Team-BHP > Travelogues

Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2008, 00:54   #1
BHPian

a few pics from goa to pune ride..

this is my ride back from Goa to Pune.. 3 bikes..

1974 BMW R90/6
Honda XR650L
and a good old Indian bike Hero Honda Karizma with a few engine mods.

Old 12th February 2008, 01:15   #2
Senior - BHPian

Sounds like a lot of fun! Do give us more details about the ride..
Old 12th February 2008, 01:36   #3
BHPian

was a good ride.. roads are really good.. just a small patch with some really bad potholes from this village about 5 km before you touch the main highway again..

route we took was from mapusa, sawantwadi, amboli, left from there towards azra and then a left to a village called Utur, then pretty much straight to the highway where we came out at nipani where u hit the NH4, then pass kolhapur, satara, katraj and your back in pune.. the Amboli Ghat is real good.. good climb, not much problems.. stopped for lunch at amboli and then about 2-3 stops for about 10 mins on the way, left mapusa at 10 in the mornin, we were back home in koregaon park in pune by 8 in the evening.. total stopping time about 2 hours.. so guess we did good time..

from amboli to the main highway, thats nipani the road is not such a broad road.. but its a good road, quite a few parts have just been done up..

on the NH4 averaged between 80 to 100 kmph..
the BMW and the Honda were averaging at about 110 to 120 on the highway.. didnt push them too much cause of all the weight they were carrying, had the bags strapped on to them..

yeah in goa, had a few good rides.. went all the way upto arambol and them also down to cidade de goa.. good roads in goa to ride on..BMW not the best bet for all the internal roads, but excellent on the highway.. the Honda was ideal in Goa..
Old 12th February 2008, 02:09   #4
BHPian

Thats a lot of luggage for such a short ride!
Old 12th February 2008, 03:11   #5
BHPian

we were in goa for 6 days.. and thats luggage for 4 people..
Old 12th February 2008, 23:21   #6
BHPian

You guys made that classic bike carry luggage for all four of you? That’s really bad!

Ps. Waiting for more pics
Old 15th February 2008, 03:11   #7
BHPian

hehe the classic bike was the perfect one for the luggage..after all it was the only tourer we had.. sorry man, no more pics.. battery had died out in the cam.. and didnt really stop much to take pics..
Old 15th February 2008, 11:03   #8
Senior - BHPian

Great rides there and also the pics of the beauties you rode is a good one. The BMW looks like RD and Honda too is a nice one ....BTW year of make of the Honda? and is it used just to tour or is a rally bike?

Drive Safe dude and enjoy the same
Old 19th February 2008, 12:11   #9
BHPian

the Honda is a 2003 i think.. not to sure.. but around that time.. the bike is used for everything, not really rallying though, havent got down to doing that, otherwise used for some off-roading and good old street riding..
Old 19th February 2008, 12:15   #10
Senior - BHPian

i queried about the rallying as it looks definitely like the one used for the obvious and also got stumped by the rallying results you have in your signature
Old 8th April 2008, 17:26   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

How did I miss this one? Lovely. I instantly recognise the BMW, she resides a few minutes from my place. Its heartening to know the bike is used the way she was meant to be.
Old 1st July 2008, 02:27   #12
BHPian

where abouts do u stay karlos.. yeah the BMW is a beauty and rode very well on the whole trip.. only in Goa, riding slow faced a few over-heating problems..
Old 1st July 2008, 02:35   #13
BHPian

papps can you please be a little more specific about the road wher do we turn off from nh4 for amboli ?? road s doable in honda civic ? in decent condition ?
regards
Old 3rd July 2008, 01:18   #14
Senior - BHPian

There is a toll plaza I think it's called Kognoli.... 24 kms from there you will come acroos a slight climb...on the left is a restaurant called Satya Palace and on the right is Hotel Kaveri.... take the right there.. the photos are on another thread... check out on yahoo maps india..you'll find the route. It's okay...bit bad here and there..I did it in May but now the rains might have made it a bit worse. But it can be done..

Papps thats a nice Beemer there. Do you own it? I have a R50 and two R12's if it interests a fellow Beemer owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by m-hawk View Post
papps can you please be a little more specific about the road wher do we turn off from nh4 for amboli ?? road s doable in honda civic ? in decent condition ?
regards
Old 3rd July 2008, 02:23   #15
BHPian

Awesome bikes- great ride.
To more happy and safe journeys. cheers:

Most Viewed