Team-BHP > Travelogues

Search this Thread
Old 10th April 2008, 10:19   #1
BHPian

A Drive to Mulshi Lake

Hi all,

Since I moved to pune couple of months back, a weekend drive to near by places or picnic spots has become a un said rule at home. Getting out of city is an absolute breeze and one can reach places like mulshi lake or panshet dam in just 40-50 mins. This is remarkable compared to Mumbai, where one needs to spend that much time to just reach some out skirts.

Mulshi lake is around 35-40 kms from the Chandni Chawk. Road leading to mulshi through Pirangut and Paud is narrow but a fantastic tarmac to drive. The same route connects to Mumbai-Goa highway at mangoan after the tamhini ghat. I will be taking that route to harihareshwar in my next outing.

Mulshi is a vast expanse of water body surrounded by hill and a favorite spots for bird watchers and photographers. On the way to mulshi one can see a small lake (dont know the name), just after crossing Bhugaon. One can find loads of people enjoying their weekend at Manas resort situated there itself.

I saw many small hotels and resorts around mulshi area but have no idea how they are as I never been to one. Over all its an excellent place for photography, getting close to nature. Fortunately till now I havent seen any plastic garbage near most of the points i had been to. Hope this place remains as pure and clean as it seems now.

I guess it will be fantastic place to visit after rains and one can see a completely different landscape after rains. Hope to keep making many more trips like these in my cedia . Ok finally its time for some pictures. Enjoy the place.
Attached Thumbnails
A Drive to Mulshi Lake-manas101.jpg  

A Drive to Mulshi Lake-mulshi1.jpg  

A Drive to Mulshi Lake-mulshi2.jpg  

A Drive to Mulshi Lake-mulshi3.jpg  

A Drive to Mulshi Lake-mulshi4.jpg  

1000Horses is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2008, 10:32   #2
Senior - BHPian

Extremely nice pictures and landscape. I love the different colours whcih have come up well.

Specifically the second one with the white moon on blue sly and lots of colours at the ground level too.
Old 10th April 2008, 10:43   #3
Senior - BHPian

yes. The pictures are damn good. is it raw? Looks too good for a raw Amazing pictures. What camera?
Old 10th April 2008, 10:44   #4
BHPian

Wow nice Pictures, I am living in Pune and was not aware that it is so beautiful. Would love to make a trip soon to Mulsi Lake.
Old 10th April 2008, 10:50   #5
BHPian

Wonderful pictures 1000 horses. I would be grateful if you could tell me the way from Mumbai. Moreover, is it on the Mumbai - Goa highway or Mumbai - Nasik as manas resort is based at Igatpuri (I think).
Old 10th April 2008, 11:08   #6
Team-BHP Support

Kavesh, it is beyond Pune. We have a Manas resort here as well. Its about 30 kms from Pune in the direction of Mahad.
Old 10th April 2008, 11:18   #7
Senior - BHPian

Excellent pics.. Been there a couple of times. But all the "trespassers beware" boards put up by Tata Power deterred us from going too close to the Lake.

You can go again in the rainy season. Do not miss the water falls.. they are just amazing !!
Old 10th April 2008, 11:20   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
yes. The pictures are damn good. is it raw? Looks too good for a raw Amazing pictures. What camera?
HI All,

Thanks for looking guys. Nope the posted are not raw, but these are shot in raw and converted to jpeg. Shot with Nikon D70s with 18-35mm/f3.5-4.5 and 85mm/f1.8 lens. That moon picture is blend of 2 different exposers to achieve high dynamic range (close to what our eye can see).

Kavesh, dont know a direct road from mumbai. And its not on mumbai nashik ro mumbai pune road, but yes u can take mumbai pune expressway and take exit at chandnichawk and then continue on paud road towards paud village. From chandni chawk its just 35 kms or so. Manas resort is just 5-6 km from chandni chawk. The first picture with boat and a jetty was shot at Manas resort.

Hope this helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival View Post
Excellent pics.. Been there a couple of times. But all the "trespassers beware" boards put up by Tata Power deterred us from going too close to the Lake.

You can go again in the rainy season. Do not miss the water falls.. they are just amazing !!
yeah I was also under the same impression in my first visit. But U can go further few more kilometers and these "trespassers" boards disappear.Yes i am looking forward to another visit in rains.

Last edited by Technocrat : 10th April 2008 at 15:38. Reason: Plese use Edit & Multiquote for back to back posts with quotes
Old 10th April 2008, 11:29   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1000Horses View Post
Kavesh, dont know a direct road from mumbai. And its not on mumbai nashik ro mumbai pune road, but yes u can take mumbai pune expressway and take exit at chandnichawk and then continue on paud road towards paud village. From chandni chawk its just 35 kms or so. Manas resort is just 5-6 km from chandni chawk.
I believe the Amby valley route from Lonavla connects up to the Mulshi road. Though I havent figured it out yet, I have read a couple of travelogues on the forum where people have ridden down from Lonavla. Anyway, its better if the route remains a secret. Dont want the Mumbaiker Lonavla Mongolian hordes launching an invasion on Mulshi Lake
Old 10th April 2008, 14:27   #10
BHPian

Great pictures, especially the first one. Thanks for sharing.

Regards
Rex
Old 10th April 2008, 14:48   #11
Senior - BHPian

Originally Posted by 1000Horses:
Quote:
On the way to mulshi one can see a small lake (dont know the name), just after crossing Bhugaon. One can find loads of people enjoying their weekend at Manas resort situated there itself.
It used to be known as 'Bhugaon Lake' going by name of village nearby 12-15 years back.

Few years back, Manas Resorts has got developed near that lake along with some other eating joints on other side of the lake. Manas resorts also have a Go-kart track.
Old 10th April 2008, 15:07   #12
Senior - BHPian

Super pics. I think you might have taken these pics during sunset right? Do post some more pics if you have taken...

Last edited by snaronikar : 10th April 2008 at 15:08.
Old 10th April 2008, 15:26   #13
Senior - BHPian

Mulshi is in the backyard of Lonavla, I dont know the "hidden track" from there though .

Coming from Bombay - better route would be via Bombay Goa highway to Tamini ghat - which again is picturesque. and then to Mulshi
Old 10th April 2008, 15:47   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
Super pics. I think you might have taken these pics during sunset right? Do post some more pics if you have taken...
yeah just before sunset and some of them after 10-15 mins of sunset. I find that the best time to shoot a landscape. Surely have many more, post them some time soon, need to process most of them.
Old 10th April 2008, 18:14   #15
BHPian

super pics! All of them. (pls post slightly larger size)

Most Viewed