Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2010, 11:36   #76
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
CL, I amazed at each and every detail you remember even after a year and that too after detailing another travel to the core ! Great !
Thank you, Ampere. I tend to remember each and every detail of our journeys. How it's possible, I do not know!

This travelogue was pending for a pretty long time. I couldn't find enough time to finish it because of my Udaipur trip and the exhaustive travelogue on that trip. Now, when I thought that I can finally finish it, I am again getting busy with my impending roadtrip, down south.

Coming up later, our return journey to Pune!!
Old 19th April 2010, 18:10   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy_lover View Post
This travelogue was pending for a pretty long time.
You bet buddy. I have been thinking "Where is CL? Did he go on another trip?"

Do keep them coming and its been boring without hearing about your trips. I went through your Udaipur trip twice already and I am sure I wonrt mind going through the travelougue again.

Why dont you take some 15 days off and go plan for a trip to North India (Jammu and Kashmir)?. It would be a treat to watch mesmerizing JK through your lenses.

Last edited by ElantraGT : 19th April 2010 at 18:11.
Old 20th April 2010, 11:36   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElantraGT View Post
You bet buddy. I have been thinking "Where is CL? Did he go on another trip?"

Do keep them coming and its been boring without hearing about your trips. I went through your Udaipur trip twice already and I am sure I wonrt mind going through the travelougue again.

Why dont you take some 15 days off and go plan for a trip to North India (Jammu and Kashmir)?. It would be a treat to watch mesmerizing JK through your lenses.
Thanks a lot, my friend, for the comment and for taking time off to read my Udaipur log again and again.

I must say that it was my best effort in writing and photography till date! I still cannot understand how we managed to take 10,000 photos! And I find it even harder to comprehend how I managed to process and upload about 2000 photos in my travelogue!

Srinagar and Gulmarg are our dream destinations. Ever since I bought my Chevy Baby, I have been dreaming of going for a road trip to Srinagar. :-)

The trip to Udaipur was also a test of our endurance. I understood that I can cover about 1200 kms in a day through Guj & Rajasthan! So now, I have no worries in attempting a trip to JK.

Hey buddy, you just made me reveal my future plans! Before we go for our dream trip, we will buy some memory cards too, to capture all the breathtaking beauty of Kashmir in our camera!
Old 18th April 2016, 15:59   #79
BHPian

Kerala Road Trip - from Pune: Info requested

Hi Guys,
Planning a Kerala road trip from Pune,
Wanted advice on the Route,,

Please suggest which is better, and also if the planned drives are OK,
This is for total of 14 day road trip.

Any suggestion/recommendations for decent and reasonable hotels in the places covered would be a great help,

I am planning to start this in Oct Last week or Nov first week.
Full circuit is,

PUNE – BANGALORE – WAYANAD – MUNNAR – THEKKADY – KUMARKONAM – ALLEPEY – COCHIN - BANGALORE – PUNE,

ROUTE PLANNED:
Pune to Bangalore and Back – NH4

Bangalore to Wayanad: via NH 275 and NH212
-- Bangalore – Mysore – Nanjangudu – Gundalpete – Wayanad
Wayanad to Munnar: via NH 49
-- Wayanad – Thissur - Munnar
Munnar to Thekkady: via munnar-kumily hwy
Thekkady to Kumarkonam: via NH 220
Kumarkonam to Allepey: via Salem - Kochi - Kanyakumari Hwy
Allepey to Cochin: via Salem - Kochi - Kanyakumari Hwy
Cochin to Bangalore: via Salem - Kochi - Kanyakumari Hwy and NH 7
-- Cochin -Thissur – Palakkad – Salem – Krishnagiri – Hosur - Bangalore

These are from Google Maps,
I need recomendations/ alternate routes, facilities on the Roads etc.

Many Thanks,
Hemant_Joshi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2016, 15:39   #80
BHPian

Re: Kerala Road Trip - from Pune: Info requested

We did this in reverse actually. That way, while coming back from Wayanad, you dont need to go to Bangalore again and can join NH4 at Hiriyur. Route from Bangalore to Munnar via Karur, perundurai, dharapuram, udumalaipet. Return via Wayanad, gundlepet, mysore, huliyar, hiriyur and then Nh4
palitrana is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th April 2016, 19:22   #81
Team-BHP Support

Re: Kerala Road Trip - from Pune: Info requested

Quote:
Originally Posted by palitrana View Post
We did this in reverse actually. That way, while coming back from Wayanad, you dont need to go to Bangalore again and can join NH4 at Hiriyur. Route from Bangalore to Munnar via Karur, perundurai, dharapuram, udumalaipet. Return via Wayanad, gundlepet, mysore, huliyar, hiriyur and then Nh4
+1 Makes a lot of sense.

Pune-Bangalore-Salem-Munnar-Thekkady-Kumarakom-Allepy-Cochin-Calicut-Waynad-Mysore-Hubli-Pune
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2016, 09:34   #82
Senior - BHPian

Re: All Roads to Kerala

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemant_Joshi View Post
Hi Guys,
Planning a Kerala road trip from Pune,
Wanted advice on the Route,,

Please suggest which is better, and also if the planned drives are OK,
This is for total of 14 day road trip.

Any suggestion/recommendations for decent and reasonable hotels in the places covered would be a great help,

I am planning to start this in Oct Last week or Nov first week.

PUNE – (MANGALORE or BANGALORE) – WAYANAD – MUNNAR – THEKKADY – KUMARKONAM – APPEPEY – COCHIN – (MANGALORE or BANGALORE) – PUNE

Thanks,
Going via Bangalore is easy and less stressful,as opposed to the Mangalore route which would tire you out with narrow roads and work in progress at many sections,you would begin to crawl once you enter Kasargod. You could do Pune-Bangalore: 800kms/12-13hrs.
Bangalore Wayanad: 5hrs

Wayanad-Munnar-Kumily (Thekkady): 7-8hrs (in Kerala do not budget your drive times wrt distances,traffic is dense and speeds are low). Sarovar Poetree is a nice place to stay in Kumily.

Kumily is the town and Thekkady is where the national park is, around 3kms from Kumily town. Munnar has so many places to stay. If Thekkady is on your radar,make sure you book online the boat cruise else there is no way you would get on the boat,e specially with the vacation season on.Munnar to Thekkady can be done as a day trip also.

Thekkady-Kumarakom: 3hrs

Kumarakom-Alleppey: Kumarakom-Alleppey is more or less the same place from a sight seeing point of view. Stay in any of the resort,o pt for a day cruise on the houseboat and spend the rest of the time in the hotels or going around. Bear in mind that all houseboats come and berth themselves at 5pm and privacy, etc. can be an issue as its like a massive mall parking lot!

Alleppey-Kochi: Shouldnt take you more than 2 hrs. You can spend a day or two in Kochi, take the KTDC boat to go around Kochi. It's an easier and more beautiful way to explore Kochi than via the roads.

Kochi-Bangalore: Shouldn't take you more than 8hrs with stops. Take the nice road exit from Electronics City and connect straight to NH4 at Tumkur. If you don't have plans of staying in Bangalore, then I suggest stay at Electronics cCty and leave early next day, plenty of stay options at ECity or at Tumkur end - Hotel Naveen Regency - basic that's all. ECity would be a better option imo.

Bangalore-Pune: Same route as earlier in the reverse.

Note from Support: Post edited for grammar, spell-check & spacing.

Last edited by aah78 : 20th April 2016 at 19:58. Reason: Post split. Check -> All Roads to Kerala
Old 20th April 2016, 13:10   #83
BHPian

Thankyou Guys for the feedback.
I have made changes to the route as suggested,

Pune –Bangalore –Munnar – Thekkady – Kumarkonam – Allepey – Cochin – Wayanad – Hubli – Pune

Avoiding Bangalore would be good. The route suggested by You,
"Wayanad, Gundlupete, Mysore, Huliyar, Hiriyur" and then upto Hubli is 600 KMS, should be ok..
How about road conditions, does it have facilities ?

Thanks again,

Quote:
Originally Posted by palitrana View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
+1 Makes a lot of sense.

Pune-Bangalore-Salem-Munnar-Thekkady-Kumarakom-Allepy-Cochin-Calicut-Waynad-Mysore-Hubli-Pune
Thankyou Ranjitp1 for the valuable information, Will certainly help Me plan better. I will definitely keep these points in My mind.
I am still tweaking the route first, then will decide on accommodation, and then the activities/POI etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Going via Bangalore is easy and less stressful,as opposed to the Mangalore route which would tire you out with narrow roads and work in progress at many sections,you would begin to crawl once you enter Kasargod. You could do Pune-Bangalore :800kms/12-13hrs
Bangalore Wayanad: 5hrs.
Bangalore-Pune: Same route as earlier in the reverse.

Last edited by aah78 : 20th April 2016 at 19:59. Reason: Posts merged.
Old 20th April 2016, 13:45   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am still tweaking the route first, then will decide on accommodation, and then the activities/POI etc.
Coming to Bangalore from Pune and then going to Wayanad is not a great idea either. There are several turn-offs from NH4 that reach Mysore; surely it is better to take one of these to avoid Bangalore.
binand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2016, 14:29   #85
BHPian

Thanks binand,
Following couple of suggestions from other members, I have changed the route as follows,
Pune –Bangalore –Munnar – Thekkady – Kumarkonam – Allepey – Cochin – Wayanad – Hubli – Pune

This avoids Bangalore while returning to Pune,

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Coming to Bangalore from Pune and then going to Wayanad is not a great idea either. There are several turn-offs from NH4 that reach Mysore; surely it is better to take one of these to avoid Bangalore.
Old 20th April 2016, 15:52   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Kumarkonam – ,
I hope you are referring to Kumarakom.
Old 20th April 2016, 16:39   #87
BHPian

Yea, Kumarakom indeed,
My route is almost finalized, checking on Hotels now. Start from Oct-30-2016.
Leave from my Office is confirmed, waiting for my Bro-in-law to confirm,
Looking forward and hope this go across,

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
I hope you are referring to Kumarakom.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks