Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2008, 00:58   #1
BHPian

A trip to Sanghi Temple @ Hyderabad

Hello,
This may be a place most of you at Hyd had already visited. But surprisingly i didn't find any here. So posting it here. This is my first highway encounter though very very short with my new Xeta. Being a saturday and holiday on account of Muharram we went out to Sanghi Temple.

Distance Traveled : ~65 Km (both ways) I know this may sound odd but being the first trip also a visit to temple, i am making a mention here.

Route Taken : Tarnaka - Habsiguda - Uppal - Nagole - LB Nagar - NH 9 - Vanasthalipuram - Hayatnagar - Neeladri Nagar - Sanghi Nagar - Sanghi Temple.

O.T: For the filmi freaks, this is the place where the temple scene in telugu film Bommarillu was shot at.

Map : Map from Yahoo India Maps

Car : Indica Xeta GLS

Date : 19th January 2007

Starting ODO : 155 (Actually we visited even Saraswati Temple at Arts College, Osmania University campus which adds up to 162)

FE: ~11 Kmpl on Shell Normal U/L 91OCT @ Rs 48.85 Per Litre.

Last Filled: 18-01-08. 6.14L worth Rs 300/-

We started at 4 PM and moved slowly through the never moving traffic near Habsiguda X Roads and slowly the traffic eases out and once we cross Sagar Ring Road (L.B.Nagar Ring Road) it its a breeze till Sanghi Temple.

As mentioned above, we moved on NH9 past TATA-FIAT Concorde showroom (Vijayalaxmi 70MM) and took a break. A batch of 9 including me (driving Xeta) and my cousin (in Zen VXi - old Zen its also a great piece) stopped once we are past Vanasthalipuram and had a mini break. We had some snacks (For Hyderabadis : Alu Samosa, Jilebi, Jantikalu, Coconut Burfy and few others...) and resumed our journey to Sanghi.

We maintained a average of 60 Kmph and reached about 75 Kmph on the higher end on one empty stretch. Took a right turn where the board shows "Way to Sanghi Nagar" on the right once we pass about 8~10 Kmph from LB Nagar Ring Road. Nice two lane black tar roads along the way with lane markings and radium stuff along the sides and at the centre (like for dividing the both sides - Not exactly a median. These are the ones we commonly see on nice highways. Great to see this piece of road on a approach road to Sanghi Nagar. After another 5 Kms took a left and went ahead for another 3 ~ 4 Kms and we reached Sanghi. The ghat type section starts. Hanuman Temple welcomes you on the right side. You need Rs 25 (Keep Change as the people at Entry. Else they say they will give at the time you get back. If you are lucky you may get back, else you may miss anything up to Rs 10) You are free to take your car to a high level of the Sanghi Hill where the temple is hosted on. Once you park your car (make sure you put on Handbrake and put your car in 1st gear after switching it off. The security will assist you in this if you travel alone.) Luckily there is no more extra parking charges or entry charges. I think the Rs 25 at the entry includes all this stuff. You have the footwear counter where you need to leave your footwear (just like you see in major temples like Tirumala.) On Return paid Rs 11 or 12 for 9 pairs. We took the token and went in.

For those not coming by car, you need to climb up a lot of steps (too many-about 500~1000). Last time i visited about 5 years back, this was only option.

Photography inside the temple premises is *STRICTLY* and *TOTALLY* but you will be amused to see usage of the number of cameras inside. Thanks to inspiration from the film makers of Tollywood. They shoot a lot of stuff here. BTW you see a lot of monkeys. Mind you i am not calling any aussie here You really see lot of monkeys eating bananas, coconut pieces and stuff. I was also one who took a video itself using my Sony TRV 238E Camcorder of the monkey mania. Nothing of devotees as i understand to preserve the purity as what thought and done. Also captured some ghat road and nature from the hill top after darshan. You have Venkateshwara Swamy (Main deity here along with Padmavati Devi, Navagrahas, many more about 5 more..don't remember the names of others as i was busy with my capturing the monkeys.)

Return Journey:

Spent about 1 hour here and returned back once its 6:30 PM. Collected the change (Rs 75/- was change for those parking people.) On the return, switched on the lights of Xeta and when i flashed high beam i felt i was on a runway of an airport and such great roads they are. As the road was dark i was on high beam on the entire 10 Kms stretch upto NH9 and it was as if i was on a highway all the way. Was cruising at 60~70 without touching either clutch (of course i was in 5th gear. Was looking for Max FE) or service / parking break in the entire 10~15 minutes part.

On the return too, the route was same till LB Nagar Ring Road. From here we went straight to my cousin's place near RTC X Rds via Dilshuknagar, Amberpet X Rds, 6 No. and *chota mota gallis* in Amberpet to reach X Rds. We skipped Koti on the way back thinking it would save us time in traffic jams of the city of pearls but we were proved wrong even after choosing this alternate route. We had our dinner there and left at 10:15 PM and the roads were very much empty. Lucky for the day being a sat and Muharram.

Came back via Tank Bund Rd, Minister Road, Paradise, Sec'bad to home.

Pics and Vids : Excuse me for now again. Due in next 1 week. Will post these along with those of the initial car pictures in the https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...-bhp-club.html (Another Xeta comes in to T-BHP Club :))

And finally my first travelogue took about 2:45 Hrs to complete. Of course was busy with other mailing stuff and TV as well here. Please don't mind and do let me know if i was too detailed than required.

Next Travelogue : A Visit to Nehru Zoological Park (on 20th January 2008)
Expected by 9 PM latest on 20th January 2008.
Old 20th January 2008, 10:41   #2
PVS
BHPian

That was a detailed write up! Thanks for sharing it with us, TrueDreamer.

Yes, the drive to Sanghi temple, especially after taking a right off the NH9 is great. But once you reach Sanghi Nagar, you need to be a bit vigilant I suppose, for there is no clear board showing the directions to the temple. You need to take a left, past huge gates, and the bus stand, and keep going straight.

From the hill you can get a fine view of the surroundings especially the road to Ramoji Film City.
Old 20th January 2008, 11:51   #3
BHPian

Its one of the cleanliest temples I have seen. The road is beautiful for a stretch of a couple of kilometers with Colored flowers on green trees on wither side of the road.
Old 20th January 2008, 23:47   #4
BHPian

As promised, here is report on our visit to zoo today. Please check https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/trave...hyderabad.html (A Visit to Nehru Zoological Park (Zoo), Hyderabad)
Old 21st January 2008, 10:25   #5
Senior - BHPian

nice write up TD.

waiting for the photos. :-)
Old 1st February 2008, 00:47   #6
BHPian

Sorry for the delay.

33 Photos
are now up. Click on the image of thumbnails below to start the Slide Show.

Old 4th February 2008, 12:44   #7
BHPian

good write up,

Heard of balaji temple further to alwal.... any one heard of this....
Old 4th February 2008, 12:47   #8
Senior - BHPian

Good pics and report TD.
Old 4th February 2008, 22:32   #9
BHPian

If you are referring to Ratnalayam, then it is after Shamirpet.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks