Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th December 2007, 10:56   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
Ankush, from what you say, the Jalandhar-Pathankot road construction work is over. Is it now double road all the way to Pathankot?
No, that road is still under construction. I went via Hoshiarpur, Dasuya. It's a toll road. You can take the diversion from Amballa towards Chandigarh and then head straight towards Hoshiarpur via Ropar, and then proceed to Dasuya, Pathankot. You will not find a single bump on the road till Dasuya. From then on till Pathankot the road is under construction, and this route (Dasuya to Pathankot) is common whether you go via Hoshiarpur or Jallandhar.
Old 12th December 2007, 17:23   #17
BHPian

Sethi saab, Is there any alternate route to Khajjaiar( I mean from Una side,as the sorroundings will be better in this route)Any recommended place to stay.Do's n Don't would be great help!
Old 12th December 2007, 19:31   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gill View Post
Sethi saab, Is there any alternate route to Khajjaiar( I mean from Una side,as the sorroundings will be better in this route)Any recommended place to stay.Do's n Don't would be great help!
Gill Paaji, Take this route:

Chd - Ropar - Kiratpur - Nangal - Una - Mubarakpur - Dehra- Kangra - Shahpur - Dalhousie - Khajjiar
OR
Shahpur - Garneta - Chuari - Khajjiar

Almost same distance as via HSP- PTK

Last edited by breezydrive : 12th December 2007 at 19:37.
Old 13th December 2007, 14:24   #19
BHPian

@breezdrive i hope this route shall have more scenic beauty then the other route,How about roads??
Any good hotel to stay in.
Cheers!
Old 22nd November 2012, 12:32   #20
BHPian

Re: Weekend Trip - Chandigarh to Dalhousie/Khajjiar

Quote:
Originally Posted by breezydrive View Post
For any query between DELHI - DALHOUSIE, you can PM me anytime!

And for any route in HIMACHAL also.

I'll suggest you spare one more day & visit Dharmsala - Mcleodganj.

While coming back from Dalhousie, reach Banikhet & about 10 km down towards Dunera, turn left to reach Shahpur on NH-20, Dharmsala is only 35 km from here.
From Dharmsala, follow this route:
Dharmsala - kangra - Ranital - Dehra - Chintpurni - Mubarkpur - Una - Nangal - AnandpurSahib - Kiratpur - Ropar = 205 km

Ropar - Kharar - Ambala - Delhi
Hi, I am new to Team Bhp and this is going to be my first post I am planning to visit Khajjiar anytime soon for 2days 1 night. I have got a Bolero jeep and I am a kind of adventure freak, someone thus suggested me to take this route: Chandigarh-Talwara-Jasur-Nurpur-Chobari-Jot-Khajjiar-Dalhousie and then back via Pathankot (the normal route). I just wanted to know your opinion, your expert advice. I will be accompanied by my wife and 2 year old baby.
Old 23rd November 2012, 14:01   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepster_chd View Post
Hi, I am new to Team Bhp and this is going to be my first post I am planning to visit Khajjiar anytime soon for 2days 1 night. I have got a Bolero jeep and I am a kind of adventure freak, someone thus suggested me to take this route: Chandigarh-Talwara-Jasur-Nurpur-Chobari-Jot-Khajjiar-Dalhousie and then back via Pathankot (the normal route). I just wanted to know your opinion, your expert advice. I will be accompanied by my wife and 2 year old baby.
Yes, the route above is a bit adventurous. But, as you are a first timer with a baby on the board, I suggest you to take the normal route from Chandigarh, which would be :

Chandigarh - Hoshiarpur - Dasuya - Pathankot - Dhar - Dunera - Banikhet - Dalhousie.

OR

Avoid the Bold part of route in the quoted post.
breezydrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2012, 14:39   #22
BHPian

Thank You! I will consider your advice and probably leave early tomorrow for Dalhousie and will be back by sunday night. Thanks again.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks