Team-BHP - Tirupathi and nearby places
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Travelogues (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/)
-   -   Tirupathi and nearby places (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/31407-tirupathi-nearby-places.html)

Planning a trip to Tirupathi next weekend, may start on 23rd or 22nd. Some of my friends suggested that I also cover the nearby places like Kanipakam, Kalahasthi, Kancheepuram, Thiruthani, and vellore, but they are not sure about the distance to these places from Tirupathi.

Awaiting valuable inputs from bhpians.

Regards,

Raj

Kalahasti is east of Tirupati - around 40 kms - on the road leadng to Nellore.

Tirutani is on the road to Madras via Renigunta and Puttur - around 60 kms. If you turn left at Tiruttani, you go to Madras, but if you keep going straight, you can reach Kanchipuram via Arakonam - Kanchi is around 50 kms.

From Kanchi, take the NH4 (GQ) - Kanchi is just off NH4 - and go on GQ (getting off GQ) at Ranipet/Wallajahpet, and Vellore is around 75 kms from Kanchi.

You can return to Tirupati direct from Vellore via Chitoor (around 50 kms) and from Chitoor to Tirupati.

I don't know where Kanipakam is. And I have not travelled on the Vellore-Chitoor road. All other roads are moderately good, and GQ of course is outstanding.

Ideal itinerary would be:
Tirupati-Renigunta-Kalahasti-Renigunta-Tirupati
Tirupati-Renigunta-Puttur-Tirutani-Arakonam-Kanchipuram
Kanchipuram-Vellore-Chitoor-Tirupati

You could do this circuit easily in the 2 days at your disposal, take you 2 hours to Kalhasti and back, and maybe budget a full day to teh other places in one go.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hvkumar (Post 628432)

It is SriKalahasti and it is on the road to Naidupet on SH61. At Naidupet we hit the GQ/NH5 about 65km south of Nellore...

Abhi

Quote:

Originally Posted by hvkumar (Post 628432)

Tirutani is on the road to Madras via Renigunta and Puttur - around 60 kms. If you turn left at Tiruttani, you go to Madras, but if you keep going straight, you can reach Kanchipuram via Arakonam - Kanchi is around 50 kms.

From Kanchi, take the NH4 (GQ) - Kanchi is just off NH4 - and go on GQ (getting off GQ) at Ranipet/Wallajahpet, and Vellore is around 75 kms from Kanchi.

You can return to Tirupati direct from Vellore via Chitoor (around 50 kms) and from Chitoor to Tirupati.

I don't know where Kanipakam is. And I have not travelled on the Vellore-Chitoor road. All other roads are moderately good, and GQ of course is outstanding.

Ideal itinerary would be:
Tirupati-Renigunta-Kalahasti-Renigunta-Tirupati
Tirupati-Renigunta-Puttur-Tirutani-Arakonam-Kanchipuram
Kanchipuram-Vellore-Chitoor-Tirupati

You could do this circuit easily in the 2 days at your disposal, take you 2 hours to Kalhasti and back, and maybe budget a full day to teh other places in one go.

In my last visit (a year ago) visited all these. If I remember correctly Tiruttani is 2-3 Hrs (probably like 100 KMs) from Tirupati. Kanipakkam is close to Chithoor, probably about 15 KMs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sreenivass (Post 628835)
In my last visit (a year ago) visited all these. If I remember correctly Tiruttani is 2-3 Hrs (probably like 100 KMs) from Tirupati. Kanipakkam is close to Chithoor, probably about 15 KMs.

Tirupati-Tiruttani distance of 100 KMs is possibly wrong, I saw another website quoting 66 KMs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sreenivass (Post 629043)
Tirupati-Tiruttani distance of 100 KMs is possibly wrong, I saw another website quoting 66 KMs.

I referred my old log books, distances are as follows:

Tirupati-Puutur (either via Tiruchanoor or Renigunta) 30 kms - Tiruttani 31 kms. The drive should not take you more than 1.5 hours.

Tirupati-Renigunta 10 kms-Sri Kalahasti 26 kms

Thanks Kumar, Abhi, and Sreenivas for your valuable inputs. There is a slight change in my program; instead of my family accompanying me, my friends will accompanying me and due to leave constraints to some of them, we intend to visit only Kanipakam, Tirupathi, and Kalahasthi this time.

All your inputs will be definitely useful when I do my next trip to these places with my family.

Regards,

Raj

kanipakam is in between tirupati and chittoor. u can visit while going or on the return. better is go to tirupati have darsan, visit kalahasti and return via bypass at renigunta ( need not go to tirupati). on the way to chittor after putalapattu you can see left diversion for kanipakam. it is some 10.15 km inside. road is just ok. not great. small one not wide enough two years back. from kanipakam ask for bangarupalyam road. you can meet chittor highway at bangarupalem no need to come back to putalapattu.

There is a new pilgrimage near Tirupati by name Arakonda/ Arthagiri or some thing along those lines. There is a Hanuman temple, Its not far off from Kanipakkam or Chtoor. People believe a piece of Sajeevini Hill fell in the pond there while Hanuman was bring it south and the water is believed to be Sarvaroga nivarini (cures all kinds of illness).

Quote:

Originally Posted by sada (Post 628371)
Planning a trip to Tirupathi next weekend, may start on 23rd or 22nd. Some of my friends suggested that I also cover the nearby places like Kanipakam, Kalahasthi, Kancheepuram, Thiruthani, and vellore, but they are not sure about the distance to these places from Tirupathi.Awaiting valuable inputs from bhpians.

You can also check out the Thalakona water falls - around 35 Kms from Tirupati towards Madanapalle side. Roads and the venue - both are good. You need to park your vehicle and walk for a couple of Kilometres to reach the base of the falls.

check mapmyindia.com
both kanipakam and aragonda are clearly marked. at the chittor bypass from palamaner side the left diversion goes to kanipakam. there is huge board and directions to it.
aragonda has appollo hospital at it happens to be the native place of appollo pratap reddy. it is very small temple on small hillock, with a small temple pond/pushkarani

Parasurameswara temple, Gudimallam. About 10 km away from Renigunta. One of the most ancient Shiva temples, Dates back to 3 BC.

Appalayagunta Prasanna Venkateshwara Swamy temple. About 15km from Tirupati. The Lord has the right hand in Abhaya Mudra.

Pallikondeswara Temple, Surutapalli (also Pradosha kshetram). Around 75 km from Tirupati. Lord Shiva is in human form lying on Parvati's lap.

Srikalahasti, Kanipakam, Tiruttani, Kanchipuram are already covered in this thread.