Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th January 2008, 21:15   #16
Senior - BHPian

@snaronikar : Yea brother, mine is an alto vxi 1.1, 62 bhp and with viper's FFE it just cruises and to beat the fact there are no jerks and any discomfort like shaking or so ...u need to ride it to believe it
and thanks for the wishes.

@ Nitin: Thanks nitin and yea it was full of fun and a great getaway from the daily routine of an ASIC engineer
Old 16th January 2008, 21:40   #17
Senior - BHPian

On a lighter tone, its a good thing you went on the trip before you got married.
Now,you will be taken on a trip for the rest of your life..
Just kiddin..no offense meant. Don't most of us know what marriage does to a healthy soul..
Old 16th January 2008, 21:45   #18
Senior - BHPian

@Nitin : You may be true but my better half is as freakish as me and while i do the driving honors she does the photography honors and most of the pics have been taken by her during our return trip. But yea! I do agree that any soul once married is taken on a trip for the rest of their life.

Hmm this means that you have already experienced such bliss or rather experiencing one i bet
Old 16th January 2008, 21:57   #19
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on starting 2 new chapters in your life!!

I plan on doing this drive sometime in the near future so it would be helpful. Cheers and take care of the ladies
Old 16th January 2008, 22:03   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah View Post
Congratulations on starting 2 new chapters in your life!!

I plan on doing this drive sometime in the near future so it would be helpful. Cheers and take care of the ladies
thanks and i would give a full thumbs up for the trip as its an awesome stretch and i will say one has to drive on it to feel it especially from Belgaum onwards into Mumbai
Old 16th January 2008, 22:12   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VJ_MAVRICK View Post
@Nitin : You may be true but my better half is as freakish as me and while i do the driving honors she does the photography honors and most of the pics have been taken by her during our return trip. But yea! I do agree that any soul once married is taken on a trip for the rest of their life.

Hmm this means that you have already experienced such bliss or rather experiencing one i bet
2&1/2 years ago..I took the plunge! As is the case,its been a rollercoaster ride!
Cheers to married life...cheers: .
Old 16th January 2008, 22:38   #22
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Buddy

Congrats MAVRICK ! Wish you a Happy Married Life !cheers:

My bro-in-law has taken the same route up and down beginning of 2007 and inspired me to try the same sometime with the family. We are waiting to get some holidays together for a long drive from Bangalore to Goa or mostly to Lonavala which is famous for its climate and scenery.
Old 17th January 2008, 08:25   #23
Senior - BHPian

@shajufx:NH4 is simply superb with nice landscapes all across and special kudos to the highway authorities on this stretch who maintain the road pretty well.

Goa road trip too is on the cards
Old 17th January 2008, 08:47   #24
Senior - BHPian

Congrats to get married...

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
Are you sure that you did 145kmph . Last time I went to Goa in my friends Alto (LXi) and I floored the accelerator. It touched only 120 kmph. Nothing beyond that.
My Alto easily touched 145+kmph during the teambhp drive(me and jaguar in it) to Yelagiri in the Hosur - Krishnagiri - Vaniyambadi stretch regularly. Hence I am not surprised that he touched that speed in his VXi.

Never tried in full load though. it was 125kmph with 4 adult + 1kid and load. I thought it can do more also but it is risky.

Abhi
Old 17th January 2008, 09:15   #25
BHPian

Nice photography and good detailing. Thanks for sharing. Drive Safe.
Old 17th January 2008, 09:27   #26
Senior - BHPian

@akroy: Thanks Abhi and all i wanted to see is how the car responds to the new mods and the expressway was too hard to resist but again my better conscience prevailed and i dropped as in a small vehicle its totally against the vehicle dynamics and did not push it again.

@TrueDreamer: Thanks Dude, and its always a pleasure to share our experiences here on this forum and surely i will drive safe and so do you too.
Old 17th January 2008, 11:38   #27
BHPian

Congratulations on your marriage. And well done with the travelogue as well.

I am contemplating BLR-Pune round trip in the upcoming months and was planning to do at least one way without an overnight stop. Your travelogue has convinced me that it is quite possible.
Old 17th January 2008, 13:03   #28
Senior - BHPian

@ sreenidhibr: Thanks sreenidhibr and yea you can do it in 15 hours and the trick is to start from BLR around 3AM
Old 17th January 2008, 16:03   #29
Senior - BHPian

Drive safe guys. No point in dashing so fast in a small car. It will have its own failure modes. Well, this is my feeling, and is left to you guys to decide.
Old 17th January 2008, 16:32   #30
Senior - BHPian

@snaronikar : yea sure dude and that is of primary importance than anything else and if one goes by the law of averages then a stretch of nearly 1000Km is done in 15 hrs with almost 70KMPH and this is because some stretches are bad (170-195Km) and also have to pass through traffic zones apart from some distance done around 100 - 110 KMPH.

But again Drive safely !

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks