Team-BHP > Travelogues

Search this Thread
Old 31st October 2007, 22:14   #1
Team-BHP Support

TVM- Bangalore trip! How team-bhp makes life easy!

Whats the relevance of the title? That will come in the last parts of the report. But, dont skip the rest of it, unless you really dont want to be caught in the excitement of a 20 year old having completed his first 'long' trip (If I can say so)

Why the trip?

Shopping. Well, i know that sounds stupid and almost girlish! However, thats not the case. My friend needed new alloys+ tyres, and i needed to buy a cam. Although bangalore prices were better, it was not enough to justify coming down to bangalore for the stuff.

However, seeing in a different angle, put in the excitement of a road trip to bangalore without spending any extra amount sounded too good to ignore! And the fact that the car in question here is a diesel CRDi and altogether 5 people were joining in made things simpler.

Planning

Team- bhp rocks! Planned everything here, and the best part is everything worked to the plan as well. All the planning is in these threads-
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...mera-help.html
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadget...ns-etc-76.html

Worked out the costs to be about 1200 per person (including diesel and lodging), which was acceptable.
Special thanks to kpzen, benbsb29 and rjstyles69 for giving all the help needed.

The car

A Hyundai Accent CRDi, which has done more than 50k+ kms.

Most team-bhp'ians will ask- whats so special about a hyundai car? Well, its a wonderful package. Very good power, mileage, nice build quality and comfort. NVH levels are high compared to modern diesels and it is not exactly made with the boy-racer in mind. However, the car did more than good in whatever thrown at it during the trip.

Day 1
Started thursday night by about 9pm. Roads were 'good' upto ernakulam. After that, my friend handed over the car. Wish i could say that i had a nice drive till coimbatore. However, roads were bad enough, and to add to it, was stuck in traffic for almost 2 hours near the border. Tamil nadu side was better till coimbatore.

From coimbatore, my friend took over again till bangalore. Took the following route.
Coimbatore->Sathy->Bannari->Thimbam -> Chamrajnagar->Nanjangud ->Mysore -> Bangalore route as suggested in the above thread.

However, roads were blocked in Sathy. And was stuck again for almost one and half hours. Near mysore, the roads were real bad. But road-side view was real good this route. However, we decided not to take that route back for the return journey.

Some pics from the trip down that road...

Had late late breakfast/ late lunch from mysore. And reached bangalore by evening. Took room in a hotel near majestic, and went roaming to near-by places.

Day 2

Started thinking about alloys and stuff. Bangalore city was new for us, however was hoping team-bhp would come through for us, and it did!

First up, called benbsb29 and asked about the whole thing. Took his advice and called up rjstyles69 who took care of the rest, literally! He gave us directions to the shop, called up the shop owner, made sure we got a good deal, called up kpzen and made sure we got all the specs right. Not to forget that kpzen had already given all the advice needed on what to buy and at what price. Tyre shopping was almost like reading a manual, we just did as per adviced and made sure we didnt make a mess of it, and all went fine!

Then, the cam. rjstyles69 gave all the directions. Went to foto circle, and got a fair deal on the S5 IS. Got it, and am a happy man ever since.

Spent the evening at the 'forum', and headed back towards our hotel. Slept till late the next day.

Day 3

Started the return trip, but not before waking up benbsb29 and rjstyles69 for asking few things. Took the following route-
Bangalore> Hosur> Bhavani> Coimbatore> Palakkad> Ernakulam> TVM.

Coimbatore by-pass is real good, and almost made like a straight line. But kerala side roads are again terrible, and palakkad thrissur is a no- no! . Checked out the Audi and BMW showrooms, but both were closed as it was a sunday.

Sad part is that I didnt get a chance to meet up with the bangy -Bhp'ians. Anyways, will come there soon again. Thanks for everyone who helped with the planning. Wanted to meet up with and riju and benny for all the help they gave. But, have to postpone that also for later.

Kinda hard to believe how we all get connected through team-bhp!

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 31st October 2007 at 22:24.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2007, 22:21   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

The intra-BHPian connection will be better if you could remove the FONT, COLOR and =QUOT tags
Old 31st October 2007, 22:23   #3
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
The intra-BHPian connection will be better if you could remove the FONT, COLOR and =QUOT tags
Done!

