Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd December 2009, 15:29   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclops View Post
Many thanks for a quick revert!

I was just wondering, do we need to reach Surat and then turn towards NH6? or is there some point in between where the we can turn towards NH6.

I guess I'll suggest him the Mehkar-Karanja route as I am familiar with it.
No, the best way to get to Dhulia is via Surat.
Old 22nd December 2009, 17:17   #17
BHPian

Thanks for confirming.! hv""GPS"kumar..!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
Old 7th November 2011, 15:52   #18
BHPian

Shirdi to Ahmedabad

Hi TBHPians,

Please help me with the above route. Which would be the best route considering the fact that I am travelling with my family. Would it be possible to cover this in a day..?

Thanks
Old 7th November 2011, 16:46   #19
Senior - BHPian

Re: Shirdi to Ahmedabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudheermenon View Post
Hi TBHPians,

Please help me with the above route. Which would be the best route considering the fact that I am travelling with my family. Would it be possible to cover this in a day..?

Thanks
Shirdi-Kopargaon-Manmad-Pimpalgaon-Join NH3 at Malegaon-Join NH6 @ Dhule-Bardoli-Join NH8 @Surat-Baroda-Ahmedabad.

http://maps.google.co.in/maps?saddr=Shirdi,+Maharashtra&daddr=Manmad,+Mahar ashtra+to:Malegaon+Bypass+tohule,+Maharashtra+to :Bardoli,+Gujarat+to:Surat,+Gujarat+to:Ahmedabad,+ Gujarat&hl=en&ll=20.883834,74.719391&spn=0.352202, 0.615921&sll=20.459826,74.413147&sspn=0.353187,0.6 15921&geocode=FeTdLQEdy0RwBCmvaBdGp1vcOzGcyUMpLC2A DQ%3BFS39NAEdFM1vBCk5xDHdpSXcOzFyVZiBaSY2fQ%3BFcNb OQEdWIpxBA%3BFT_wPgEdsul0BClHu3HF8sXeOzEcy9e5Ea4nW A%3BFWA4QgEd3IhbBCkZIwZiaWfgOzGzahceqF2mQg%3BFfhoQ wEd9CJXBCljFR1BWU7gOzFCsDgJKVhF_g%3BFVCOXwEd9ERTBC lJ1Fu6ioReOTEWZU9hEd3OTw&vpsrc=6&mra=dme&mrsp=2&sz =11&t=m&z=11
Budget for a 11-12 hour drive with breaks.Unfortunately I dont have updates on present road conditions.

Mods,suggest merge this thread to an existing AMD-Shirdi thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ahmedabad.html

Last edited by ranjitp1 : 7th November 2011 at 16:47.
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2011, 16:12   #20
BHPian

Re: Short Trip-Ahmedabad-Shirdi-Ahmedabad

Hi I would be doing a marathon drive across India next week and part of the drive is from Ahmedabad to Shirdi - could you guide me as to the present road conditions and the route and the point where I need to turn off NH 8 towards Shirdi with road condition
Old 9th December 2011, 18:06   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVEPASSION View Post
Hi I would be doing a marathon drive across India next week and part of the drive is from Ahmedabad to Shirdi - could you guide me as to the present road conditions and the route and the point where I need to turn off NH 8 towards Shirdi with road condition
I advised another TBHPer AGAINST taking the Surat-Saputara-Shirdi-Pune route. He wanted to go to Pune and was wondering if he can do it through Shirdi, would take longer time.

Up to Saputara is Ok except for small sections of hill roads, from there down section is not in good condition, but if you are bent on Shirdi through A'bad thats the shortest but takes longer time.

--Ramky
======
ramkya1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2011, 09:12   #22
BHPian

Thanks for the input - I do not mind taking a longer route - in case not Saputara then what is a better option for doing Shirdi from Ahmedabad
Old 10th December 2011, 12:26   #23
BHPian

Ramky

I got a suggestion from someone that a better although slightly longer route would be via Surat - Dhulia and then shirdi - need your expertise on this

Drivepassion
Old 10th December 2011, 13:39   #24
BHPian

Surat -Dhule four laning is in progress on Nh-06 (within Gujarat side) and so there will lots of diversions till Nawapur. road conidition is okie. recarperting has been done after rains at most places. Distance:220kms travel time 4hr and 30 min. Also around 5 rly crossings till just after nawapur could create jam if got stuck at worng time.

Surat-Saputara-shiridi: Road condition is okie. Expect some bad sections but nothing serious types. Surat -Saputara: 175kms (3hr 30 min) Saputara-nasik: 90kms (1hr 30min) Nasik-Shridi:90kms (1hr 30 min) Total around 355kms:Travel time: around 6 hr 30 min to 7 hrs.
Old 10th December 2011, 17:38   #25
Senior - BHPian

There is another route from Surat-Valsad-Dharampur-Chiol-Nashik-Shirdi.
The roads upto Chiol is good but from there to almost 20kms nearby to Nashik is very bad
and it passes through a ghat section.It almost took 3.30hrs to cross this section.
Night travel is not adviced.
From Nashik the traffic to Shirdi was very high.

Last edited by gajadonga : 10th December 2011 at 17:40.
Old 10th December 2011, 23:13   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ramky

I got a suggestion from someone that a better although slightly longer route would be via Surat - Dhulia and then shirdi - need your expertise on this

Drivepassion
I've done Pune, Shirdi, Saputara,Ahmedabad, 700 KMs, 0500 AM to 0800 PM 5 years back, road was in top condition. As Dave said, Dhule road is also possible, I have done that too long back, if I remember right, there's a 7 KM stretch with very very narrow climb and ghat sections, roads were pretty bad even for a Scorpio. I think Dave's update is as latest as it can get.

Surat, Dharampur, Chol section is best avoided, very narrow road, some bikers have tried it last year.

The best option looks like Surat, Saputara, Nasik, Shirdi. Get your room bookings in Shirdi early on if you're reaching on weekends, the crowds there have reached crazy limits. Frankly I have decided NOT TO go anymore to Shirdi if I can help it. Last two times my wife went with my parents and some old people, they had hell out there to get a Darshan. IMO, you can pray pretty much anywhere you want.

--Ramky
======
Old 22nd December 2011, 11:52   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave7377 View Post
Surat -Dhule four laning is in progress on Nh-06 (within Gujarat side) and so there will lots of diversions till Nawapur. road conidition is okie. recarperting has been done after rains at most places. Distance:220kms travel time 4hr and 30 min. Also around 5 rly crossings till just after nawapur could create jam if got stuck at worng time.

Surat-Saputara-shiridi: Road condition is okie. Expect some bad sections but nothing serious types. Surat -Saputara: 175kms (3hr 30 min) Saputara-nasik: 90kms (1hr 30min) Nasik-Shridi:90kms (1hr 30 min) Total around 355kms:Travel time: around 6 hr 30 min to 7 hrs.
Hi

How is the Surat - Dhule - Shirdi road condition and travel time as compared to the saputara route

Cheers

Old 22nd December 2011, 15:11   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Hi HVK

Thanks to you I have more or less finalized my entire drive route - just one more request:

Could you also give me a running log for Surat to Shirdi via Dhule as it would come real handy considering I am contemplating doing the Surat - Shirdi stretch in the night and reaching Shirdi early morning

Old 22nd December 2011, 15:33   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi HVK

Thanks to you I have more or less finalized my entire drive route - just one more request:

Could you also give me a running log for Surat to Shirdi via Dhule as it would come real handy considering I am contemplating doing the Surat - Shirdi stretch in the night and reaching Shirdi early morning

Check out the following link which has a detailed route plan for you:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...Gs1ejhIRlB1blE

No confusion. NH6 from the Surat Bypass.
Just before Dhulia town, watch for a right turn to bypass the town, marked for Malegaon/Nashik.
NH3 towards Nashik is lovely 4-laner.
At end of Malegaon bypass, watch out for signages to the left for Shirdi via Manmad.
Intersect the Nashik-Aurangabad highway at Yeola, but keep straight for Shirdi.
Old 22nd December 2011, 16:24   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Check out the following link which has a detailed route plan for you:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...Gs1ejhIRlB1blE

No confusion. NH6 from the Surat Bypass.
Just before Dhulia town, watch for a right turn to bypass the town, marked for Malegaon/Nashik.
NH3 towards Nashik is lovely 4-laner.
At end of Malegaon bypass, watch out for signages to the left for Shirdi via Manmad.
Intersect the Nashik-Aurangabad highway at Yeola, but keep straight for Shirdi.
I got your instructions - they are clear - however unfortunately unable to open the link - server prompt says 'problem opening the page'

That is anyways the route I would take and would be an approx. 4000 kms both ways - will give you an update on present road conditions too - maybe I can add my two cents to enhance the HVK genius!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks