Team-BHP > Travelogues

Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2008, 14:48   #16
BHPian

Great write up adc. Enjoyed it thoroughly. Nice pics too.
Old 4th February 2008, 15:12   #17
adc
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaserQ View Post
Solid workout for your VVT adc. Fantastic report!
Definitely it was, we covered around 130 km at around 60-65 kmph, definitely more than the average forest speed, just within the Kuldiha forests, going through each and every undulating forest road that was available. It soaked up all these roads with ease and the best thing is that I, being the driver, did not at all feel the tiredness nor did the occupants.

Well the "workout" that it went through the last day in Satkosia was one had to be photographed and could have been done only by an SUV, but by that time I had run out of camera batteries, both places it was solar light with no electricity available inside the core area of sanctuaries. More on it later!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSEA View Post
Excellent travelogue and nice pics !

One small question, How much does one have to pay to get the Forest Entry Papers done and for the Guest House accomadation?
The car permit was for Rs 100 and for 5 members it was Rs 100 for 2 days. So it comes to Rs 200 for Forest entry. The rooms were for Rs 250 per night per room, so for our 2 rooms for 2 days it was Rs 1000/-

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvd View Post
Can regular cars do this trip?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
by the way can we do the trip in an esteem or will it get stuck?
Definitely nothing off road over here, it can be done in a regular car just it will take a little more time and just being a little slow along the forest roads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondadude View Post
Awesome. This is some reclaiming!

I would have loved to see the pics/video of culvert crossing but I guess all focus at that time was to cross it.
Yes thats a picture that I definitely miss - all effort was on crossing it and once crossed we never looked back to see how it was holding!!

Angul pictures coming up, but then last day pictures of Satkosia Gorge were not possible as by that time the camera batteries have run out.
Old 7th February 2008, 18:58   #18
BHPian

Awesome travelogue dude. The last pic reminded me of the adv. of Sierra
vrooooooom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2011, 15:30   #19
BHPian

Re: Orissa's Unknown Forests [Kolkata-Kuldia-Satkosia-Bangriposi-Kolkata] -->> Part 1

A very nice travelogue on your visit to Orissa forest in your safari, the amount of dust on the vehicle speaks for itself. This is what i call an extreme adventure. The full moon picture too is fabulous
ukderebail is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2015, 01:43   #20
BHPian

Re: Orissa's Unknown Forests [Kolkata-Kuldia-Satkosia-Bangriposi-Kolkata] -->> Part 1

Nice post adc. Kuldiha is on my travel list now for lesser number of travelers and untouched beauty. Thanks for sharing.
akas_chauhan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2018, 17:45   #21
BHPian

Nice Travelogue for this unknown destination.
However can you please let me know how to book FRH kuldiha?
I am planning with my family for the same tour.

Most Viewed