Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2008, 15:39   #1
Senior - BHPian

MBA Exams in an Alto

It was a hot friday afternoon... Sweaty... boring...with couple of economic strategy writeups in my hand. Office mates were eating the other half of my brain with work queries!! And above all this was my fiancee... looking upto me as a small kid with innocent eyes asking me "what plans for weekend Papa"...

I couldnt take it anymore...!!!

Rushed into my room, took a Big Bazaar cover, stuffed a brush, paste, some chaddis, and a jean and a couple of tshirts, same with the other person. It was around 3'o clock, we left bangalore no clue where we were heading. Some place ahead of hosur came this wonderful board "Coimbatore - 3xx Kms". i decided we will have dinner at coimbatore.

Bangalore to Krishnagiri was a dream, then it dawned...!!! road to Dharmapuri...i thought YamaRaja was awaiting at the other end...! What a pity. Around 530 came to dharmapuri, gulped a tea and set off to salem. Nice roads all the way, but have to watch out for the 4 laning GQ work. In salem there was a shower, dusty conditions made it worse, smudged screen, I tried to wash it off but no water from the sprayer..!! Damn...

Stopped at a bunk, filled water and had a tea and off to coimbatore. More slush and voila...My spray still not working..!! Had to literally wipe the slush with my wipers... Around 7PM. slowly we felt what you are feeling now, what jackasses these 2 are...730..800...830...no sight of coimbatore. sudenly economics came before my eyes...

Approx 1030 we ended up inside coimbatore, got a decent place to set back the bones Jarred by the pathetic Erode - Avinashi Road...Another Road work in Progress.

Got up saturday...decided i will visit Ooty after many years.

Ooty was a nice smooth drive after a long night rest and a heavy kovai breakfast... In less than a hour the chill was in your face and you can smell heaven... away from the sulphur and 'God knows what' other smells in Bangalore daily traffic.

Got into a nice place around 12'o clock and took a guide and drove around a few tea estates and some nice view points. Botanical garden was a treat for the eye... Lake was a Sore..!!! Then found a maruti sales service station up a hill.!!! learnt that Rats had chewed off the water pipes from the water holder to the sprayer...got it fixed and changed the wiper blades..damn spent a lot.!!!

Had a Brrr.!!! shivering night...and got up early and left after a light breakfast. The guide had spoken about a route so treacherous that it was a challenge to go through it.

MASINAGUDI..!!!

One really needs to appreciate this road, you come down a few thousand feet in less than 20-30 minutes. I reached speeds exceeding 80, only to be left shivering at the next turn... enough is enough. This road is NOT for learners... Keep your speed minimum, let the oil burn, Control thru the gears. Brakes will fade in less than 3-5 Kms.

Once you come to the flat surface and look back you will appreciate the sheer drop that is covered by a road. Then it was a uneventful HOT HOT ride through bandipur, nanjangud, mysore and bangalore. Reached Sunday evening. What a stressbuster.

PS - My exams were scheduled friday, sat,sund 3-5PM. i really beat the Stress.

PS PS - This trip was purely unintentional and i have no clue how i pulled it off..its just on of those instinct trips I did in my life...so please do not expect my statistics from me... i just filled my tank and went off on a trip... i have lot more coming your way.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Post Edited. Smilie usage is restricted to two per post on Team-BHP. Please refrain from using excessive smilies.

Last edited by Technocrat : 14th March 2008 at 15:59.
Old 14th March 2008, 16:15   #2
BHPian

Was a good trip indeed

That was nice quick trip, though unplanned. I am waiting to do a similar excercise very soon from chennai to yercaud. Will update of the same.

By the way when are your exams? Have you missed them?
Old 14th March 2008, 16:17   #3
Team-BHP Support

Sometimes the best trips are the ones which are taken up on the spur of the moment. Thats what i believe in.
Old 14th March 2008, 16:24   #4
BHPian

Good one. Good that your instinct always said go ahead and never said enuf is enuf .. get back to studies!!

What are you planning to do with the exams anyway?
Old 15th March 2008, 21:06   #5
Senior - BHPian

needed a promotion

i needed a promotion to a asst manager with a MBA. Got that

this happened last year
Old 17th March 2008, 19:02   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
Got into a nice place around 12'o clock and took a guide and drove around a few tea estates and some nice view points. Botanical garden was a treat for the eye... Lake was a Sore..!!!
Any pictures? I would love to see or did you leave the camera at home as this was a spontanteous trip?

Quote:
One really needs to appreciate this road, you come down a few thousand feet in less than 20-30 minutes. I reached speeds exceeding 80, only to be left shivering at the next turn... enough is enough. This road is NOT for learners...
Jesus - wow! I guess that really let you forget about your exams

Quote:
i needed a promotion to a asst manager with a MBA. Got that
Congratulations!
Old 18th March 2008, 20:53   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOne® View Post
Any pictures? I would love to see or did you leave the camera at home as this was a spontanteous trip?
!
yeah, kinda spontaneous, but always the battery;s charged and ready, so just had to pop them inside my bag, Am still waiting for Pics eligibility. I havent seriously tried out online albums, never needed it
Old 19th March 2008, 01:00   #8
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the promotion,Santosh!
Boy..that was quite a trip.. I've had the urge to do such trips,but never really got down to doing it.
Old 18th April 2008, 12:59   #9
BHPian

Superp attitude.....once decided or desired ....just go and get it...no second thoughts..... very good insticnt...l like it as i lag it.
Old 18th April 2008, 14:35   #10
BHPian

Hey Santosh. I love all the places you visited. Must have been relieving. I so badly wanna do something like that. Sick of working.
Old 23rd April 2008, 19:18   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swift8847 View Post
Hey Santosh. I love all the places you visited. Must have been relieving. I so badly wanna do something like that. Sick of working.
talk about it!!

Did one more, not exactly off the butt, but with less than 7days of planning

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ra-munnar.html

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks