Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th February 2008, 17:02   #1
Team-BHP Support

Weekend trip to Mandarmoni

Sorry to all those people who love to read good travelogues, I will not venture to write one specially after Saurabh has already given the description of Mandarmoni as vividly as possible. Moreover there is nothing much to write about a trip arranged by 5 pseudo bachelors (two guys whose wives have gone for onsite assignments and three whose wives are expecting soon) with nothing to do on a weekend. Me and my cousin left in the morning in my Baleno and the other three guys were to join us there in a rented indica. I could not afford to take all of them in my car as I was aware of the road conditions after Chaulkhola. We had a very bold plan of starting at 8:30 in the morning after a late night at the office and obviously we could not and the entire blame goes to the clock which had stopped working. So it was already 9:30 when I realised that the clock had stopped working at 7:30. Anyway, we were not in any sort of hurry and left the petrol bunk after a full tank at 10:30 am. Drove at a sedate pace and reached Chaulkhola (166 Km from Kolkata) at 1 'o' clock. The nightmarish road started from there and took 50 minutes to travel th next 14 Kilometers to the resort. Here are a few pics, sorry for the low resolution as the camera is a first generation digital one

The Rose Valley Resort is very good with excellent amenities - boating, TableTennis, Cricket, Football, Carrom etc.. but quite expensive as it runs on a DG set which consumes 23 Litres of Diesel per hour .

On Sunday we started at 2:30 p.m for Kolkata after a round of beach football, swimming and a sumptuous lunch of rice, prawn and mutton. Met fellow team-bhpian Saurabh on the beach in his gleaming 3 year old Palio NV. Reached Kolaghat at 4:30 p.m, enjoyed the superb lassi and started again for Kolkata at 4:50. Reached Kolkata, filled up petrol at the same bunk and arrived home at exactly 6 'o' clock. Total distance travelled = 371 Kms. Total petrol used = 25.54 Litres giving a mileage of 14.52 Kmpl.
Old 27th February 2008, 17:12   #2
Senior - BHPian

Hey BP, In the group you are looking so different much like an alien from a different world...
Now I realize why you are famous as polished dome in Kol.

Abhi
Old 27th February 2008, 17:25   #3
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by akroy View Post
Hey BP, In the group you are looking so different much like an alien from a different world...
Abhi
shall I take this as a compliment? if yes, then thanks otherwise its neighbours envy owners pride
Old 27th February 2008, 17:30   #4
Senior - BHPian

The beach looks very inviting. Nice piikchaars man!

@ Akroy - Dada, its not easy to maintain that look. It requires a full polish every week to be aerodynamically sound!! It has a very good drag coefficient!
Old 27th February 2008, 17:35   #5
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvd View Post
The beach looks very inviting. Nice piikchaars man!
yup, the beach is an absolute delight to drive on. it is very firm and one can easily do 100-120. the best thing is that it remains almost empty.
Old 27th February 2008, 17:41   #6
BHPian

@shuvd: Couldnt stop laughing....my colleagues were looking at me as if I have gone mad.

@BP: That explains why the room rates are so high. Came to know from the locals that Mandarmoni has received electricity connection 10 days ago. Soon, they will start the process of preparing the distribution lines to all the hotels/resorts.
Old 27th February 2008, 17:46   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
shall I take this as a compliment? if yes, then thanks otherwise its neighbours envy owners pride
Ya Ya its a compliment !!! Not you being polished but you looking different
But I fail to understand why somebody else will envy you being polished?

Sadly, I am yet to visit Digha...It is the pics here which gives the feel of digha and adjacent beaches.

Abhi
Old 27th February 2008, 17:50   #8
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by akroy View Post
Sadly, I am yet to visit Digha...It is the pics here which gives the feel of digha and adjacent beaches.
I have been to digha and shankarpur countless times but this was my first visit to Mandarmoni and oh boy this beach is infinitely better than the other two. Digha is overcrowded (more of the kind whom you should have nothing to do) and Shankarpur's beach is not very suitable for bathing. Please visit this place before it goes the same way as Digha.

Quote:
But I fail to understand why somebody else will envy you being polished?
there is at least one occasion when people envy the polish, that is after bathing in the sea and feeling the sand in the hair . request to all dirty-minded bhpians, please dont dive in with dirty questions and answers after this reply

Last edited by BlackPearl : 27th February 2008 at 17:55.
Old 27th February 2008, 18:36   #9
Senior - BHPian

How does one get to Mandarmoni?
Old 27th February 2008, 18:55   #10
Senior - BHPian

Oye Polished Dome nice pictures yaar - love the pic of the BP (3rd from top).

@ Abhi - dada, i think you are right - he actually looks like an alien amongst his friends (just joking yaar!) - well have you guys seen Petey and Jadey on Bindaas? (third smiley: biggrin)
Old 27th February 2008, 22:51   #11
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
How does one get to Mandarmoni?
Kolkata-Kona Expressway-Bombay Road-Kolaghat (65 Kms approx)-NandaKumar (95 Kms approx)-Kanthi-ChaulKhola (approx 160 Kms) , then take a left turn into a narrow lane that leads to Mandarmoni.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saurabh M
@BP: That explains why the room rates are so high. Came to know from the locals that Mandarmoni has received electricity connection 10 days ago. Soon, they will start the process of preparing the distribution lines to all the hotels/resorts.
hopefully that should bring down the rates but it will become crowded...

Last edited by BlackPearl : 27th February 2008 at 23:01.
Old 27th February 2008, 23:07   #12
Senior - BHPian

Close to Digha? Been to Digha but not to Mandarmoni.
Old 27th February 2008, 23:20   #13
Senior - BHPian

What happened to your "prancing horse" hood ornament? Miss home.

Speaking of polished dome, I have, working with me, an ex-classmate of yours following his family heritage.
Old 27th February 2008, 23:55   #14
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
Speaking of polished dome, I have, working with me, an ex-classmate of yours following his family heritage.
and may ask who is that?
Old 28th February 2008, 12:28   #15
BHPian

Our ride to Mondarmoni

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks