Team-BHP - Reclaiming Mysore
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Travelogues (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/)
-   -   Reclaiming Mysore (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/32106-reclaiming-mysore.html)

The Journey to Mysore

Due to some work we started only later in the day around 12:30 PM on saturday from Banglore, occupants dadu and family (2+1). In the meantime I got the air checked 30 PSI front, 35 PSI rear and withdrew some
cash.

Faced slight traffic to reach the Mysore road and the Sun was on its glory, facing us.

The view near Maddur

The Safari

The Road

SH17 is extremely good till the end, apart from those barriers and speed rumblers across the whole
route everything about it is perfect.

Stopped at Indra Dhanush (Kamat was too crowded) for some grub ordered some Maddur Vada and Idlis
and then moved on. Spent some 45 min there.

Srirangapatnam

Took the diversion towards Gumbaz, resting place for the Tiger- Tippu Sultan and his family +
Warrior generals.

Hired a Guide to explain the place and architecture in detail. Took some 30-45 min to cover the place and then my wife and kid indulged in some horse riding outside, while I clicked.

Gumbaz

You can also see the Tipu Fort and Sangam (on same road) but we decided to move on to Mysore.

Mysore

I had already booked at Dasprakash Paradise and it took us some time to find the hotel as its not in the city, but on the outskirts so we had to see the Bus stand and railway station before reaching the hotel.

Hotel is big and location is good with ample parking space and calm surroundings. Checked-in around
5 PM, ordered some coffee and snacks.

Asked the reception for directions to Vrindavan Gardens and moved out by around 6:15 PM.

Vrindavan Gardens (KRS dam)

Its a long Journey to the dam, even more so for people staying into the city and the road is not good, but anyhow reached there around 7:15 PM.

The tickets are endless, toll ticket, camera ticket,
your ticket, moved in, its a long walk to the garden, so decided to take the ferry service through water (Rs 7, one way).

View from ferry

Started clicking pictures as it was already dark and couldnt see much beyond the garden lights.

Near one of the popular photo-spots they also check your camera ticket, so dont forget, but the
lights are dim, so you can hardly make out what written, as long as the ticket colour is pink, it
works.

The Garden with fountains

After few photo shoots went onto the Light & sound fountain, took a seat and waited for it to start. When it started it was good, you could also hear the whistles and hooting of the crowd as songs changed from one to another.

The Musical Fountain

That was the last show so, we moved out slightly before 8 PM to avoid the rush, took the ferry back and then there are hordes of people selling you one thing or the other.

Passed many cars moving at snails pace, stopping for those small rumblers but I glided through although not
very fast over them. Its extremely dark and difficult to spot the potholes. Reached hotel slightly before 9:00PM, ordered milk and food, freshened up and crashed into bed by 10.

Wokeup early on Sunday, around 7:45 AM, ordered tea, got ready, ordered breakfast and we were out of the room by 8:30 AM, took directions from the reception.

Chamundeshwari

The drive to Chamundeshwari was like the hills and the first hilldrive for my Safari, enjoyed it. Now there is a toll booth if you want to goto the temple but if you want to see the big Nandi bull, no need to pay the toll, just move onto the right diversion, its a one way, so you will reach back down and have to climb again if you change your mind later for the temple.

We went to the temple and parked, now just like everywhere normal darshan, Special darshan(Rs 20)
and direct darshan (Rs100), choose and pay as you feel comfortable, we took the special darshan, bit faster than normal but still 15-20 min in the queue.

Temple

Took the blessings and then came back to turn onto the Nandi bull road.

Nandi Bull

The view is extemely good on downhill and you can see the Mysore Palace and Race Course from here, if the sky is clear.

Race Course & Mysore Palace

The Zoo

On the way to Zoo took a wrong turn and got lost, asked some people and then back in lane, reached the Zoo, parked the safari under a tree.

The Main Attractions

Chimps & Gorilla

Rhino

After finishing the tour, reached hotel at around 1 PM, ordered food, ordered coffee.

Checked out by 3:00PM, reached home by Sunday, 5:30 PM, no stops inbetween.

Hotel Ratings- The (dasprakash) Paradise
Room - Average
Service - Good
Location - Good
Parking - Available

:D I see the travel bug has bitten you.

Wish you many more such adventures in your silver shadow. I'm sure there will be more, because this vehicle just makes you WANT to travel.

Next trip - Coorg.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeroid (Post 644591)
:D I see the travel bug has bitten you.

because this vehicle just makes you WANT to travel.

Next trip - Coorg.

Yeah I totally agree with the last line!!! It makes you wanna perch on the watch tower and move the entire tower around and of course "move around" and How. Happy cruising ........

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeroid (Post 644591)
Next trip - Coorg.

Nice travelogue..Dadu.

Next trip should be Shivanasamudram falls....One day trip. :D

Hey Dadu, wow nice travelogue and great pictures.

oh god, I was also there last before weekend. Was thinking of posting some pics here. Mysore is fabulous for a leisurely travel. The road to chamundeswari was a beauty to climb on. But to KRS, the roads are very bad.

\\HKP

[quote=dadu;644579]The Journey to Mysore
The view is extemely good on downhill and you can see the Mysore Palace and Race Course from here, if the sky is clear.

Race Course & Mysore Palace

Nice writeup ... :)
FYI ... The palace in the photo above, is not the Mysore Palace, its Lalith Mahal.
(Now it has a hotel run by the Ashok group)

Good pictures!

Here are a couple of other places to see near Sriranga pattana
- Sri Ranganatha Swamy temple and the river Cauvery behind it
- Sri Nimishamba temple and the river Cauvery beside it

The flowing river is great fun for the kids! :-)

Hi Dadu,
Nice travellogue. You had a perfect weekend.
How much did the hotel room rent cost/day?

Nice family trip and good pics too. Which camera did you use?

Nice writeup and sounds like you have had a good weekend.

That looks like the Lalith Mahal Palace hotel and not the 'Mysore Palace'.

Thanks for the correction, I thought both are same.

Quote:

Originally Posted by alemaari (Post 644773)
FYI ... The palace in the photo above, is not the Mysore Palace, its Lalith Mahal.
(Now it has a hotel run by the Ashok group)

Yes the cauvery sangam, you have to take the same road as for Gumbaz, we didnt go there though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sreenidhibr (Post 644807)
Good pictures!

Here are a couple of other places to see near Sriranga pattana
- Sri Ranganatha Swamy temple and the river Cauvery behind it
- Sri Nimishamba temple and the river Cauvery beside it

The flowing river is great fun for the kids! :-)

INR1100 + tax.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ramki067 (Post 644810)
Hi Dadu,
Nice travellogue. You had a perfect weekend.
How much did the hotel room rent cost/day?

Cannon S5IS

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobike008 (Post 644879)
Nice family trip and good pics too. Which camera did you use?

Nice update and pics dadu,
So this was the first long drive on your much awaited Safari.

you didnt mention anything about you ride? how was it? how was the FE and the ride quality?

Abhi

For that keep following my Ownership report here

Didnt want to mix them up and make this travelogue a safari report ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by akroy (Post 645018)
Nice update and pics dadu,
So this was the first long drive on your much awaited Safari.

you didnt mention anything about you ride? how was it? how was the FE and the ride quality?

Abhi