Team-BHP - New Year - Delhi - Udaipur - Mount Abu - Delhi
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Travelogues (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/)
-   -   New Year - Delhi - Udaipur - Mount Abu - Delhi (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/33919-new-year-delhi-udaipur-mount-abu-delhi.html)

As the year 2007 started to to descend, Our (Me, My wife and my cute little son) journey from delhi started on my New Tata Safari 2.2. This was the first trip ever on my new beast.

Since it was a long long trip first time in the safari, so I arranged for the driver well in advance. But oops he didn't turned up leaving us two option. Either to cancel the trip or I drive all the way. We didn't wanted to cancel the trip So we were left with the second option.

We started at 6.00 AM, it was chilly winter outside the cabin. We realised this only when we get out of the car to have some tea at aroud Neemrana. Wow the overnight dew on a motorbike standing there was frozen into Ice. Soon after we reached jaipur bypass, I started to enjoy the drive. The roads were clear, less traffic and wider roads. We followed

Delhi - Guragaon - Neemrana - Jaipur bypass - Kishangarh - Chittorgarh - Udaipur (Total 640 KM)

The roads were great (four laned) all along except near Chitorgarh (Four laning were going on. I drove to max speed of 165 for a while, however we were constantly touching 140-150 mark.

We reached udaipur at 5 PM. the hotel were already booked so no probs.

Note: Most of the hotels near lake pichola have a very narrow aproach road. I would suggest not to book a hotel over there if going by own car.

Did nothing that evening except for a good dinner and some booze. Next morning we had all the sight seeing. Hotel staff arranged us a guide so we had a nice experience there. Something I would recommend apart from lakes and palaces is Vintage car collection at Garden hotel.

Next morning we started towards mount abu. The route was

Udaipur - Pindwara - Sirohi Road (Don't confuse with sirohi) - Bhavri - Mount Abu (Total 190 KM)

It took 4 hours to reach there, Plenty of four laning was going on so road condition was understandibaly bad. But thanks to safari we didn't had any problems cruising over the bad roads.

After checking into the hotel we went for visit the beauty over there. Gurushikhar, Nakki Lake, Sunset point were some of the prominent places to visit. We had a chance to see the last sunset of 2007 at Mont abu's sunset point. It was a memrable experience. But something which I would always remember about mount abu was Dilwara Temple. Truly a masterpeice. A 4320 kg Mahavir idol made of gold, The architecture and everything about dilwara temple was truly amazing.

Late in the evening we enjoyed some good food and went for the sleep. It was important as I was the only driver and I had to reach delhi without any overnight stop.

So the journey started at 5.30 AM, We already paid the bill and everything in the night to avoid any delay in the morning. The route we followed

Mount Abu - Sirohi Road - Sirohi - Pali - Ajmer - Jaipur - Delhi (Total 850 KM approx). Reached jaipur by 5PM and at 10.30 we were at home.

Went to bed and don't know when the next morning came. It was afternoon when I woke up..:)

Abbey please post some pics,i went to jaisalmer before christmas i followed the same route till kishangarh.

Here's the link of the album which I created in Picasa

Picasa Web Albums - Gyanandra - Trip to Udaip...

Has anyone done Delhi - Mt Abu recently? I am planning to go to Mt Abu next week with friends. Is it a good idea to do this trip in monsoon? How are the road conditions? ANYONE.

Roads are good. I did a trip to gujarat last year and roads from udaipur to mount abu is all the way 4 lane. less traffic

Hi, I'm planning to do Delhi-Mount Abu during Aug'17. Any updates and suggestions would be really helpful. I know this is an old thread but not sure if it's ok to start a new thread for this conversation.

I'm planning to do Delhi-Jaipur-Deogarh on 1st day and then proceed to Mount Abu on day 2. Would similarly break journey mid-way somewhere on our way back.

Quote:

I'm planning to do Delhi-Jaipur-Deogarh on 1st day and then proceed to Mount Abu on day 2.
You can do nonstop to Abu Road/ Mount Abu easily, route that you should take is

Delhi - Jaipur(Bypass)- Kishangarh - Ajmer - Beawar - Sirohi-AbuRoad. It's virtually straight road, just take the exit after Beawar towards Sirohi, straight goes to Udaipur and will be longer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turbanator (Post 4239697)
Delhi - Jaipur(Bypass)- Kishangarh - Ajmer - Beawar - Sirohi-AbuRoad. It's virtually straight road, just take the exit after Beawar towards Sirohi, straight goes to Udaipur and will be longer.

Isn't it better to take the Chittorgarh route? I think its around 30-40 kms longer but the low traffic density on this route along with amazing roads may lead to similar driving time.

Quote:

Isn't it better to take the Chittorgarh route?
It will be much longer unless something to do at Chittorgarh or Udaipur. Truck traffic is equally split on all 3-4 routes from Kishangarh. Rather I will say it's much less on Sirohi road. Just in case someone wants to go to Chittor and wants to skip Udaipur there is a new highway that connects Chittorgarh to Nathdwara and thereafter to Udaipur bypass.

https://www.google.co.in/maps/dir/Ki...24.4640731!3e0

vs

https://www.google.co.in/maps/dir/Ab...7!2d26.5870344