Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th February 2008, 19:46   #1
A.R
BHPian

Offsite at Waynad

I had recently been to Waynad In Kerala for an offiste leadership meeting. So this is how it all went......

Plan was to start from Bangalore on a Thursday morning by 5am from office & return on Saturday evening before dark. We had booked a bus with AC & DVD from SRS and 'Ginger Hills' resort at Waynad. One of my colleagues had already bought loads of liquor from Metro. I parked my car at the office parking lot & waited for the bus to arrive. As usual some of my colleagues were late & we finally managed to start by 6.30 am. We were 16 of us.

We took the Bangalore-Mysore road, stopped at Kamat at around 8 am for breakfast. Food was good as always. I did not want to eat much so just had some idlis & coffee. We then headed towards Mysore. We reached Mysore by 11ish, took the road to Gundlepet via Nanjangud. Post Gundlepet we took a turn to Kerala - Sultan Bathery.

We reached Sultan Bathery & took the road to Calicut. Reached a place called Vythri in between, where we called the resort folks who asked us to wait in the main road. They then came in some 4 MM540 Jeeps, told us that we can reach the resort only bu Jeep since its a narrow muddy road up the hill. Also the bus had to be parked in a private parking lot besides the main road.

I got excited with the very idea of climbing up the hill ina Jeep. We loaded our loggage into one of the Jeeps & boarded into the rest. The journey upward the hill was awesome. No road exists! Its like driving inside a jungle with terrain & rocks, with some sharp turns, small streams running & tea estates. It was approx 6 kms up the hill to reach the resort.

Finally we reached the resort. Wow! what an awesome view we had from up there. The facility was very nice, we checked into our rooms which were pretty good, freshened up & came out for lunch, which was good as well. We then got into the reception area to discuss about the agenda for the day & next day. I'll skip this part.

Evening.... was filled with HR games followed by gyan & then Bon Fire, Music & Daaru! We spent time near the fire till 11.30 pm, the had dinner & slept. Next day, had to wake up at 6 am for a morning walk (ehh!) with the team followed by our brainstorming sessions for the day.

Evening was again fun with games, we went to a lake nearby, spent some time there, came back, had dinner & booze. We decided to leave that night itself as we did not have anything to do next day (officially!) Reached Bangalore by around 7 am & headed straigh to home for a sound sleeeep!

So that was it, had some nice time with work done too.

And some pics too...

Old 13th February 2008, 19:56   #2
Senior - BHPian

great outing mate!

leadership meet & loads of booze : what combination, wah wah! :-)
Old 13th February 2008, 20:19   #3
Senior - BHPian

Interesting trip.. good combo of fun & work.
I've done a trip (long long ago) through the forest in a Jeep. I actually stood through the whole journey,holding a camcorder in one hand;focussed on the road ahead,and the other hand held onto the bars around me. One helluva time!
Old 14th February 2008, 17:49   #4
Senior - BHPian

short and sweet write-up..
I'm sure you had a nice time with the co-workers and Daaru
Old 14th February 2008, 18:21   #5
Team-BHP Support

I have a feeling you parked the bus near Gandhi Gramam Handicrafts shop at Thalipuzha, before getting into the Jeeps. I had been to a resort (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...-top-tree.html) in this area two years back.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks