Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st February 2008, 16:35   #61
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
Yaar our India is not that bad, It is just a little uncivilized and over populated with a little corruption and bad politicians along with bad roads and unplanned infrastructure.
Add to that these Sardarjees who drive around in cars creating noise pollution with their huge woofers. mera kya hoga
Old 21st February 2008, 16:42   #62
Distinguished - BHPian

And those damned dog owners who create noise pollution all night with their huge woofers...
Old 21st February 2008, 19:54   #63
Distinguished - BHPian

Potterstein and the Hilly Woods

It's cold. We enter a terribly old-fashioned restaurant and warm ourselves. What better time for some coffee and some schnapps.

Suddenly we can hear some seriously loud whistling. A tune, like a folk-tune. We stop talking and look around. Who can this be?
Suddenly the waitress appears at our table holding a tray with little glasses of schnapps and a wind-up clown that's whistling LOUDLY and moving his head from side to side.
We burst into peals of laughter. How cute.
10 seconds later, she's still there and it's a bit embrassing now. "Danke schoen"
"Nein" says the girl. House rules demand that she stand there with the tray till the clown finishes the tune. The young waitress rolls her eyes up in embarrassment.

Tchuess!! We leave the restaurant and head to the church.

But there's a service on. So we decide to move on and return later. We take a short walk through this little town. I spot a BMW with a nice touring kit. It's not special but I like the body kit. Also a little unusual in this village full of Polos and Golfs.

Then I see a car that is built like a tank.

Not much else to see here actually. We can return for some dinner and we'll see the church then.
There's a little hilly wood in the vicinity and we decide to go there.

We reach the foot of the hill. You can see the Total gas station and the little road leading left.

We reach the top. You can see the same gas station. Every gas station (Aral, Esso, Agip, Shell, Total) has a different price for petrol. How strange.

This is a beautiful place. And I am very happy.

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 21st February 2008 at 20:06.
Sam Kapasi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2008, 20:30   #64
BHPian

Beautiful pics Sam.. !

Dont Stop Dont Stop
Old 21st February 2008, 21:24   #65
BHPian

My son says hello to "George Of The Jungle"

Awesome pictures. Reading your travellogue literally gets you there.

Regards
Deepu
Old 21st February 2008, 21:28   #66
BHPian

Wow! Difficult to fathom the land covered by snow and a black and white world. Sam, Without your wonderful pics and superb writeup, I'd have never been able to appreciate the color that we have here the year round.
Old 21st February 2008, 22:00   #67
Distinguished - BHPian

Laughing and giggling, we're acting like complete doofs in the woods. Of course the fact that there is not a another person for miles helps.

I still have not got used to the fact that there simply are no people.

I slip and fall. It really hurts in the cold. Are you OK? Yeah. Click click, hee hee hee. Bah.

The forest is really beautiful.

We decide to drive to a little castle which is 30 kms away. We park and then reminding myself that I do belong to an automotive forum, I quickly take some photos of all the cars parked there.

Look!! People's cars!!

The mini is very popular. I have seen many BMW showrooms with lots of minis. In fact I saw one ONLY mini showroom, but it was dark and we were in a rush.

Old 21st February 2008, 22:52   #68
Senior - BHPian

Baywatch..in the woods!

(no offense meant,Sam.Really couldn't resist this one.. And you are wearing red too-atleast the muffler & cap!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post

Old 21st February 2008, 22:57   #69
Team-BHP Support

The mini is one hot honey, did you get to sample any?
Old 21st February 2008, 23:12   #70
Senior - BHPian

Awesome thread Sam, the pics are fantastic. Felt as if i was there with you. Thanks alot for sharing and keep up the good work
Old 22nd February 2008, 00:48   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Huh, Is that one a JBL Evil Twin cousin from Germany ?

BTW, lovely travelogue and lovely pictures. Oh, how much I want to go there, would be kind of dream come true. Lovely landscapes,whispering woods, walks on the countryside and no other people, only me and that someone special..aah,only if dreams can come true.Sigh!!
Old 22nd February 2008, 01:39   #72
Senior - BHPian

Beautiful travelogue, as usual. Your pictures make us realise how full of colour India is. Not to mention people!
Quote:
Ok, you look SO much like the Grinch here!
Old 22nd February 2008, 02:33   #73
Distinguished - BHPian

YetiBlog® - 26th December 2007 - continued

We reach the castle at 3.20pm. It doesn't look that awe inspiring. Besides it doesn't look all that old. Turns out it is owned by a private individual who rents it out sometimes for weddings.
Anyways, the guided tour begins at 4, so we have some time to walk around.

The battery on the ground delivers a mild electric shock. Not enough to hurt, but enough to keep the horses in.

Soon we pay up, enter the castle and wait. Then this rather impressive guide enters. The castle is mediocre, not medieval.

Do you want to go to a brewery Sam? No. It's too cold to drink that stuff anyways. How about a schnapps distillery then? I brighten up at the thought.

There's a famous little one man show, 25 kms from here. On the way I stop for some long exposures. It is -6. I cannot shoot with my gloves on and when I take them off, my fingers get numb.

Soon we're there.

As always, we're the only people in the entire area. The gentleman is the owner/ distiller/cleaner and bartender too, lol. We start doing some heavy sampling, heh heh.

Soon we buy a bottle each and he offers to take us down to the distillery. he prides on being 100% pure and natural. We enjoy the little tour.

Soon we return home, quite high. I am being teased about tomorrow. We're going to obernsees. To the spa. I'm going to be naked in front of many naked people. I've done this on a very small scale. THis is different. Very different.

Germans have a very different point of view on nudity. It is natural and not strange at all. It is normal for children of 3,4.5 and even older to see their parents naked. It is normal for a little child to snuggle up between his/her naked parents in the morning.

It is very very normal to be topless or even naked on the beach with your husband and kids around. It's a culture thing.

Being topless and being naked are 2 different things. It is not so different where I come from. For a woman, being topless in India is as good/bad as being naked.

Where they come from, a woman can go out with a group of friends, both men and women and take your top off to get an even tan on your breasts. Your friends don't stare. Nobody cares.

On the other hand, I don't have any friends who would show me their breasts unless there was sexual involvement.

I feel very Indian. Me. Who's cooler than the average bear.

I'm going to walk around naked around hundreds of naked people tomorrow. It's both new and scary. I've heard it is rude to get aroused. And it's gonna be freezing as parts of the spa are open air and it's snowing. Dammit.

P.S. Don't expect photos. A naked man cannot carry a camera, where will he hide it? And for all you smart alecs, watch what you say, the mods are reading this thread every single day. lol.

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 22nd February 2008 at 02:38.
Old 22nd February 2008, 03:05   #74
BANNED

Gosh!!!!

Quote:

Ha ha ha!!!! Sam!!!! Thanks for showing me my future!

We don't need pictures of what happened tomorrow at the Spa! Your words sometimes give us a better picture. So, we just need a whole lot of it.
Old 22nd February 2008, 12:06   #75
Distinguished - BHPian

double post - mistake

double post- by mistake

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 22nd February 2008 at 12:09.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks