Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2008, 17:24   #1
BHPian

Reclaiming coastal karnataka with a lot of thad bhud roads..

This was a non scheduled trip, actually i had been to bhadravathi for a naming cermony of my sister's child on 14/01/2008. it had been years since i visited my native, reached bhadravathi and finished the formalities to leave, but none of my family members were ready to come to bangalore. so i finally gave up, my sister said she would like to visit dharmasthala and kukke coz its been a long time since she has visited these places. i was thinking ok lets go but which vehicle to take, so went to back yard of the house and opened the garage, keeping my my fingers crossed that either skoda or scorpio should be there, but all went in drain the grand old omni was laughing at me asked my uncle he told both the vehicles are at theerthahalli it would be back only on 16/01/08.

I was in two minds now, checked the vehicle thoroughly opened the boot and two LPG cylinders, i was cursing myself saying (pradeep you are taken for a toss low torque bad roads and you are gone for sure) so finally left bhadravathi on 15/01/2008 at around 7.45am decided to visit sringeri first before that there was a small pooja offered to the car at the ganesha temple nearby to our house. the odo reading was 28641..

route taken Bhadravathi>>Nrpura>>koppa>>sringeri. roads till sringeri was pretty good but one has to watch out the occasional pothholes which invite you heartfully. well the car had a verylow end torque,so maintained a steady speed of 60 to 80km/h as there were two kids on board. reached sringeri at 10:15am.

As camera's are not allowed inside the temple so i had a nice time shooting only these.

Continued in another couple of hours....

Last edited by praJEEP : 18th January 2008 at 17:39. Reason: couple of typo
Old 18th January 2008, 17:38   #2
Senior - BHPian

those are some really mean looking fish!

come one mate... go on... :-)
Old 18th January 2008, 17:47   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
those are some really mean looking fish!
do they i mean fishes bite ?
Old 18th January 2008, 18:55   #4
BHPian

No they don't bite,these fishes are very well feed by devotees visiting the temple
Old 18th January 2008, 19:13   #5
Senior - BHPian

Cool Travelogue Pradeep and the pics are nice too.
Old 18th January 2008, 19:19   #6
BHPian

Had lunch at sringeri temple & we left sringeri at 3:00pm, skipped from my familie's sight for 10 minutes for a much
needed smoke break .

Had a coffee break at budhigere and reached rama temple which comes after ujire, till now playing a role of chauffer very neatly.

The great omni

We reached dharmasthala at 6:10pm. boarded saketha for a night halt.things were pretty smooth according to schedule till now.

Finished darshan at around 8:30pm. and had a nice smoke break at the parking lot. hit the bed at 9:30pm with some neck pain..

Found this 4x4 omni at the parking lot

A shot of saketha and the temple.

Woke up at 7:30am in the morning ( i know its late ) and it was time to say bye to dharmasthala and lead towards kukke. the bridge widening work is going on, till noe roads were not so bad but a kind of okiish.

There was a special guest on our omni dashboard, who accompanied us for the last 09 kms towards kukke. my first macro shot..

Last edited by praJEEP : 18th January 2008 at 19:21.
Old 18th January 2008, 19:58   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by simply_sunny001 View Post
do they i mean fishes bite ?
they will not bite, for sure. just that they look "mean".

nice travelogue mate... nice snaps... is this the end or is there another part to this?
Old 18th January 2008, 20:04   #8
BHPian

The last 05 kms strech of kukke is really horibble, i had two narrow escapes of the car's underbody getting scraped..

Reached kukke from narrow escapes, thanks to great roads..

The next part is the more intresting and horrifying one

Kukke to Sakleshpur existence of roads is 0000%...

car's underbody succesfully scraped 03 times a hatrick, i cursed my uncle for forcing me to do these roads, inspite of me telling him so much. the belur part is still pending will post as soon as possible.

Last edited by praJEEP : 18th January 2008 at 20:08. Reason: resized one pic
Old 18th January 2008, 20:14   #9
Senior - BHPian

Nice writeup and pictures. The reclaiming tag is primarily used by safari but was surprised to find an Omni.

Omni is one mean machine, rear wheel drive, good amount of torque. Lots of space inside and good ground clearance.

Have done Delhi-Manali-Rohtang umpteen times that too when the GT road was single lane.
Old 18th January 2008, 20:24   #10
BHPian

Thanks happy, vj maverick & dadu.

Last edited by praJEEP : 18th January 2008 at 20:26.
Old 18th January 2008, 20:32   #11
Senior - BHPian

your pictures of the bad stretch reminds me of the drive i once made when coming from Kannur to Bng - too the Irutti to Veerajpet ghat section - there was absolutely no road, just mountain rocks for 20km - first gear all the way and took 2 hrs. the worst drive of my life!!!
Old 18th January 2008, 20:50   #12
Senior - BHPian

Nice pics mate.. Am still waiting ,I don't see coastal Karunaadu as yet?
Old 18th January 2008, 21:14   #13
Senior - BHPian

Nice pics,praJEEP.
Those roads remind me of the stretch in the Bandipur forest..there's absolutely no road left.
What type of fish is that?
Old 18th January 2008, 22:23   #14
Senior - BHPian

Nice pics and narration. Had the same experience of bad roads while travelling from Shivanasamudram to Talkad. My car scraped 2 times even though I was doing 25 kmph. Waiting for your next update mate.
Old 19th January 2008, 11:42   #15
BHPian

sakleshpur>>belur>>chickmagalur>>tarikere>>bhadrav athi

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Nice pics mate.. Am still waiting ,I don't see coastal Karunaadu as yet?
which part of coastal karunaadu you are referring to riju ?

Ok when we were nearing 10kms to sakleshpur the first cylinder gave up which had lasted for 313kms.replaced a new cylinder and carried on the way to belur. on the way to belur near vagehalli front right tyre had a puncture. me with the help of my uncle replaced the tyre in no time, the neck of the tube was partly breaken coz due to some off roading. reached belur by 4:30pm, fuond agood pucture shop near the temple, and the guy told the tube has to be replaced,( i was thinking now where will i go searching for the tube in belur) the shop guy was a very kind person and he some how arranged a new one and i got it replaced. went back to the temple and parked the car, as all of my family members were already inside the temple watching the historical sculptures which were courtesy of amara shilpi jakkanachari.

Some Pics of Belur Temple

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks