Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th March 2008, 10:31   #16
BHPian

Uk?!?

hey tanveer,

nice pics. and nice story. i am more of a binsar kinda guy rather than a nainital kinda guy!!

when i saw the thread, i also thought, "UK for a long weekend????"

sheesh - this dude is either nuts, or loaded or both!!!

i am pleased to see that you are not nuts, though i'm sure the loaded bit is correct!!!
Old 26th March 2008, 10:58   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bIte tHe bulLet View Post
i am pleased to see that you are not nuts, though i'm sure the loaded bit is correct!!!
Buddy I am a binsar kind of guy too(check out the Tirthan travelogue). But this time of the year Binsar sucks.
As for the loaded bit, if I was loaded I wouldn't be coaxing my aging indica(its almost done 100,000kms) to the ends of the world
Old 26th March 2008, 11:08   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Buddy I am a binsar kind of guy too(check out the Tirthan travelogue). But this time of the year Binsar sucks.
As for the loaded bit, if I was loaded I wouldn't be coaxing my aging indica(its almost done 100,000kms) to the ends of the world

aha.... but then that can be a ruse to throw the IT sleuths off your back eh?

p.s my faith in mankind has been restored - i'm GLAD you're a binsar kinda guy!!! LOL
Old 26th March 2008, 12:13   #19
Senior - BHPian

Nice pictures & travelogue Tanveer! Though have to say NH-24 is not as bad as you describe, ok there's an accident every 20-30kms or so, yes there are mad Tractor & Truck-wallahs with their vehicles stuffed with so much sugarcane that can't see anything on their sides or hear the honking of vehicles behind or even climb a 5 degree incline! Yes, there are animals & ADV's galore, unmarked diversion, still under-construction (Yeah, shocking!) flyovers with no markings on them! But it's not all bad!!

P.S. And yeah deadline for the 4-laning of the Hapur-Moradabad stretch has been extended to Mar '09 from Mar '08 by NHAI! So here's to another year of life on the edge motoring! Hellalujah, till the next extension I suppose!

Last edited by iraghava : 26th March 2008 at 12:15.
Old 26th March 2008, 12:30   #20
Senior - BHPian

Amazing pics Tanveer.!

Quote:
As for Nainital, it may be crowded blah blah, but that lake is special, and at night the charm of Nainital is special.
I myself like off beat places, and hate crowded hill stations, but Nainital is special. Its the only place I really really like in UK
I agree ,donno why but thats one hill station i can visit again and again And again.
Every 2-3 months me and some of my friends go there just for the weekend.
Old 26th March 2008, 12:44   #21
Senior - BHPian

Tanveer, excellent narrative, great pics & a catchy title. I was wondering....."Wow, first a US holiday, now a UK one" and then I saw the opening post......

I seriously wonder if NH24 will ever be a NH like the others....something or the other is always coming up & I think its probably in more of a mess now than what it was 3 or 4 years ago?

The only good thing about it, of course, is Moradabad....and Ishan
Old 26th March 2008, 12:47   #22
Senior - BHPian

lovely travelogue and pics bro. I belong to UK Dehradun to be precise, and you made me feel really nostalgic
Old 18th April 2008, 12:40   #23
BHPian

Excellent pictures....Amazed by the clarity.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks