Team-BHP - My Ooty Tour(highlighting Botannical Gardens)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Travelogues (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/)
-   -   My Ooty Tour(highlighting Botannical Gardens) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/38167-my-ooty-tour-highlighting-botannical-gardens.html)

I took a guided weekend tour to Ooty organized by TamilNadu Tourism Corp. and had a blast, the tour leaves Friday night and returns early Monday morning and costs Rs2300.00, meals , accomodation and sightseeing included!. In this thread i'm highlighting the Botannical Gardens , Ooty Valley and some extra pics from the tour.

Some more pics of the Botannical Gardens and pics of the TTDC bus and the delightful country road that bypasses Coimbatore and takes one directly to mettupalyam and Ooty. That actually was the highlight of the tour for me!.

Can you tell which road is this? Is this the part of the Gudalur - Ooty stretch which is recently laid or something else?

I dont remember doing this stretch.
Abhi

Ooty - scenes from Mt.Doddabetta area and pics of Ooty lake...

Quote:

Originally Posted by akroy (Post 790510)
Can you tell which road is this? Is this the part of the Gudalur - Ooty stretch which is recently laid or something else?

I dont remember doing this stretch.
Abhi

I think so!. I'm not too familiar with road and place names. It is a delightful stretch of road to drive or ride in. The scenery is awesome and traffic is sparse. Maybe someone else can fill us in on the details of this road!.

Some miscellaneous photos....the 2nd pic is taken from the bus on NH45 getting out of Chennai...the 1st and 3rd -5th pics are Ooty scenes...i will post some pics of the Ooty Valley later...i'm having a hard time uploading them now, for some strange reason!....

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickatnite (Post 790539)
I think so!. I'm not too familiar with road and place names. It is a delightful stretch of road to drive or ride in. The scenery is awesome and traffic is sparse. Maybe someone else can fill us in on the details of this road!.

Gudalur - Ooty ? Nope. This is most probably Gobi - Sathy Road. If he's coming from Chennai no way they are going to go to Gudalur. Its on the plains also.

Quote:

Originally Posted by csentil (Post 790665)
Gudalur - Ooty ? Nope. This is most probably Gobi - Sathy Road. If he's coming from Chennai no way they are going to go to Gudalur. Its on the plains also.

Ohh !! he has started from Chennai. Sorry my ignorance, I thought it is from Bangalore.

Abhi

Quote:

Originally Posted by akroy (Post 790817)
Ohh !! he has started from Chennai. Sorry my ignorance, I thought it is from Bangalore.

Abhi

We actually drove past Trichy and then drive a bit on the Trichy-Coimbatore Highway before branching off into this hidden treasure of a road!.I have more photos of this road that i will post tonite.

What? They went till Trichy ?? Now that's a bit more mystifying. So probably he did Chennai - Trichy - Kangeyam - Palladam - Avinashi - Mettupalayam ??

What? They went till Trichy ?? Now that's a bit more mystifying. So probably he did Chennai - Trichy - Kangeyam - Palladam - Avinashi -Annur - Mettupalayam

or

Trichy - Karur - Erode - Gobi - Sathy - Mettupalayam.

The place is as beautiful as it was 20 years ago.
Would definately love to visit again.

More Ooty pics. This set of the Ooty Valley , the country road off the Trichy-Coimbatore highway that leads to Mettupalayam. I got one great pic (the last one)of the country road.Luck, i guess 'cause all the other pics of the road are not that clear.The last but one pic is of the TamilNadu Tourism hotel i stayed at.