Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th December 2007, 21:43   #16
Senior - BHPian

Full Travelogue uploaded.abad-bangy-tanjore-rameswaram-tvm-bangy-abad

Hai TBHpers,

Have uploaded the full story of south trip here with micro-details, phots, videos, on the Travelogue section Abad-bangy-tanjore-rameswaram-tvm-bangy-abad thread. Took a lot of doing over 7 days.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...angy-abad.html

Happy Driving,

--Ramky
------------
Old 11th December 2007, 21:46   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Ramky, any specific reason for a new thread ? We could have continued on the same thread, with a more suitable title.
Old 11th December 2007, 21:52   #18
Senior - BHPian

I got 3 PM's

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Ramky, any specific reason for a new thread ? We could have continued on the same thread, with a more suitable title.
Got 3 PM's asking for Tanjore to Cape road conditions; obviously my updated travelogue has not been read. The new thread is my last post on the subject.

--Ramky

----
Old 11th December 2007, 22:00   #19
BHPian

What an excellent writeup Ramky, the longest one that I have read on team bhp.

Congrats!!
Old 11th December 2007, 22:30   #20
Senior - BHPian

Nice write up Ramky. Though I did not have the time to read the whole writeup, I read the first part. The travelogue is very detailed writeup.
Will certainly read it when I find time...
Old 11th December 2007, 23:14   #21
Senior - BHPian

Great write up Ramky. It is travelogues like this one that inspire me to take a long driving holiday myself.
Old 11th December 2007, 23:31   #22
Team-BHP Support

Note from mod: Do not start new threads unnecessarily
Old 12th December 2007, 07:53   #23
Senior - BHPian

Please merge thrdads

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Note from mod: Do not start new threads unnecessarily
The necessity was the tel calls, mails and PM's I got, thought it would be helpful to those who really want help. Tnx for merging threads.

--Ramky

-------

Last edited by ramkya1 : 12th December 2007 at 07:59.
Old 12th December 2007, 08:04   #24
BHPian

Wooow, i think it is the longest journey reported in tbhp, discounting any such distances covered in the buttery smooth roads in the developed world.

hats off to you. have bookmarked it for the weekend.
Old 12th December 2007, 09:08   #25
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramkya1 View Post
The necessity was the tel calls, mails and PM's I got, thought it would be helpful to those who really want help. Tnx for merging threads.

--Ramky

-------
You could have put the update in the same thread(its the same travelogue, right?) and used the report post function to request a title change
Old 12th December 2007, 10:11   #26
Senior - BHPian

That Possible?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
You could have put the update in the same thread(its the same travelogue, right?) and used the report post function to request a title change
Yest, its the same travelogue. Didn't know title change was possible.

I also had lots of difficulty removing the tags after posting, that's why its in 4 parts, the (15 mts ?) time limit to edit tags was pressing and I had to do this in 4 parts. Guess the best way is to write it in word pad and cut paste?

Tried the AA icon to remove text formating etc., didn't work !!!!

--Ramky

------------
Old 12th December 2007, 10:17   #27
BHPian

A very informative travelogue and nice pics Ramky. Makes it a "must to refer" when planning for a South India Temple Trip...
Old 12th December 2007, 10:47   #28
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramkya1 View Post
Yest, its the same travelogue. Didn't know title change was possible.

I also had lots of difficulty removing the tags after posting, that's why its in 4 parts, the (15 mts ?) time limit to edit tags was pressing and I had to do this in 4 parts. Guess the best way is to write it in word pad and cut paste?

Tried the AA icon to remove text formating etc., didn't work !!!!

--Ramky

------------
The best way to remove tags is first to paste in notepad(not wordpad). Notepad removes all formatting. Then copy from notepad and paste here. Simple!
Old 12th December 2007, 21:59   #29
BHPian

Ramky - it was great talking to you, taking your suggestion me and my wife have planned to stay in rameswaran for one night. I have convienced her for kanyakumari let see, some part of your travelogue said about nagarcoil which i think is in kanyakumari. let me go through your log completly as it is huge. one thing is strongly coming out "bargain hard with those touts" if they are not interested in the rates that you say better be alone (if they allow you to do so).
Old 13th December 2007, 09:46   #30
Senior - BHPian

Bargaining With Touts

Quote:
Originally Posted by madaboutCARS View Post
Ramky - it was great talking to you, taking your suggestion me and my wife have planned to stay in rameswaran for one night. I have convienced her for kanyakumari let see, some part of your travelogue said about nagarcoil which i think is in kanyakumari. let me go through your log completly as it is huge. one thing is strongly coming out "bargain hard with those touts" if they are not interested in the rates that you say better be alone (if they allow you to do so).
Hai,

It was great talking to you too.

I'd again stress, bargain hard but at Rameswaram you'd need help with the following:

1. The temple is huge, you'd have to find the perfect exit which leads you too the sea for the first part of the bath.

2. Keep dry cloth, wallets, mobile etc. in one place inside the temple before the bath and later change wet cloths to dry one inside the temple and collect your valuable, there are corners in the temple used for this, you'd never find it alone.

3. If you take bath on the 22 wels (teerthaws) someone has to stand on the edge, draw water on bucket and pour it on you. There's an unoffical entry fee of Rs.50/- to enter this (some cartel is managing it) you'd have to pay it. They may up the ante to 100/- per person, if you go alone.

3. You'd have to go to the Hanuman temple first, Ramlinga the main deity and then there is the Ambal (?) temple also. Someone has to diret you.

4. There is a queue, free one is very long. Official ticket is Rs.50/-, this is recommended, you'd go straight in front of the main diety, a tip of Rs.20/- to the priest will get you unbelievable service.

5. There's also a place where they do the pooja for the anscestors, official ticket Rs.100/- pretty organized with flowers, garlends, coconut etc., they'd ask for anything between 100 -1000/- do the Rs.100/- pooja only.

Bargain from Rs.100/- for the whole thing with the gude, spell out the package clearly tell him he shold be with you throught, whole thing should take from 2-3 hours, you can settle somewhere between 100-200/-.

Strongly recommend Cape, seeing 3 oceans meet is a great high.

Happy Driving,

--Ramky
------

Last edited by ramkya1 : 13th December 2007 at 09:53.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks