Team-BHP - Bangalore-Tirupattur-Vellore-Bangalore
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Travelogues (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/)
-   -   Bangalore-Tirupattur-Vellore-Bangalore (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/34704-bangalore-tirupattur-vellore-bangalore.html)

15-1-08: Left head light change and also change of tires from 205/60 Bridgestone g3 to Yokohoma S3 drive 205/55.

16-1-08: Planned the trip to my friend’s native in Tirupattur, decided to leave Bangalore by 5pm but couldn't go since had to burn some Cds for the ride and also do a full body wash.

Reached my friends place by 7pm. left the place, reached the Hosur road, filled in petrol at Shell, had little traffic bottle neck at chandapur for 30 minutes. Crossed the border to Tamilnadu reached Hosur by 8.15 .Had dinner at a local dabha, reached the Krishnagiri toll plaza by 9.30pm. Then turned left to Tirupattur (Chennai route), One of the best NH was driving my Swift at 120/130 all the time with loud music at the back. Reached Tirupattur by 11.15pm. Took a room, booze and settle down for some time.

17-1-08: Woke up by 7am in the morning and then went to my friends place visited there family and the temple. My friends mom suggested to visit a local mountain place called yelagiri (small ooty) called by the locals. Took some drinks and went up the hill. Settle down and drank till 4pm in the evening. Came down and went to the room, fresh n up and then went to my friends place since the pooja was going around. You could see God entering human body and other things which is there or heard in movies and books. Saw the show of crackers and the local dance. Came back to the room and ordered some food and booze. Drank till 4am watching TV. Slept and woke up by 9am

18-1-08: Started my ride to Vellore in the same NH crossing Ambur and then reaching Vellore. Touched 160 and reached the Max 180 km in my car. Reached the golden temple and visited the temple and came back by 3pm. Had our dinner at the best chettinad Non-Veg Lunch. On the way back was having a drag with a wagon r (kl 11). I Won!!

Reached Ambur by 4.30 and then decided to go for a movie there, booked the tickets for the 6.30pm show for BHEEMA (Tamil). Saw the movie. Started the return trip to Tirupattur by 10pm. reached the room, took some booze and then drank till 3am

19-1-08: Got up by 7am and got fresh n up and started the return journey to Bangalore by 8.15am and reached Bangalore by 11pm.

Mileage - 16.8 km/per litre with 3 people,

The Next one to Goa in few Days (FEB 8th) for the festival season or carnival.

I need to travel from Bangalore to Jolarpet to pick up some family folks who are coming by train. Need some tips on route.

Bangalore-Krishnagiri - Route to Chennai ( Where do I deviate to go to Jolarpet )

Should i go to Tiruppatur and then Jolarpet

Appreciate any advice from BHPians.

regards
Krish

The deviation is about 15km before Vaniyambadi (about 40Km from Krishnagiri). You should be able to see Jolarpet marked. If you miss this deviation, next thing you can do is look for Yelagiri diversion, which after the Vaniyamabadi toll gate.

The Vaniyambadi-Tirupattur road goes via Jolarpet.