Dont know where all those came from. Whew! Was hard work deleting all those.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 31st October 2007 at 22:25.
Old 31st October 2007, 23:07   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
unless you really dont want to be caught in the excitement of a 20 year old having completed his first 'long' trip (If I can say so)
And why wouldnt we want to get caught up in that excitement? The first 'long' roadtrip is always special. Makes you smile when you think back!

Quote:
Kinda hard to believe how we all get connected through team-bhp!
[/left]
You can say that again. You have just experienced a 'sample' of that connection!
Old 31st October 2007, 23:14   #5
Senior - BHPian

Aah there you are Sujay. Nice to know things went as planned.

Trust me the car luks super cool with those rims. Like I said earlier, it resembles or rather pretty much the same as what fellow member shajufx picked up for his Wagon R.

So did you regret buying the Accelere's ? BTW I see the camera is being put to very good use. Welcome to the club .
Old 31st October 2007, 23:21   #6
Senior - BHPian

Sujay
Nice to know that u had good trip and got all u had in mind..
I guess now u would be more active in the non-auto image thread

Great work Riju.
Old 31st October 2007, 23:37   #7
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
You can say that again. You have just experienced a 'sample' of that connection!
Next year, most probably will have to shift to bangalore. So, looking forward to the whole of it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Trust me the car luks super cool with those rims. Like I said earlier, it resembles or rather pretty much the same as what fellow member shajufx picked up for his Wagon R.
Ya. Only problem is that they look lifeless with a bit of dirt on it. And the car is not washed often!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
BTW I see the camera is being put to very good use. Welcome to the club .
Havent even learned what all it can do!
Old 1st November 2007, 08:53   #8
BHPian

Wow! Nice travelogue! You left with common OE tyres and returned with bling wheels and tyres! I love the rims! The pictures are so clear! The BMW picture is so brainwatering!

Wonderful interaction with the BHPians!

cya
A
Old 1st November 2007, 13:00   #9
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the new wheels. You can always count on riju to get anything done in bangalore. Next I am planning to send my car to be exchanged for his baleno.
Old 1st November 2007, 13:46   #10
Senior - BHPian

Hey CD, rides looking good Enjoy the S5, I wanted to pick it up but at the time price was prohibitive and I settled with the S3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Next I am planning to send my car to be exchanged for his baleno.
Old 1st November 2007, 14:31   #11
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
I guess now u would be more active in the non-auto image thread
Unless they throw me out.
Would have loved to be in the auto-image thread, but the rules are real strict there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absar View Post
The BMW picture is so brainwatering!
How i wish the showroom was open that day! Only could check the cars from outside.
Old 1st November 2007, 20:09   #12
Senior - BHPian

wonderfull text and pictures crazy.you had made that look so simple but i know what had gone through.i feel proud to be a part of our team bhp.hope its the same with everyone.

ram
Old 1st November 2007, 21:36   #13
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Next I am planning to send my car to be exchanged for his baleno.
Hmmm. Can i have your esteem in exchange for my wagonR?
Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah View Post
Hey CD, rides looking good
Not mine. hehe. My friend's car, as said above. Mine's a WagonR and petrol bills keep her safely parked at home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah View Post
Enjoy the S5, I wanted to pick it up but at the time price was prohibitive and I settled with the S3.
Most of the reviews mention that S3IS can stand head high in front of the S5IS. I had a tough time deciding between the two. Chose S5IS because its new in the market.
Old 2nd November 2007, 01:41   #14
BHPian

Quote:

Mine's a WagonR and petrol bills keep her safely parked at home.

BTW you made the right choice, S5IS is way better than S3IS
Old 2nd November 2007, 13:18   #15
Team-BHP Support

Sujay, Riju should take most of the honours for the help provided, i just took up a PR exercise for him, thats all.

Nice pics there and as the others mentioned, looks like the camera is already very active.

Quote:
Congrats on the new wheels. You can always count on riju to get anything done in bangalore. Next I am planning to send my car to be exchanged for his baleno.
Now, thats something he wouldnt part with. But it would be an amazing transformation.
IN => Esteem
OUT => Baleno

Most Viewed