Team-BHP > Travelogues

Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2008, 08:54   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIP View Post
try this site for homestays and hotels: http://www.travelcoorg.com/
Thanks NIP.
I checked it. Was really useful to get the list of hotel & resorts. But still I feel that nothing beats the recomendations from T-BHPians. Also, this would be my first trip to there. So, in case I get some recos here thats first preference, if Not i would go with the site you gave me.
Thanks again.
Old 15th March 2008, 20:59   #17
BHPian

@Mjothi,

We stayed in Karnataka tourism's Mayura Valley view which is aroun 100 metres from Raja's seat but totally secluded from crowd. It's 999Rs (Including taxes + breakfast+Morning English news paper(?!))) and for extra bed it's 200Rs . We(Me,My mother, wife & kid went to Madikeri + Talacauvery some time back and our stay out here was comfortable!.

Check in & check out time is 12 Noon .

Pros :-

1) Same View from the Restaurant / Room (First FlooR) similar to the view we have from Raja's seat (Not exactly but equivalent thou)
2) Secluded from the crowd
3) Newly constructed and hence rooms are nice, spotless and comfortable for 2 people

Cons:-

1) No Room Service (This is standard across all Mayura hotels I suppose . Atleast that's what I experienced in their Mysore & Madikeri properties)
2)No Much variety in Restaurant

Few Photos of the Hotel + Restaurant :-
Attached Thumbnails
Visit to Coorg in 9-10 Feb 2008-dsc00106.jpg  

Visit to Coorg in 9-10 Feb 2008-dsc00107.jpg  

Visit to Coorg in 9-10 Feb 2008-dsc00109.jpg  

Visit to Coorg in 9-10 Feb 2008-dsc00111.jpg  

Old 15th March 2008, 22:08   #18
BHPian

Well guys i just got back from madikeri yesterday (been there 4times in the past 2months for some work) it seems like early rains there.It has just started raining there.was wonderful but would be better during season.
Old 17th March 2008, 18:36   #19
BHPian

Nice pics! Even or maybe especially because of all the mist - it has a special atmosphere!

And thank you, now I have another place to add to my list of places to go to in India!
Old 17th March 2008, 19:36   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmvelu View Post
@Mjothi,

We stayed in Karnataka tourism's Mayura Valley view which is aroun 100 metres from Raja's seat but totally secluded from crowd. It's 999Rs (Including taxes + breakfast+Morning English news paper(?!))) and for extra bed it's 200Rs . We(Me,My mother, wife & kid went to Madikeri + Talacauvery some time back and our stay out here was comfortable!.

Check in & check out time is 12 Noon .

Pros :-

1) Same View from the Restaurant / Room (First FlooR) similar to the view we have from Raja's seat (Not exactly but equivalent thou)
2) Secluded from the crowd
3) Newly constructed and hence rooms are nice, spotless and comfortable for 2 people

Cons:-

1) No Room Service (This is standard across all Mayura hotels I suppose . Atleast that's what I experienced in their Mysore & Madikeri properties)
2)No Much variety in Restaurant

Few Photos of the Hotel + Restaurant :-
Thanks pmvelu.
I just cancelled my trip to Coorg since I need to leave to chennai his friday. But it will be in my top list for next destination. Will update.
Old 19th March 2008, 10:58   #21
BHPian

Nice Travelogue...

Is the road upto Bhagamandala/Talacauvery good. i.e Mysore - Hunsur - Gonikoppal - Virajpet - Bhagamadala - Talacauvery.
Old 19th March 2008, 16:59   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsyFreak View Post
Nice Travelogue...

Is the road upto Bhagamandala/Talacauvery good. i.e Mysore - Hunsur - Gonikoppal - Virajpet - Bhagamadala - Talacauvery.
Hey gypsyfreak i also visited bhagamandala last week when i went there.the road is pretty good.dint have any problems.
Old 19th March 2008, 22:21   #23
BHPian

Thanks princezahed, any idea what is the total distance from Mysore to Bhagamandala and how long will it take.
Old 19th March 2008, 23:54   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsyFreak View Post
Thanks princezahed, any idea what is the total distance from Mysore to Bhagamandala and how long will it take.
from mercara its about 35kms.and mercara is about 120kms from mysore.not sure about any other route.
Old 20th March 2008, 15:33   #25
BHPian

@Gpsyfreak,

I did the trip a month back and you can find the complete info in my write-up

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ry-mysore.html

Hope this helps

Most Viewed