Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th April 2008, 19:19   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
1) You need a special practice in reverse driving man.
2) Drive more in the inclines and you will learn on how to hold on to your wheel.
I fully agree with all of you guys. I need some more experience. But then, except for that one encounter where Indica cabbie scared me for life, I did rest of the ghat very comfortably. Even reverse driving is not such a problem for me in normal situations like parking and in city driving etc. I guess, these things we learn only when we encounter them?

@Rotorhead
Very true. Even traffic cops were very cooperative. Everytime I had some problem, I used to stop near a traffic cop and ask for directions.

@kicksperliter
Plan your trip very well. I suggest, start your trip very early around 5:30 am. Reach Ooty by 12 pm and on same day you can do local sightseeing like Botanical Garden, Rose Garden, Doddabetta, Ooty Lake etc.

On 2nd day, if you start early, you can easily cover Coonoor Sim's Park, Lamb's Rock, Dolphin's Nose, and Kotagiri Kodanad View. Come back to Ooty and you can do some boating at Pykara Lake.
Old 22nd April 2009, 15:01   #17
BHPian

Nice travelogue.

I am visiting Ooty in May. Can you give info on Lakeview Hotel? Is it good? The rooms and bathrooms are clean?
Old 22nd April 2009, 17:40   #18
Senior - BHPian

Whoa...a one year old travelogue reviewed.

@ashwinsid: You can send a pm to Bombatt about the same. He will respond to you. He may not see this travelogue...My opinion.
Old 16th September 2009, 11:55   #19
Senior - BHPian

Advice needed on Spark doing 36 hairpin bends!!

Hi,

Am planning to travel to Ooty in a Spark with 5 adults plus luggage....I am apprehensive that itll be a difficult 36 hairpin climb to Ooty with such a load on board.

What do you guys think? Is it difficult? In that case, Ill just take my friends car as well, and divide the load between 2 cars. Please advice!
Old 16th September 2009, 12:06   #20
BHPian

Bombatt nice travelogue, nice photos and narration always refreshes memories of the time spent in Ooty.Keep the good work going, drive safe
Old 16th September 2009, 12:50   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
Hi,

Am planning to travel to Ooty in a Spark with 5 adults plus luggage....I am apprehensive that itll be a difficult 36 hairpin climb to Ooty with such a load on board.

What do you guys think? Is it difficult? In that case, Ill just take my friends car as well, and divide the load between 2 cars. Please advice!
5 adults plus luggage in a Spark climbing the 36 hairpin bend will strain the engine IMO. I suggest you take the Gudalur route which does not have many steep climbs. But its longer by about 25kms.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks