Team-BHP > Travelogues

Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2008, 10:39   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlustindia View Post
Are you talking about the one that you need to take from Pen when you get off the NH-17 and head towards Khopoli. If yes, this road was in bad shape last year. However, it must be good now, since work was underway at that point in time.
No. This is much before Pen. Dunno the exact place, but I know its 7kms from the Kamat hotel in Nagothane. I know because we went all the way to Kamat, had our lunch and turned back .

Its the SH road marked 92 on the map below. The one you are talking about is marked 87 (SH87). SH 92 is in pretty good condition except for some patches.

Yahoo! India Maps

Last edited by spadival : 22nd April 2008 at 10:47. Reason: more info
Old 22nd April 2008, 11:00   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival View Post
No. This is much before Pen. Dunno the exact place, but I know its 7kms from the Kamat hotel in Nagothane. I know because we went all the way to Kamat, had our lunch and turned back .

Its the SH road marked 92 on the map below. The one you are talking about is marked 87 (SH87). SH 92 is in pretty good condition except for some patches.

Yahoo! India Maps
Guys, No need for maps, because you two are living maps!!!

How do you manage to remember all this??? Bravo!!!!
Old 22nd April 2008, 11:12   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy_lover View Post
Guys, No need for maps, because you two are living maps!!!

How do you manage to remember all this??? Bravo!!!!
Travel! Travel! Travel!

In case you plan a travel to Gujarat, MP, UP, Maharashtra (most regions) and Rajasthan, I have first-hand info. wanderlustindia is there at your service

I hope I am not digressing too far away from the topic. Well, in fact, I think I am
Old 26th April 2008, 13:17   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlustindia View Post
From NaviMumbai, you must plan to have b'fast at Kamat's on NH-17, probably 10 odd kms from Panvel. They serve excellent breakfast.

In Diveagar, you will have to rely on the locals for food. There is a guy called 'Patil' who runs a lunch home. Its called 'Patil's Khanavale', pretty much the sole provider of food in that region. Make sure you are there in time, else if they run out of stock, it would be tough to find a place to have food.

Hi ,

Thanks for the details .. I plan to leave early morning as i do on all my trips .. Halt at Kamat's ( stopped when i went to Harnai , Dapoli last time ) then to Harihareshwar , Diveghar . .

Trust the MTDC is a good place , i have heard it is right on beach .

Regards.. Kat
Old 26th April 2008, 21:03   #35
BHPian

Guys ,

I tried hard but could not get Exotica number. So booked MTDC harihshwar. How do i go to Divegar from there and how many kms from there .

What i have understood from the route is take a right to goregoan and then ahead .

Regards.. Kat
Old 27th April 2008, 09:48   #36
BHPian

Thanks .. Let me start with that .. Its some very useful information for me in this thread .. U guys are gonna make my weekends amazin .. Now its jus gonna be the waiting game for my car to come ..

Keep these info coming ..

cheers:
Old 27th April 2008, 09:57   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kARTIK IYER View Post
Guys ,

I tried hard but could not get Exotica number. So booked MTDC harihshwar. How do i go to Divegar from there and how many kms from there .

What i have understood from the route is take a right to goregoan and then ahead .

Regards.. Kat
I think when you reach Borli village, after passing main market road straight goes to Shrivardhan, Harihareshvar. IF you you take right then you reach Dive Agar.
for your help
[FONT=Arial][COLOR=#810081]http://wikimapia.org/352757[/COLOR][/FONT]
Old 27th April 2008, 11:18   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kARTIK IYER View Post
Guys ,

Regards.. Kat
Shorter route to go to Harihareshwar would be to take a right turn in Mangaoan as already outlined in this thread. I think MTDC Harihareshwar to Divegar would be atleast 1 hours drive. I havent gone to Divegar, but I have driven from Harihareshwar to Shrivardhan which took about 30 mins.
Old 28th April 2008, 10:12   #39
BHPian

Yeah I also faced same problem as diveagar MTDC was not listed in MTDC website for online booking . I ended up stying in MTDC hari hareshwar. from there dive agar is close to an hour's drive. Road till srivardhan is great. But from srivardhan to dive agar its very very patchy most of the time, BUT you got to c fantastic landscape, here. U drive on hills and on other side its a n opne sea. Be carefull as there were hardly any markings or side wall on those cliffs. I would say just avoid it in night.

For exotica MTDC at dive agar try nivalink.com or exoticaresort.com
Old 1st May 2008, 09:41   #40
BHPian

Guys ,

I am back .. I stayed at MTDC H.hreshwar and spent 1 day / night there and then went to Diveagar . I must admit i found Diveagar better place , a virgin beach and Exotica looks good .

Exotica MTDC is belonging to the same owners as Exotica at Yeoor Hills Thane ( Good hangout place very beautiful interiors ) . If you serch Exotica in googlr you will find one .

So i will plan one more just diveagar next time . I will post the travelouge and pictures later .

Thanks for the info guys ...
Old 1st May 2008, 10:57   #41
Senior - BHPian

Dont think Exotica is an MTDC resort. Its probably an MTDC approved resort.

Here's their website: Pruthvi Development & Marketing Pvt. Ltd.
Old 9th May 2008, 09:41   #42
BHPian

For those who wish to visit Diveagar, here are the contact numbers of Prathmesh Resort.

Landline: 02147224602/02147224088
Mobile: 9421966331/9421925796

The resort is about a km away from the beach.
Old 9th May 2008, 13:45   #43
BHPian

@wanderlustindia, thanks for that information. Much appreciated. So, its not a beach resort, correct?? Asking as you said beach would be like a km away.

Old 9th May 2008, 14:46   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mushroomz View Post
@wanderlustindia, thanks for that information. Much appreciated. So, its not a beach resort, correct?? Asking as you said beach would be like a km away.

Yes. you are right. Prathmesh is not a beach resort.

The Exotica resort (MTDC) is a beach resort. But bookings are tough to get. Full most of the time. I do not have the contact numbers for them.
Old 9th May 2008, 14:49   #45
Senior - BHPian

Exotica contact no's are in the website link I have posted above. But as WLI said, they are fully booked this weekend (and almost every weekend it seems !!)

Most Viewed