Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th April 2008, 11:24   #1
BHPian

Hari Hareshwar-Srivardhan-Diveagar: A trip Report

HI All,

Finally did this long pending trip. Before I start this trip report, i would like to especially thank our TBHPian 'wanderlustindia' and 'spadival' for all the help and detailed information about the place and route.

Trip to harihareshwar was long pending and after reading wanderlustindia's and spadival's trip reports I was even more eager to visit these close enough places. I immediately did the booking at MTDC resort for the earliest weekend available (that is 12-13 april). It was all booked till that time. So we did our prepration and we all set to go on sat morning (12th April). Me , my wife and my daughter was also accompanied by my In laws, so in all we are 4 adults and a little 4.5 yr girl.

The route finalized was pune-paud-tamhini-nizampur-mangoan-mhasla-srivardhan-harihareshawr. The engine started roaring at 6:30am sharp and soon we all made ourself comfortable and pushed off. Road till early part of tamhini was fantastic but after that it started deteriorating . One can only go at 30-40 kmph in most of this patch till the end of tamhini ghat.

before that we took couple of breaks to click few pictures of natural beauty at mulshi lake. The road via nizampur till mangoan was a fantastic tarmac. really enjoyed driving here. We then took a right to srivardhan within mangoan itself. Again this patch of road till mhasla was very good and infact its good beyond that till Nitene Ghat. After that one its was patchy again till srivardhan. One reaches at a T junction just at the out skirts of srivardhan, we took left for Hari Hareshwar, which is around 19kms from here. Again most of the road was fantastic tarmac with twist and turns. I throughly enjoyed driving most of the route. At last we reached our destination MTDC resort at hari hareshwar at 10:30am. It was extremly enjoyable 4 hrs journey with 4 small breaks including one for a quick breakfast. Total distance traveled (home to MTDC) was 164.8kms.

Best thing about resort was its location, just terrific. After the lunch we all took a good nap till 4pm and then got ready to go for hari Hareshwar temple. The best thing about it was the parikrama. Its just unforgettable. Havent seen such a wild sea from such a close distance (or just no distance).

Ok I will stop here for today, do enjoy the road and the place through some pictures. Will continue this further on srivardhan and diveagar tomorrow (ofcurse with pictures ).
Attached Thumbnails
Hari Hareshwar-Srivardhan-Diveagar: A trip Report-roadway2.jpg  

Hari Hareshwar-Srivardhan-Diveagar: A trip Report-roadway3.jpg  

Hari Hareshwar-Srivardhan-Diveagar: A trip Report-mtdc1.jpg  

Hari Hareshwar-Srivardhan-Diveagar: A trip Report-hareshwar3.jpg  

Hari Hareshwar-Srivardhan-Diveagar: A trip Report-hareshwar4.jpg  

Hari Hareshwar-Srivardhan-Diveagar: A trip Report-hareshwar5.jpg  

Hari Hareshwar-Srivardhan-Diveagar: A trip Report-hareshwar7.jpg  

Hari Hareshwar-Srivardhan-Diveagar: A trip Report-hareshwar8.jpg  

Hari Hareshwar-Srivardhan-Diveagar: A trip Report-roadway1.jpg  

Old 16th April 2008, 11:34   #2
BHPian

Beautiful pictures man. The sunset looks a stunner!
Old 16th April 2008, 12:22   #3
BHPian

Good Pictures

very good pictures 1000horses. Hoping to get more of the goodies.

One suggestion though, would appreciate if you can title the pictures.
cheers:
Old 16th April 2008, 13:09   #4
Senior - BHPian

@1000horses, My wife and I visited Diveagar and Srivardhan last weekend. We left late from Pune so reached by 5 pm in Diveagar. Our stay was in Srivardhan. Very nice beaches. Enjoyed thouroughly. Couldn't visit Harihareshwar.

I returned via NH17 and the e-way to Pune.
Old 16th April 2008, 14:12   #5
BHPian

Hi All ,

thanks for looking and ur comments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eclectix 1st View Post
One suggestion though, would appreciate if you can title the pictures.
cheers:
yeah I also thought so but could not figure out how to do that in these attachments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy_lover View Post
@1000horses, My wife and I visited Diveagar and Srivardhan last weekend. We left late from Pune so reached by 5 pm in Diveagar. Our stay was in Srivardhan. Very nice beaches. Enjoyed thouroughly. Couldn't visit Harihareshwar.

I returned via NH17 and the e-way to Pune.
yeah read ur travelogue in other thread. Drive from diveagar to srivardhan is fantastic. The road condition is terrible but the scenery all round the road is fantastic. The complete road runs parallel to sea on one side.
Old 16th April 2008, 14:38   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1000Horses View Post
Hi All ,

Drive from diveagar to srivardhan is fantastic. The road condition is terrible but the scenery all round the road is fantastic. The complete road runs parallel to sea on one side.
Yes, I felt quite nervous as it was 7 pm and quite dark. Driving along a huge cliff with sea on my right side was indeed frightening!! If I didn't have my Hella projectors, I wouldn't have even dared to do that!!

Looking forward to the rest of your travelouge.
Old 16th April 2008, 14:45   #7
Senior - BHPian

el fantastico pics. (20)
Old 16th April 2008, 16:56   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy_lover View Post
Yes, I felt quite nervous as it was 7 pm and quite dark. Driving along a huge cliff with sea on my right side was indeed frightening!! If I didn't have my Hella projectors, I wouldn't have even dared to do that!!

Looking forward to the rest of your travelouge.
Yeah true, and that too very few sign/warning boards in this patch. We finally dropped the idea of enjoying the sunset at diveagar beach and then drive back to harihareshwar. Instead, we started immediately after visiting temple/beach and lunch. But the view of open sea from those cliffs was mind blowing.
Old 16th April 2008, 17:00   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1000Horses View Post
Yeah true, and that too very few sign/warning boards in this patch. We finally dropped the idea of enjoying the sunset at diveagar beach and then drive back to harihareshwar. Instead, we started immediately after visiting temple/beach and lunch. But the view of open sea from those cliffs was mind blowing.
Scary too!!!

There are no side rails or concrete blocks to prevent accidents in that stretch. Although I saw some big rocks kept there, I am not convinced about its utility!!! One wrong turn and you end up 200 feet below in the sea!!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks