Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th April 2008, 15:55   #1
BHPian

Recent Coorg trip

Recently we planned and went for a coorg trip.

No of persons - 3.
Car - Zen estilo.
Total distance travelled - 650 km up and down the trip
Average mileage - 15 km.
Resort stayed - Capitol villiage resort.

Route travelled :
Bangalore Ramanagaram - Channapatna- Maddur - Mandya - Srirangapatnam - Hunsur - Piriyapatna - Kushalnagar - Suntikoppa - Madikeri (halt)

I went thru the previous blogs and researched on the home stays/resorts in and around Madekeri and found that Capitol Villiage resort would be the best bet and I booked in advance.

Day-1:

Started from my house in Padmanabanagar at 6 am. The weather was pleasent and was drizzling. Mysore road was just gearing up for the days traffic and we cruised at 120 kmph.
We passed Srirangapatna and took a U turn towords Hunsur road.

Our first stop was jsut before Hunsur at 8.30 am. We had prepared Sandwiches for breakfast and we hogged it as we all are hungry.

We touched the Mysore - Hunsur highway, the road was excellent and the laning work was going on.

The periyapatna road stretch was bad.

The next stop was at Bylakuppe, visited the golden temple and its worth a visit.

We were surpirsed to see such a big Tibetian settlement. Spent some one hour inside the monastry.

Just outside the Monastry was the shopping complex, where you can find some rare shopping articles like Gurka knifes, different types of hats etc. Spent some one hour there shopping. My watched ticked 11.30 am.

From Kushal nagar to Madekeri the roads are good except for the initial stretch. Reached the first Madekeri circle(General Kariappa circle), took a left for Capitol villiage resort. It was raining heavily and my zen's wiper was at full speed. The road to the resort was scenic and excellent.

Checked in at the resort, surprised to find the resort empty since its a Thursday afternoon.

Went to Hotel east end, just 6km from our resort. It is a old eatery and the food was excellent. All were hungry and had excellent food.

Went back to resort and slept till evening. Went for a stroll in the resort, its a nice place to hang out. The owner of the resort Mr. Ayanna was a nice chap and had good time with him.

Day - 2:

Woke up at 6.30 am, had local cusine break fast which was good.
Went to Omkareshwara temple. Had good darshan and its a nice place to visit. The temple architecture was of muslim style.

Next we went to Bhagamandla to see Triveni sangam. The drive and the road was excellent and the weather was sunny. The water at Triveni Sanagm was cool. Spent some 40 minutes there.

Then next we went to TalaCavery, had good Darshan and pooja of Cavery ma. Was astonished to find the river generating from such a small stream.

We returned back and had lunch at Hotel Eastend, which became a regular place for having lunch.

After lunch we went to Abey falls, I would say that its not worth to visit.

Returned back to resort and relaxed for the entire day.

Day - 3: We spent the entire day in the resort, just enjoying the nature and relaxing.

Day-4:

Checked out from the resort and started to Banaglore.
Tank filled at IOC - Extra premium.
It was raining heavily till Cavery Nisargdhama. Went inside the place and its was good and worth a visit. The entire peice of land is like a bamboo island.

Reached Banaglore by 6.30 pm.

The restort we stayed was good and most of our time during the trip was spent in the resort.

The Roads are also good except a few stretches.

The performance and compfort of Zen Estilo was excellent. Just worried about the mileage as it gave 15 km/litre.

NOTE: This is my first write up so kindly adjust.

Cheers,
SNB
Attached Thumbnails
Recent Coorg trip-dsc00303.jpg  

Old 15th April 2008, 18:27   #2
BHPian

Can you post some pictures of the resort?

East end is a nice place. Was there no food at the resort?
cheers:
Old 15th April 2008, 19:58   #3
Senior - BHPian

And how much did they charge ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by eclectix 1st View Post

cheers:
Old 15th April 2008, 20:39   #4
Senior - BHPian

Good one Snb77!

What was the accommodation charges and how many days before did you book?

And any more photos?
Old 16th April 2008, 08:32   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eclectix 1st View Post

cheers:

Yes, East is a nice place but always crowded.

Food was there in the resort too. As I went there on Thursday there is no occupency in the resort. Break fast and dinner we had at the resort, it was excelent. Lunch at east end as we go out and its on the way...

Cheers,
SNB
Old 16th April 2008, 08:36   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Good one Snb77!

What was the accommodation charges and how many days before did you book?

And any more photos?
Capitol villiage resort charges Rs 1250 for a cottage. The cottage was nice and sprawling with attached baths, a balcony to sit and enjoy.

I booked 1 week before the trip. Usually it gets filled during long weekends. They have 23 cottages and a couple of dormitories.

Cheers,
SNB
Old 16th April 2008, 11:02   #7
BHPian

What shall I say. I traveled to coorg on my Estilo and we too stayed at the same Capitol Resort and ate at Hotel East End. I wanted to write a travelogue but was hesitant for want of details. The total km that my Estilo did was 682 km but the mileage was 17km/litre the way up and 18km/lit on return. Still I plan to write my own travelogue soon with lots of photos. (might be identical to the one you have written)
Old 16th April 2008, 12:11   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonkayar View Post
What shall I say. I traveled to coorg on my Estilo and we too stayed at the same Capitol Resort and ate at Hotel East End. I wanted to write a travelogue but was hesitant for want of details. The total km that my Estilo did was 682 km but the mileage was 17km/litre the way up and 18km/lit on return. Still I plan to write my own travelogue soon with lots of photos. (might be identical to the one you have written)
Hi Simonkayar,

I really donno why my estilo gives only 15 km/lit. It has just run 2600 Km, will that be the reason? i use Speed or extra premium petrol, with A/C on most of the time and avg. speed is 100 - 130 kmph...any advise on this is much appreciated.
Old 16th April 2008, 13:13   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snb77 View Post
Hi Simonkayar,

I really donno why my estilo gives only 15 km/lit. It has just run 2600 Km, will that be the reason? i use Speed or extra premium petrol, with A/C on most of the time and avg. speed is 100 - 130 kmph...any advise on this is much appreciated.
Hi snb77,
How much does it give in the city. Mine gives 14 km/lit with 50% AC on and I forgot to tell you that the above averages (in coorg trip) were only with 40% AC on. And I have run close to 8k in the odo (urs is still in the run-in phase I guess). I also use 'Speed' petrol. Other than that I leave it to the experts for any piece of advice.
Old 16th April 2008, 15:39   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonkayar View Post
Hi snb77,
How much does it give in the city. Mine gives 14 km/lit with 50% AC on and I forgot to tell you that the above averages (in coorg trip) were only with 40% AC on. And I have run close to 8k in the odo (urs is still in the run-in phase I guess). I also use 'Speed' petrol. Other than that I leave it to the experts for any piece of advice.
Hi Simon,

In city i get an everage of 15 km/lit with 60 % A/C on.

I think during long trips your speed also counts in mileage. Since I drove at 100-130kmph it might consume more fuel. The ideal speed should be between 80 - 90kmph.

What speed you drive during long trips? whats the tyre preasure you will have?
Old 16th April 2008, 18:22   #11
Senior - BHPian

Nice write up. The pic is clean and clear. Could you also post the pictures and contact details so it would be useful to all visiting in this thread.
I am curious to see the pictures from resort. Do you have any pictures?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks