Team-BHP > Travelogues

Search this Thread
Old 13th April 2008, 02:39   #46
Senior - BHPian

well...those are some nice photos of the ECR, is there a plan for a mega drive to pondy, shortly?? if so, the here is a proud citizen of the french city to join...
Old 13th April 2008, 20:32   #47
BHPian

Hi ,

I just visited chennai and had taken my friends car to pondicherry and went via ECR .. Absoulte stunning road .. It is so scenic and the condition of the road is also good . My wife and kids all avid travellers by road just loved the splendid drive by the coast which just refuses to leave you for a good stretch .
Old 19th March 2011, 09:10   #48
BHPian

Re: ECR Images

I have seeing the posts on this thread and looks like for the majority, the ECR is logically over in pondicherry although the fact is that it extends all the way down to Kanyakumari. I covered the stretched from MAhabalipuram to Rameshwaram on a bike and that was a wonderful experience.
The road is simply excellent.
the traffic is non-existent.
There are stretches where the road passed within 100m of the ocean.

The road and the drive is highly recommended.
Old 19th March 2011, 09:38   #49
BHPian

Re: ECR Images

Very nice pictures and brought back all the old memories when we were staying at Kalpakkam. Used to take this road frequently to Chennai & back. You should've taken some pictures at night with the shining reflectors on both sides of the road. It looks as if earthen lamps are lit on both sides of the road, really beautiful at night..

Most Viewed