Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th February 2008, 16:45   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blorebuddy View Post
Hi,

Nice review and pictures.

How much did you paid for the hotel and address of this hotel?
This would help people like me who are planning for a trip
thanks,

you can find the details of the hotel @ Munnar Hotels - Westwood Riverside Garden Resort Munnar, Kerala Hotel offering booking of hotels munnar, hotels in munnar, munnar hotel, munnar deluxe hotels, deluxe hotels in Munnar

I dont know about the discounts during season, but i paid 60% lesser than the tarrif mentioned in the website.probably you can get lesser than that if you are good at bargaining.if you speak tamil or malayalam you have an edge there.

If you are not travelling during season then you need not make any advance bookings, just speak to few of the hotels to find out rates & availability.to have aconfirmed reservation you have to make advance payments & bargaining on phone is not always effective.
Old 20th February 2008, 17:04   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Nice travelogue and good pictures. Which were the dates that you traveled? Assuming this was last year end?
Old 20th February 2008, 17:27   #18
BHPian

last week

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Nice travelogue and good pictures. Which were the dates that you traveled? Assuming this was last year end?
thanks mobike008,

I was at munnar last week. 09 -11 feb 08.
Old 20th February 2008, 17:31   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad75 View Post
...the roads were winding & suddenly at an inclined blind left turn, there was one truck overtaking the other at probably 5kmph due to the incline. I had to apply brakes too hard. the tyres locked, screeching sound & burnt tyre smell. the car stopped some 5 meters from the oncoming truck. I was shocked & was glad that we just escaped from a possible head on collision. The driver of the truck was smiling as if it was a joke. didnt want to react & waste time. We moved on.
Good to know that it was nothing more. I do hope you gave him atleast a piece of your mind - but then, whats the use, just you losing your energy. your have patience mate!

Quote:
...The total trip was 1507 kms the car drank 85 LTRS of petrol average 17.75 approx.
Out of 1507kms 247kms were sight seeing trips at munnar & local travel to relatives place in kannur...
That is a good mileage. What was the average speed?

Quote:
...Back to Bangalore, back to work, back to chaos…..
Welcome home! cheers:
Old 20th February 2008, 17:55   #20
Senior - BHPian

Hi ad75,

Looks like you had a great time, just like what I had when I traveled to Munnar during last week of Jan.

Now this reminds me that I have to complete my travelogue.

Cheers,
Old 20th February 2008, 18:09   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Good to know that it was nothing more. I do hope you gave him atleast a piece of your mind - but then, whats the use, just you losing your energy. your have patience mate!

That is a good mileage. What was the average speed?
It was inside the sanctuary, very few vehicles around, it would'nt have been wise to pick up a fight.especially with wife & kid along. As you rightly said whats the point? will they ever learn ? I had approx 250-275kms of driving left to reach my destination.

I wanted to cross mysore between 2-3pm.the regular weekend/tourist traffic between bangalore & mysore would start by 4-5pm.the roads would have been crowded.

I dont know how to calculate average speed, coz the trips involved breaks for breakfast/lunch,refueling, diaper change halts for the kid etc.Highest speed i did in the whole travel was 120kmph on very good roads,90-100 on good roads & lesser on bad roads & traffic.Ac usage approx - 70% in bangalore-munnar trip,80% in munnar-kannur trip & 100% kannur -bangalore.
Old 20th February 2008, 18:50   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakhon View Post
Hi ad75,

Looks like you had a great time, just like what I had when I traveled to Munnar during last week of Jan.

Now this reminds me that I have to complete my travelogue.

Cheers,
Hi, deepakhon,

Had a great time for sure.
Old 21st February 2008, 08:59   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
After the forest check post at kerala border I was @60kmph , the roads were winding & suddenly at an inclined blind left turn, there was one truck overtaking the other at probably 5kmph due to the incline. I had to apply brakes too hard. the tyres locked, screeching sound & burnt tyre smell. the car stopped some 5 meters from the oncoming truck. I was shocked & was glad that we just escaped from a possible head on collision. The driver of the truck was smiling as if it was a joke. didnt want to react & waste time. We moved on.
Good travelogue.

This happened to us while driving from Manali to Chandigarh. The road was full of trucks and exactly the same thing happened on a blind curve - the only difference was that the truck was probably doing 40-50 kmph. Our driver managed to get the Innova off the road. Thank God there was just enough space, and we were on the cliff side. I shudder to think what would have happened had we been on the valley side. There was not enough time/space to brake. I realized we just have to be extremely careful in India while driving on ghats/blind curves.
Old 26th March 2008, 17:57   #24
Senior - BHPian

[quote=ad75;729661]The total trip was 1507 kms the car drank 85 LTRS of petrol average 17.75 approx.quote]

WOW. You sure have a great car and greater driving habit I must say. I struggle to reach 18 in my Alto.

Ps - Am bitting the Munnar Bullet after reading so many travelouges. I will come back on 31st March and need a day to do my own. Keep watching
Old 18th April 2008, 12:29   #25
BHPian

Fantastic write up....What are the palces of interest in Kannur and near by place?
As you are from kerala, you are best person to answer. Which will be best time to visit? and how abt the hotels?
Old 23rd April 2008, 13:25   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snb77 View Post
Fantastic write up....What are the palces of interest in Kannur and near by place?
As you are from kerala, you are best person to answer. Which will be best time to visit? and how abt the hotels?
there is payyambalam beach in the city. between thalassery & kannur there is an awsome drive-in beach called muzhappilangad. you can also visit the fort at kannur.

90 kms from kannur is bekal.it has a fort & a beach.the place is too good.

you do have a lot of resorts in kannur.there aree some in bekal also.

sep to jan would be the right time to visit.

Last edited by ad75 : 23rd April 2008 at 13:29.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks