Team-BHP > Travelogues

Search this Thread
Old 20th February 2008, 10:22   #16
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
Nice pictures, what was the route taken and how long was the drive.
dadu, he has already mentioned the route, as well as kms in total starting from Silk Board.
Old 20th February 2008, 13:18   #17
Senior - BHPian

Ishaan and maggie thankoo. Ishaan its been long and we need to catch up sometime over the phone during our booze sessions .

surajs done mate. I realized that when I was shooting and cleaning the sensor was the 1st thing I did when I got home.

dadu distance and route taken has been posted at the end. Breakfast was at a hotel called Mayur/Mayura International once you deviate from Hosur road.
Old 20th February 2008, 13:38   #18
Team-BHP Support

Nice report Riju, but I am shocked at the photographs. It is well below your usual standards. Most are over-exposed, over-saturated or over-sharpened. And that's nothing to do with dusty sensor thing. It is like somebody else was shooting. What did you do to Photographer Riju??
Old 20th February 2008, 13:52   #19
Senior - BHPian

Samurai most of the editing was done on my laptop and I still cant get them right. The LCD has been changed and I really cant seem to get the PP done right on this.

I have really gotten lazy and don't fancy the idea of using my desktop to do all this .

Lets see next trip I will force myself to use the desktop for editing and see how it comes thru.

Last edited by rjstyles69 : 20th February 2008 at 13:54.
Old 20th February 2008, 15:02   #20
Senior - BHPian

Hey Riju,
Nice travelogue and some good pictures also. But I guess you've forgotten to get something very important called Tripod, isn't it so ? Or may be there was not option to put it down.
Writeup is nice and I also would love to visit Hoggenekkal sometimes but I prefer to avoid such crowded places, be it hogenekkal or Sivasamudram. Although they are lovely places but the crowd turns me off.
Just a few questions, is there a timing involved like open from morning XX to evening YY ?? I want to know if it is possible to be there early in the morning before sunrise,shoot and then push off once the crowd starts to move in ? How safe is the place ? If anyone else also have some ideas please do let me know.
Regards,
Kaushik
Old 20th February 2008, 15:31   #21
Senior - BHPian

Nice to see your travelogue after long time with as usual good photographs. Not a professional like Samurai, so in hunger one does not look for taste

Been there once. As Riju pointed out it was fully crowded & lots of guys floating trying out all things to top up their blast

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
but I prefer to avoid such crowded places, be it hogenekkal or Sivasamudram. Although they are lovely places but the crowd turns me off.
Just a few questions, is there a timing involved like open from morning XX to evening YY ?? I want to know if it is possible to be there early in the morning before sunrise,shoot and then push off once the crowd starts to move in ? How safe is the place ? If anyone else also have some ideas please do let me know.
Regards,
Kaushik
Good questions there Kaushik_s. If everything is perfect an early morning trip to this place ( - crowd) would be a heaven.
Old 20th February 2008, 15:37   #22
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
Nice to see your travelogue after long time with as usual good photographs. Not a professional like Samurai, so in hunger one does not look for taste
Boss, I am not a professional. I was pointing out that it is well below Riju's standards, he explained why it happened.
Old 20th February 2008, 16:13   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

To see both the aces in work, lets organize a photoshoot involving Samurai - when you next come to BLR, and Rijuve; we'll use my car as the subject.
Old 20th February 2008, 16:17   #24
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
To see both the aces in work, lets organize a photoshoot involving Samurai - when you next come to BLR, and Rijuve; we'll use my car as the subject.
Nope the swift will not be a good subject. The lancer is a better choice.
Old 20th February 2008, 16:26   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Riju, I echo Samurai's views about the photographs you've posted this time. But wondering if the change in the LCD would affect editing so much.

Quote:
rjstyles69 : (Wish I could convince my FIL to get a Conical Filter and a FFE for this car).
May be you should just slip them in ..

Quote:
theMAG : I use a standard template while posting in any of your travelogues...
Lazy bum !

Last edited by condor : 20th February 2008 at 16:34.
Old 20th February 2008, 16:35   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Lazy bum !
But, you see, the end justifies the means in this case, namely Rijuanna's photography. And my keyboard lasts longer.
Old 20th February 2008, 18:58   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Nope the swift will not be a good subject. The lancer is a better choice.
How about the famous Alto, i largest selling car!!
Rudraji already pointed me twice to go for a shoot of my car saying, "Your car badly needs a shoot"...

Riju / Samurai, Anybody listening?

Abhi
Old 20th February 2008, 19:05   #28
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by akroy View Post
Abhi
Sure, come over during overcast weather. Your car color needs dull weather to shoot.
Old 20th February 2008, 19:12   #29
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by akroy View Post
How about the famous Alto, i largest selling car!!
Rudraji already pointed me twice to go for a shoot of my car saying, "Your car badly needs a shoot"...

Abhi
I have the same colour Alto as well. Alto is also a good subject in wine red.
Old 31st May 2008, 17:19   #30
BHPian

Wonderful thread and pictures. Interesting that Rudra hasn't posted on this for I believe he loves the sunset of Hoganekkel. Anyway, it doesn't take away the credit from the artist.

Most Viewed