Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th May 2008, 01:31   #31

The border crossings come fast in this part of the world! The countries are so tiny that they can be driven across in a day (as if you would want to!). Crossing borders has been surprisingly uncomplicated so far. Most usually take about an hour or so for the immigration and the paperwork for the car import/export. More annoying are the small bribes that almost all immigration officers ding the foreign visitors.

Here is a nice vista along the way to Managua, Nicaragua:

Part II - On the road to Inuvik and beyond-720pxfjatmomotombo.jpg

Last edited by Rehaan : 25th May 2008 at 03:26. Reason: Please see the ANNOUNCEMENTS section for the NEW instructions on how to upload images to Team-BHP. Do NOT use external hosting anymore as it is against Team-BHP rules. Thanks.
Old 25th May 2008, 03:28   #32
Team-BHP Support

Wow i dont know how i missed this thread!!

SUPERB pics! It seems like you are on a real adventure.

Waiting to see more.
cya
R
Old 26th May 2008, 01:56   #33
Senior - BHPian

Wonderful update Shreesh, looking forward to some more pictures & updates from you! Congratulations on the progress made & Best of Luck!
Old 26th May 2008, 11:09   #34
Senior - BHPian

An awesome travel journey. Can I have the web address of the page of this entire thing, which gives the entire route info and the planning done? please.
Old 30th May 2008, 09:48   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderernomad View Post
An awesome travel journey. Can I have the web address of the page of this entire thing, which gives the entire route info and the planning done? please.
Hi wanderernomad,

You can find more information about the trip at:

A Long Drive

The Maps tab has the intended route of the expedition and the current route taken. The Trip Planning section still needs some work, but every modification to the car is presented and discussed
Old 31st May 2008, 08:19   #36

It is usually fun to put the FJ on a ferry and take it to the other side of a river, sea, or lake. The boat journey provides a nice break from driving and an opportunity to kmeet fellow travelers.

The ferry to Ometepe, Nicaragua was not too much fun, especially for the FJ! We got stuck next to a truckload of nervous cows - and what do nervous coes do? yep, they poop a lot. They pooped so much that the window mechanism started behaving funny.

Part II - On the road to Inuvik and beyond-720pxfjcows.jpg

Last edited by Rehaan : 31st May 2008 at 09:10. Reason: Image hosted on Team-BHP now.
Old 31st May 2008, 09:58   #37
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreesh View Post
...The Trip Planning section still needs some work, but every modification to the car is presented and discussed
FABULOUS!!!!!
I really enjoyed reading that. I liked the way that each modification was given its own little snippit with pictures.

For the benefit of other members, here is the direct link to the FJ Cruiser modifications : FJ Cruiser mods

I thoroughly enjoyed your blog entry about the Dell 6000 too
(link)

You have a very colorful and witty style of writing that cracks me up.

A question : How were you able to put your "life" on hold for 15 months in order to do this trip (ie job / money / time wise)

Keep the posts coming!
cya
R
Old 31st May 2008, 21:08   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
FABULOUS!!!!!
I really enjoyed reading that. I liked the way that each modification was given its own little snippit with pictures.

For the benefit of other members, here is the direct link to the FJ Cruiser modifications : FJ Cruiser mods

I thoroughly enjoyed your blog entry about the Dell 6000 too
(link)

You have a very colorful and witty style of writing that cracks me up.

A question : How were you able to put your "life" on hold for 15 months in order to do this trip (ie job / money / time wise)

Keep the posts coming!
cya
R
Hi Rehaan,

You forgot to put a disclaimer on the link to the Dell review. The foul language contained therein was not penned by me but my evil twin. Sometimes he comes out and I can't control him.

As for putting my life on hold - both Neena and I felt that it was time to take a break from our everyday life in San Francisco and see what else is out there. I quit my job at a startup that was circling the drain and Neena got a leave of absence from her work at Oracle Corp. Years of living within our means had left us with a nice nest-egg and currently we are living off the investment income generated from it.

So after this trip, who knows where we will be? We are currently considering Montreal, Prague, and Budapest - but the list changes frequently!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks