Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2008, 21:46   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
Hey nice report TDreamer. Post some more pics. Have you taken only 2 of them in this entire journey. What did the FE the car returned?
This was not my report. BTW i never ever take a single digit number of pics anytime. This was a journey by deepakhon and as he says lets wait for more pics. All credits to him
Old 1st February 2008, 23:00   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueDreamer View Post
...I think this is because RTC buses are supposed to have speed governors fixed or may have their engines tuned for Max Speed of 80Kmph. Or shouldn't this be 60 actually?

Oh, okie. Didn't know this.

thanks for the info! cheers:
Old 1st February 2008, 23:54   #18
F50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
You can overtake a KSRTC if you are driving at 81kmph,bit in your case better horns would have helped I guess.

Awaiting pix.
Horns or no horns. I had first hand experience last week, despite flashing, honking from quite good distance, end moment they will spring into first lane to overtake a truck. And after overtaking they wont move back into second lane but still continue to drive in the first. These buses dont have mirrors and drivers dont have ears! With such bus drivers and antic buses you dont need speed breakers.
Old 2nd February 2008, 01:36   #19
Senior - BHPian

Nice report would love to see some more pics.Even we did the exactly same trip(Munnar,Thekkady,Alleppy) on Jan'2006.But I wish we didn't covered all 3 places at a time,instead should've taken it slowly.All these lovely places needs more then a day that we've given.
Old 2nd February 2008, 09:22   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
Nice report would love to see some more pics.Even we did the exactly same trip(Munnar,Thekkady,Alleppy) on Jan'2006.But I wish we didn't covered all 3 places at a time,instead should've taken it slowly.All these lovely places needs more then a day that we've given.
True; when I go to a place to visit i usually try to spend the max time at a spot enjoying what is there instead of visiting all places and finally landing up with 'yeah, been there' and not able to enjoy what the place has to offer.

If the place is good and there are other spots worth a visit, i go back and check out the spots i missed out in the first round.

atleast with this, you have a larger number of choices; no need to write off a spot completely!
Old 2nd February 2008, 09:23   #21
Senior - BHPian

F50, now you know why trucks rule!

As I said you can overtake a KSRTC if you are driving at 81kmph as most KSRTCs have speed limiters which makes them impotent after 80kmph

Didn't you come across any Tippers? They are the nastiest of the lot as they would be loaded to max (even overloaded) and don't have speed governors.

I would say that one should keep a good distance from them as these people, especially KSRTCs love drifting a lot.

And, if you are visiting Kerala, DONT miss the house boat stay/ride.
Old 2nd February 2008, 14:17   #22
Senior - BHPian

Can Be Missed

Quote:
Originally Posted by akroy View Post
Hey Nice report Deepak, I just wonder how could you miss the Mettur turn when there is a huge signage by NHAI on the highway itself...

Which route did you take from Bhavani? I guess it is the Perundurai - Kangayam - Dharapuram - Udumalpettai (as you were talking of winds)

Abhi
Hai Abhi,

This could happen if you are distracted while overtaking; same thing happened to me, I was actually looking out for the Mettur turn off (though I was going towards Trichy) and niticed the board only after I passed it. At the exact point where the road forks off to the right towards Mettur there is one more boarad, if you overtaking someone at this point, you can miss it. With road work going on in this section, I was concentrating on weaving through the best patch and looking at oncoming traffic for gaps to overtake.......

--Ramky

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks