Team-BHP > Travelogues

Search this Thread
Old 19th March 2008, 06:44   #1
BHPian

Suryalanka: Beach Resort

Hello Guys

Finally my long awaiting travelogue on Suryalanka beach resort which I have done in the month of Feb

Quick Facts:
1)Book the resort @ Ap tourism at least 10 days prior , its always full on weekends!
2)Get your own booze {for the alcoholics}
3)two routes from Hyd
A) Hyd-Vijayawada[NH9] --> Vijayawada-Guntur-Chilakaluripet{NH5} take left and towards Chirala - Bapatla [ 381 Km] , from 30Km before Vijaywada till chilakaluripet excellent road 6 lane then state road starts which is very good without any potholes but be prepared for speed breakers
B)Hyd-Vijayawada {NH9}-
Vijayawada -Guntur{NH5}
Guntur - Bapatla{ state road } via Chebrolu,ponnur [350km] road is good but a 2 lane one without dividers

We tried to book for the Suryalanka beach resort a week earlier , with no lady luck showering on us , we were told at the AP tourism that its fully booked on Sat , we asked for Sun , they were available so we booked for Sunday .

Our plan was to spend Sat n Sun at Suryalanka , now that Sat is gone, we didn't want to waste the sat , so I searched and found that there is another beach near to Bapatla named Chirala . we found that there is a cottage at chirala beach called Sip and Dip, we guys decided to leave on sat early morning and reach Chirala beach by afternoon , spend the night at chirala and leave for Suryalanka beach resort sunday early morning and spend the whole day and night at suryalanka.

8 Guys
2 cars [ Santro and 800]
DAY 1
we started from Hyd around 5 Am till the dawn the route to vijayawada is a nightmare,chaotic,volvo guys leaving the traffic rules to hell driving like maniacs, till the dawn my fingers were never off the dipper, I hate VOLVOS,APSRTC atleast truck drivers were decent. we halted at Chityalahit for breakfast around 7am since we were not in a hurry we took our own sweet time. our stops were Suryapet,Vijayawada , till 30 km before vijayawada it was a 2 lane road after that 6 lane ouuuuu, I loved the driving on those roads! we headed for Guntur then chilakaluripet take left at chilakaluripet and ask for chirala one straight road , again from chilakaluripet to chirala its a 2 lane straight road, the roads were good without any potholes, watch for the speedbreakers now and then. we reached Chirala by afternoon and only accomodation available was SIP and DIP cottages who charged 850/- for a 2 bedroom one , it was decent but not great , good for spending a night , later we realised that its not an ideal one for families , since we were all males so no issues, you get good prawns at this cottage, we had bon fire arranged in the cottage, after lunch we started boozing and the beach was at a stones throw hardly 50 metres. thought it stinked it was nice.
night we had bon fire, booze and dance we went to beach at 2 am started boozing at the beach, nobody to question it was great !

DAY2

Got up early in the morning and started for Suryalanka beach at 8am and reached suryalanka by 10 , it was amazing , the resort was pretty big , clean and neat and safe , since it was run by AP TOURISM. again booze time , and we told the service guy to arrange for Bon fire near the beach. boozed till evening , played at the beach started the bonfire by 7pm , had a great time boozing , dancing, near the beach with bonfire till 11 pm , end of the day and decided to leave for Hyd at 4am .

got up by 4am and started for Hyd at 5am and reached by 1pm halting at suryapet and vijayawada and other places for smoke and tea.

Find more pics @ Picasa Web Albums - Wish-Master

Adios
Romyeo
Attached Thumbnails
Suryalanka: Beach Resort-img_1540.jpg  

Suryalanka: Beach Resort-img_1546.jpg  

Suryalanka: Beach Resort-img_1547.jpg  

Suryalanka: Beach Resort-img_1925.jpg  

Suryalanka: Beach Resort-img_1550.jpg  

Suryalanka: Beach Resort-img_1583.jpg  

Suryalanka: Beach Resort-img_1584.jpg  

Suryalanka: Beach Resort-img_1585.jpg  

Suryalanka: Beach Resort-img_1586.jpg  

Suryalanka: Beach Resort-img_1587.jpg  

Suryalanka: Beach Resort-img_1588.jpg  

Suryalanka: Beach Resort-img_1589.jpg  

Suryalanka: Beach Resort-img_1625.jpg  

Suryalanka: Beach Resort-img_1648.jpg  

Suryalanka: Beach Resort-img_1698.jpg  

Suryalanka: Beach Resort-img_1776.jpg  

Suryalanka: Beach Resort-img_1795.jpg  

Suryalanka: Beach Resort-img_1799.jpg  

Last edited by .anshuman : 19th October 2010 at 22:27. Reason: Some Pics removed. Please see Team-BHP Rule #11. Future violations will attract infraction. Thanks
romyeo4u is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th March 2008, 06:54   #2
BHPian

The Pics Continue , the pics are in random order for detailed description go to Picasa Web Albums - Wish-Master
Attached Thumbnails
Suryalanka: Beach Resort-img_1926.jpg  

Suryalanka: Beach Resort-img_1935.jpg  

Suryalanka: Beach Resort-img_1937.jpg  

Suryalanka: Beach Resort-img_1938.jpg  

Suryalanka: Beach Resort-img_1940.jpg  

Suryalanka: Beach Resort-img_1942.jpg  

Suryalanka: Beach Resort-img_1949.jpg  

Suryalanka: Beach Resort-img_1979.jpg  

Suryalanka: Beach Resort-img_2055.jpg  

Suryalanka: Beach Resort-img_2056.jpg  

Suryalanka: Beach Resort-img_2086.jpg  

Suryalanka: Beach Resort-img_2094.jpg  

Last edited by .anshuman : 19th October 2010 at 22:34. Reason: Removed picture showing dangerous driving.
romyeo4u is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th March 2008, 10:33   #3
Senior - BHPian

Nice find and report, I hope the santro didnt get stuck in the sand

Some of the pictures are extremely well shot, Ilike the one with the "sun in the hand"
Old 19th March 2008, 10:52   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
Nice find and report, I hope the santro didnt get stuck in the sand

Some of the pictures are extremely well shot, Ilike the one with the "sun in the hand"
infact It did ! , and battery went off , 8 people couldn't push it , what ever we boozed ,gone with the wind a few minutes, after struggling for half hour we were able to push it out of the sand, started boozing afresh cheers:
Old 19th March 2008, 13:45   #5
Senior - BHPian

Nice Travelogue and excellent pics...

Abhi
Old 19th March 2008, 13:52   #6
Senior - BHPian

The santro is not that heavy that 8 ppl couldnt push it. I hope you all were not sitting inside and trying to push. The alcohol has some detrimental effects, you see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by romyeo4u View Post
infact It did ! , and battery went off , 8 people couldn't push it , what ever we boozed ,gone with the wind a few minutes, after struggling for half hour we were able to push it out of the sand, started boozing afresh cheers:
Old 19th March 2008, 16:04   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Nice report and pictures and a great find. I am surprised to find a beach within 400km from Hyderabad. Is it safe at Suryalanka to go with family? Hope there are lot of other similar crowd present there? Or is it lonely?

Can you post some pictures of the suryalanka resort, inside room view and costing?
Old 19th March 2008, 16:51   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Is it safe at Suryalanka to go with family? Hope there are lot of other similar crowd present there? Or is it lonely?
Suryalanka is much safer than the other beach we went (Vodarevu), near the beach its the only resort and it's run by AP Tourism, resort is pretty big, clean and decent,on weekends the cottages are almost full ,mostly family crowd can be seen. adjacent to the resort there is Suryalanka Airforce base station

I think there are 8 AC cottages (Double bed) and it costs 1050/- per cottage
6 are non AC I guess they are somewhere around 800/-
Check in is 9AM.

Few more pics of the resort
Attached Thumbnails
Suryalanka: Beach Resort-img_1794.jpg  

Suryalanka: Beach Resort-img_1795.jpg  

Suryalanka: Beach Resort-img_1798.jpg  

Suryalanka: Beach Resort-img_1940.jpg  

Suryalanka: Beach Resort-img_2040.jpg  

Last edited by romyeo4u : 19th March 2008 at 16:54. Reason: Typo
romyeo4u is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2008, 17:00   #9
BHPian

Quote:
The santro is not that heavy that 8 ppl couldnt push it. I hope you all were not sitting inside and trying to push. The alcohol has some detrimental effects, you see.
Good one dadu!

What were you/your friend intending to do leaning out of the window in one of the pics?
Old 19th March 2008, 22:11   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mission_Safari View Post
Good one dadu!

What were you/your friend intending to do leaning out of the window in one of the pics?
We were recording the other car in handycam and exchange the handycams
Old 19th March 2008, 22:13   #11
BHPian

Quote:
, but it it got stuck deeply , we have to remove the sand make way and push it , we weren't in a inebriated state though !
Old 20th March 2008, 10:46   #12
BHPian

Nice pix ! Thanks for sharing !

Regards
Rex
Old 19th December 2008, 12:35   #13
BHPian

I planned to visit both Suryalanka and Vodarevu at Chirala but had missed both due to time constraints. Been till Inkollu, Chirala around the same time you went. Been to vodarevu around 14 years ago. Things have changed a lot. Thanks for sharing.
Old 19th December 2008, 14:56   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
We were recording the other car in handycam and exchange the handycams
oh man thats dangerous , i am sure you have a nice time but thats safety that just went out of the window..
Old 19th December 2008, 15:25   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
, but it it got stuck deeply , we have to remove the sand make way and push it , we weren't in a inebriated state though !
Yeah, very true. If you were, the santro would have gone crashing into something.

Guys, it was stuck in the sand, that could require a few hands.

Most Viewed