Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd January 2009, 14:24   #31
Senior - BHPian

The Safari is open all days.

By public transport, you need to take a bus from Hosur and get down in Silkboard. From there you would get buses to Bannerghatta park. I'm not sure of the exact bus numbers. However there are not a lot of buses which go to bannerghatta zoo so it might be better to take a car.

Best route is to drive upto Silkboard, take left towards Jayadeva flyover and go on the side of the flyover and take left. From there its a straight road to bannerghatta road. Probably around 15 kms from the flyover.

I wouldn't suggest the NICE corridor as the road connecting to Bannerghatta road is in bad condition unless they have laid it recently.

Suggest you make an early start from Hosur to beat traffic and reach the park. Also its better to take an early Safari ride as most people choose the safari rides in the afternoons and it can get crowded. You can buy an all inclusive ticket which is the entry for the zoo and the safari.
Old 23rd January 2009, 14:47   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csentil View Post

Best route is to drive upto Silkboard, take left towards Jayadeva flyover and go on the side of the flyover and take left. From there its a straight road to bannerghatta road. Probably around 15 kms from the flyover.
@csentil: Thanks for your response that cleared most of my queries. I was searching the route through google map and i found way throught Anekal, i'm not sure if actually this route exist or not!

Reclaiming Bannerghatta Zoo-national-park.jpg

Any idea about this route? If this route doesnt work-out, I'll take the route that you had suggested.

Thanks
Loys
Old 23rd January 2009, 15:50   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csentil View Post
The Safari is open all days.
Tuesday has been a holiday for a long time unless they have changed it....
I know cause I've been there on a tuesday.

The lion/tiger eating a little girl in 1992 is no myth, I remember she was traveling in a private vehicle & not the Safari van, the family was from our area. However I don't have any more details.
Entry for private vehicles was banned post this incident, I had been into the Bannerghatta Safari in a private Maruti-800 about 1-2 years before this incident.

So beware

cheers,
R
Old 23rd January 2009, 16:07   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4loys View Post
@csentil: Thanks for your response that cleared most of my queries. I was searching the route through google map and i found way throught Anekal, i'm not sure if actually this route exist or not!

Attachment 92624

Any idea about this route? If this route doesnt work-out, I'll take the route that you had suggested.

Thanks
Loys
No idea, but worth trying given the fact it reduces the distance by half. So even if you have to drive slowly, you might reach early, you will also avoid under constrction streches of NH between Hosur and Bangalore, as well as mad Bangalore traffic.
Old 23rd January 2009, 16:54   #35
Senior - BHPian

No need to come till Silk board, From Attibele take left turn for Anekal and then onto banerghatta road. This is the shortest route from Hosur.

Road was bad couple of years back but heard that its better now. Still coming till Silk board is another pain these days.

Abhi
Old 23rd January 2009, 16:55   #36
BHPian

@mail4loys
the anekal route is functional, but not in the best of conditions, you need to take a left just before the biocon office which falls on the left while coming from hosur. i had been through that route a few months earlier, there are a lot of factories in that area, so roads would not be a problem anytime, only concern is the quality of road. keep asking the people on the side of the road and you should arrive pretty fine.
Old 23rd January 2009, 20:11   #37
Senior - BHPian

Yes the Anekal route is there but I had been advised against it as the road conditions were not supposed to be great. The road from Hosur is the one that goes to Thali if I'm right. If you are confident and think you can drive on that route you could probably take it to Anekal. Should be fun. You don't even have to go to Attibele if you take this road.

I meant that the Safari is available on all days that the park is open. Sorry if I misled you.
Old 23rd January 2009, 21:38   #38
Senior - BHPian

Dude just take the NICE road to Bannerghatta road from Hosur road. Its a huge flyover arm going up and towards left from Hosur road.
When the NICE road ends, either just follow the traffic to bannerghatta road, or ask someone. Take left onto Bannerghatta road and you will reach the police station junction at the end of the road. Take slight right there and follow the board.
Old 26th March 2009, 16:37   #39
BHPian

Folks planning to go Bannerghatta Zoo tomorrow as my kid is after me to see Zebra Tiger etc.
I understand the Zoo is closed on Tuesday. Being Ugaddi tomorrow is it opened or closed. I tried calling numbers mentioned on their website but they do not even ring Any other alternative number apart from 08027828300/400/540
Old 26th March 2009, 16:44   #40
Senior - BHPian

Its a major festival, should be closed IMO.
Old 8th April 2009, 20:27   #41
Senior - BHPian

Guys, any idea at what time the national park opens for public in the morning. Thinking of visiting the place this weekend, and want to visit real early to beat the crowd.

EDIT: Found that it opens by 9 but reaching by 9:30 - 10 should be fine.

Last edited by Jaguar : 8th April 2009 at 20:36.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks