Team-BHP > Travelogues

Search this Thread
Old 12th November 2007, 19:08   #16
Senior - BHPian

Nice report Manju,,
I'm sure you guys have enjoyed the coorg at its best, I guess coming few months would be the best time to visit coorg as it would not be raining a lot and the nature at its best....
Could you please let me know some more details about homestays around that area!! what would be the approx fare and how safe these places to go with family!!
My plan would be a proper weekend and would be tight to go around all the places in coorg (including chelavara hills and beyond).
@Nip,
I remember reading your post where you said if you are lucky and wheather is clear you can alos see the horizon (arebian sea!!) from the top of the hill - is this place beyond the falls??
I will definately go thru those posts again, if you have something more than that (in terms of driving direction and distance of the places around madikeri) please share..

Hey Manju, go thru that post on how to post pics in the thread and you can put-up smaller thumbnails on the post rather than posting the URLs to the pic files... wonderful trip and very good report.
Thanks.
Old 13th November 2007, 12:44   #17

Hi Ketan, u can read the travelogues of mine, NIP, rjstyle69 for further info. In one of these u will get the link which lists all the homestays in and around Madikeri town, u can choose where to stay based on places ur plng to visit.

We stayed in a place called Cauvery Home Stay which is 2km frm Madikeri town, and felt it was a nice and decent place, also well placed for our journey to all places we visited (read my travelogue for details).

It costs us 1500/- bugs per day for 4 of us. The cost is 1000/- per day for 2 bedroom house,and per head it will cost u Rs500/- more to add one more bed. This cost is without food, food will be provided but charged extra.

There are other homestays as well which charge u Rs2000/- per day for 4ppl or more and provide breakfast only. CHeck out the website for more info.

And as for safety, we didnt feel any problems in the place we stayed, more or less these homestays are run by ppl who r retired, defence or ppl whoz children hv left them bck in Coorg, so dont worry abt safety aspect, i feel its good for family stay as well. I think its better than hotels stay. There are few in coorg and charge u heavily , comparitively homestays are better and more cost effective.

As for places to visit, read my travelogue/ NIP's. 2days should be ok to visit most places, but i am afraid u wont be able to njoy the places with such tight schedule, see if u can stretch it by atleast 1 day, 3 days is ideal and also u can visit the place beyond Chalavera falls (which we missed out ) its awesome in the photos, and guess NIP said this was the place frm where u can get a glimpse of the Arabian Sea, if i'm not wrong.

Hv a gr8 trip , and dont forget to share ur exp back here when ur done.
Regards
Manjunath
Ford Ikon Flair 2007
Old 13th November 2007, 18:28   #18

Some more photos of the Coorg trip

Regards
Manjunath
Old 14th November 2007, 15:58   #19
NIP
Senior - BHPian

@ Ketan & Manjunath : the ocean is visible on extremely clear days (probably in summer - only heard, not yet seen) from most high altitude places around that area. few places i know are chelavara (top), tadiyandamol and bhramhagiri (talacauvery).

Most Viewed