Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th November 2007, 07:45   #1
BHPian

Bangalore->Shivansamudra Trip

Inspired by Sree's trip (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...k-report.html), I also decided to go for a spin.

Since the direction etc are there in above link, let me skip those details and write abt remaining things.

Road condition: Most of it is good. About 5 kms before Malavalli, road starts to get a little bad, and after crossing the town, there are no roads for the next 5 kms.

As suggested by sree, we first went to Bara chukki. These falls are just awesome. If possible do take a shower there. Not sure about the safety, but I havent seen many places where so many ppl were enjoying the water like this.Its a must do.

After spending 2 hrs there we went to a dargah which we had spotted (1-2 kms from bara chukki). From here we can view the gagana chukki falls. If you have a sweet tooth, dont miss the boondi that was being sold here

Next stop was gagana chukki falls. There isn't much to do here. We can only go to a certain view point and see the falls from a far away distance.(Just another angle of view of the same falls that we saw from the dargah).

Food is a problem here. The nearest deent place is Maddur Tiffanys' and missing there maddur vada will be a crime.

Some photos:
Roads:This is quite ok.

A better section:

Thats my baby:

View from the top

View at the base

Gagana chukki falls
Old 26th November 2007, 08:38   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amohit View Post
Next stop was gagana chukki falls. There isn't much to do here. We can only go to a certain view point and see the falls from a far away distance.(Just another angle of view of the same falls that we saw from the dargah).
Nice Trip Mohit, Didnt you try out Talakkad? You should have done that as well.
During my first visit there in Oct 2004, we trekked down GaganChukki Falls, although bit risky, we were very careful and it was indeed fun. Here is one of the pic down Gaganchukki

Abhi
Old 26th November 2007, 10:24   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akroy View Post
Nice Trip Mohit, Didnt you try out Talakkad?
i plan to do that seprately, along with Somanathapura
Old 26th November 2007, 10:51   #4
BHPian

@amohit,

Were You there on Sunday? I was there too but didnt go to Barachukki as we enjoyed the falls near Durgah and were late for home. Pics coming up!
Sreenidhibr's trip was definitely an inspiration.

For people who are planning to take these roads beware, there is a pathetic gravel only stretch for about 2-3 kms! Other than that road to Maddur is quite ok with lots of patch work done and still holding together.

Do not go for the Bluff viewpoint, absolutely waste of time. Head straight to Barachukki and while coming back, spend some time at the Durgah water falls. Its amazing to see the waterfalls so close with rainbow shine through.
Old 26th November 2007, 11:59   #5
BHPian

Wow - good to know my report was useful :-)

Here are some of my photos of the falls:

Barachukki -

Barachukki - at the foot of the falls -

Barachukki - again -

Gaganachukki (you can see the dargah in the backdrop) -
Old 26th November 2007, 12:09   #6
BHPian

@Rocky_Balboa,

I went there on sunday! What time were u there in dargah? We reached there at arnd 2.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks