Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st December 2007, 20:47   #1
BHPian

Bangalore-Karaikal-Velankani-Bangalore

Hi,

14-12-07: Planned the trip with my friends to thirunallar in karaikal, decided to leave Bangalore by 11pm but unfortunately couldn’t go since I had to be in office for a training till 4am on a Sat ( hate those training I was almost not listening )

15-12-2007: Came out of office by 4am and then went to my friends place in yeshwantpur, picked my 3 friends by 5 and went to my colleague place by 5.30 and picked him and reached my place by 6.15am. I got ready by 6.45 and left for the ride in my new Swift VXi petrol. Reached the Hosur road, had little traffic bottle neck at chandapur for 30 minutes. Crossed the border to Tamilnadu reached Hosur by 9am filled petrol there full tank since its 3 rs lesser. The NH 7 the smoothest road in the entire trip reached Krishnagiri toll plaza 99 km by 10.30 am. Stopped for break fast at the local shop for some traditional dosa and idly the 4 laning is in progress till Salem, bad surface and craters for another 70 KMs, took 1 hr to cover, 4 track on the ghat section, great surface for 7 kms, again the trauma starts for another 24 kms, and completed 4 track begins with excellent roads for another 20 kms, you can rip above 100 here and make some lost time .Went straight till salem were we took a wrong right turn which goes to Coimbatore , we went 30 kms ahead and then asked the Highway petrol for directions . Told we can take a short cut to reach Namakal, it was basically a village road but good. By 1 i was in about to sleep, so gave the ride to my friend who was a new driver on highway (may be 3 long trips to Mysore). Reached Musiri – again single lane from Salem till musiri road work all the way, surface uneven and lot of poth holes every where. From Musiri surface improves till trichy. My friend was about too get us killed , he was looking at 1.5 km of banana plantation and a TN bus was over taking two bus and no space for the opposite traffic . Reached trichy by 4 pm. Got up and took a bath in the flowing river and then had our lunch that too idly, dosa and vadei.

Trichy to Tanjore 65kms took 90 min, 4 laning work going on. Surface great after BHEL to Tanjore all the way; but traffic heavy with trucks and local buses. Reached kumbakonam by 7.15pm , my friends decided that we can go to see atleast 1 temple but I said no , since me and Deepak my colleague have not slept for 2 days ( total of 5 hours in 2 days ) . Took a good 3 bed room lodge and went outside, had our dinner (only idly and dosa (bad luck no rice). Finished the dinner by 10pm and then for some reason no one was sleepy so went for a Tamil movie Billa and came to the room by 1 am

16-12-2007: Was speaking with Deepak till 4am and slept and got up by 6.30am. Got ready by 9 and visited all the 7 temples in an around kumbakonam and went to Karaikal

Karaikal: Reached there by 6.45pm and filled in petrol for 41rs (full tank) and straight to the beach. Hang out for some time and went shopping and brought cloths worth 7000rs. Got a room in Karaikal with 3 bed room with TV and AC. Went straight to the bar had drinks till 11pm and went straight to the room , watched some TV and slept.

17-12-2007: Got up by 7am and went straight to thirunallar and came out by 12pm and was planning to go to Velankani church but there was a cyclone warning but ignored and went straight to velankani church. The road was a bit bad since the tsunami happened and still developing it. Reached there went to the church and the beach. Good DVD rip off there bought some 25 DVD, pebbles and coral stuff. Left there by 4 and reached Tanjore high way by 4.30 and reached tanjore by 7pm. went to the last 9th temple in the navagraha. Reached Trichy by 10pm had our dinner and left for Bangalore. It was raining for some time and stopped in between for smoke and tea

18-12-2007: Trichy –Namakal-Musiri-Salem- Krishnagiri-Hosur-bangalore by 5is in the morning and dropped my friends and reached home by 9am.
The First Trip in My New Red Swift.
Millage - 16.8 km/per litre with 5 people, 2 sub woofer , the tyre body contact
Stock - More than 21 km/per litre

The Next one to Goa in few Days
Old 10th January 2008, 15:10   #2
Senior - BHPian

Good one. Why no photographs? Travelogue is only complete with photographs.

You guys managed without not much sleep for the first 2 days. Its bit risky and proper rest is required before we get into highways for driving.

wahts the top speed u achieved?

Last edited by Surprise : 10th January 2008 at 15:19.
Old 10th January 2008, 15:44   #3
Senior - BHPian

Rest And Do It In Chunks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
Good one. Why no photographs? Travelogue is only complete with photographs.

You guys managed without not much sleep for the first 2 days. Its bit risky and proper rest is required before we get into highways for driving.

wahts the top speed u achieved?
Agree with you on all counts.

Even with good rest, on long rides, you get weary and tend to wink-off. Can't stress enough about safety first......

Happy Driving,

---Ramky
===============
Old 10th January 2008, 16:35   #4
Senior - BHPian

Good Report

Hai Viper,

oops....... forgot the main point of my post, yours is a good report with lots of details. Pictures please....... if you have.

==Ramky
Old 10th January 2008, 16:41   #5
BHPian

Nice one viper.
You beat me at posting the report.
I made the trip to Velankani a while back and am just giving final touches to my report.

Cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks