Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th September 2011, 11:58   #16
BHPian

Re: bangalore-karwar-gokarna trip

Planning on doing Bangalore-Goa-Murdeshwar-Mangalore-Bangalore. which are the best shortest routes and how is the road conditions at present.

IS it better to stick to the standard route from Blore -Tumkur-Hubli-Goa ??
Old 29th September 2011, 09:25   #17
Senior - BHPian

Due to some issues the trip got cancelled :(

And you can see the Gokarna to Yana (and to Sirsi) route here.

I posted this elsewhere also, however considering that so many people ask question on Gokarana to Yana route and there were no definitive answers, I thought it might help to repost this message in this thread also.

Last edited by Rehaan : 1st October 2011 at 12:14. Reason: Link to blocked site removed. Sending you a PM with a detailed explanation.
Old 1st October 2011, 14:58   #18
Senior - BHPian

The image shows right route, I heard it is in bad condition but SUV no issues.

Ravi.
Old 30th November 2011, 09:15   #19
Senior - BHPian

Hi All,

Sorry to be bumping an old thread, I couldnt locate anything else where i could post my query.

I will be driving to Karwar on the 28th of December. Can people familiar with this area please advice the right route to go there ?

Would this be
Bangalore - Tumkur - Davangere - Hubli - Karwar ?

I have booked a resort (Sterling Holidays - Karwar) for the 28th and 29th. Are there places closer to Karwar that we can explore ? One plan was to also visit Jog falls.

I also need to plan for a one night Acco at some place depending on other interesting areas to visit around Karwar. At this juncture, i must thank Aryasanyal and SVB for their travelogues, quite helpful indeed.

Look forward to suggestions.
Old 5th March 2012, 09:00   #20
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
Would this be
Bangalore - Tumkur - Davangere - Hubli - Karwar ?

I have booked a resort (Sterling Holidays - Karwar) for the 28th and 29th. Are there places closer to Karwar that we can explore ? One plan was to also visit Jog falls.
@jkrishnakj - If you traveled to Karwar from Bangalore, please do share the route and road conditions.
I may also be going to Sterling so please share information about any other places you visited nearby.
Old 6th March 2012, 07:05   #21
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bangalore-Karwar-Gokarna trip

Hi NPV,
I made this trip during December 2011. The route i took was
Bangalore JP Nagar - NICE Road - Tumkur road Exit - Chitradurga - Davangere - Hubli - Karwar.

Roads are excellent throughout. Very clearly marked as well. Very difficult to lose the way.

Specific to Sterling, its an OK resort. Very much on the highway itself. Will come to your left once you cross the Kali river bridge, towards the route to Goa. Its not so much a resort, but more of a hotel. Food is just about ok. Service is relaxed.

I didnt spend much time at the Karwar beaches. Just a an hour or so at the Rabindranath beach and half hour with the ship museum. I went further up towards Goa and found some really good places to have fun with the family. Infact, just after the resort (~ 4-5 KM's ), on the highway, towards Goa, we found a Left turn towards a small village. We hit a village and found a beach there. That was bliss. not a soul on the beach, clean and nice waters.

On my return, i went to Gokarna. It was very crowded that day, both at the beach and the temple.

Overall, i had a good trip. Didnt tax myself much in trying to visit too many places. It was quite warm in december itself and we took it easy.
jkrishnakj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2012, 23:15   #22
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Folks - Any idea how the road conditions to Karwar on the Shimoga-Sagar route is ?
From the maps, this seems to be about 80-90Km less than the Davanagere-Hubli route. I was considering taking this on my way back from Karwar.
Old 17th July 2015, 11:11   #23
BHPian

How is the Shimoga route now? Is there any road work going on?. I am planning to travel this weekend.
Old 17th July 2015, 22:25   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdiw View Post
How is the Shimoga route now? Is there any road work going on?. I am planning to travel this weekend.
You might find some road works from Birur to Tarikere and at Kumsi on the way to sagar from Shimoga.
meetbadri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2015, 15:29   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by meetbadri View Post
You might find some road works from Birur to Tarikere and at Kumsi on the way to sagar from Shimoga.
Hi Badri,

Would you suggest the Haveri route or the Shimogga route to Gokarna?
I am planning to travel tonight.

Looking forward to your update.

Thanks.
Old 24th July 2015, 20:42   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoomsun View Post
Hi Badri,

Looking forward to your update.

Thanks.

My suggestion would be in this order
Bangalore --> Kunigal --> Yadiyur --> Channarayapatna --> Arsikere --> Kadur --> Shimoga --> Sagar --> Honnavar --> Kumta --> Gokarna

2nd option which you can use is via Haveri and Sirsi. From Sirsi take the Kumta Road and just after Kathgal you can take a deviation towards Gokarna which directly leads to Mirjan.

The first route will be a bit more to drive but road condition is very good except near Tarikere, Anandpur Town and Gersoppa which can be managed easily.
Old 24th July 2015, 20:58   #27
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoomsun View Post

For a night drive I would suggest:

Bangalore-Hubli-Ankola-Gokarna. Much better and you get 4-lane for a good part.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2015, 10:39   #28
BHPian

Thanks Ampere, Meetbadri,
I took Hubli Ankola Route it was a cakewalk. While coming I took Jog, Shimoga,Ariskere,Tumkur Route. This route has lot of villages and small towns and so you have compromise on speed and need more patience.

I am not sure how is Shimoga - Chitradurga Road, so that people visiting Jog can take this deviation and hit highway quickly as compared to Shimoga- Arsikere Road. From Google map, I was getting both equidistant to bangalore from Shimoga.
Old 27th July 2015, 08:17   #29
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdiw View Post
people visiting Jog can take this deviation and hit highway quickly as compared to Shimoga- Arsikere Road. From Google map, I was getting both equidistant to bangalore from Shimoga.
The Arsikere-CR Patna is a beautiful road. Here is a snap I had shared in the images thread some time back. Cross posting it here:

ampere is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks