is about sharing our travelling experiences with one another, hence i posted my experience here.
Old 5th November 2007, 22:34   #19

I totally agree with you at the same time disagree too, so lets end this debate here.

Good report though, and also i know about this place.
Old 6th November 2007, 11:01   #20
Jay
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Man View Post
I totally agree with you at the same time disagree too, so lets end this debate here.
Well people have their own opinions my friend... i'm sorry if i hurt you in any way by posting this travelogue here, no offence meant. just wanted to share my experience here with all as i rate this place as one of the best i have ever visited.

Like you have said Lets end this debate here, and about the pics... am glad you like them, well... just an ordinary Digicam and first time i have taken pics with one.

You say you know the place, are you one of those research guys who go there to study... you can PM me if you do'nt want to post here.
Old 4th November 2014, 11:20   #21
BHPian

Re: Two Days & One Night in C'nagar District forests !!! Paradise...

Hello Jay

I have been wanting to visit Jodigere and Honnematti for a very long time, but just haven't been able to get the right information on how do to it ? Can you please provide additional information on the following aspects ?

1. We want to visit both Jodigere and Honnematti. How many days are needed to trek ?

2. I can see Jodigere Antipoaching Camp very clearly on Google Maps. It is towards the west of Germalam. But where is Honnematti ? Can you help me spot it on the map ?

3. How and where do we get the requisite permissions ?

4. Can we take our bike or SUV into those areas ?

Many Thanks !

Most Viewed