Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th April 2008, 11:20   #1
BHPian

Unusual Night Out in an Innova

Idea: It was a lonely Saturday evening 19th April 2008 - 10 pm at Hyderabad with no one for company. So thought of hitting the Highways.

Plan: First thing came on my mind was touching Nagpur and returning. But I needed to be back home by 9 am Sunday Next Day, as my wife would reach home by then (from Airport Shift Duty).

10 Hours was all I got and 400 Kms all I could.

Then thought of Bidar Fort. Then I thought as that area would be unsafe in the dead of night and I would be all alone, why take risks?

Finally I decided for touching Kamat's enroute Sholapur on NH9.

Start: The Hyderabad traffic was as usual a pain and it was 11.30 by the time I reached the Sangareddy Toll Gate.

The onward journey was very pleasant and quick with cool breeze (chilling sometimes) flowing. Reached Kamats at 1 am. It was closed. (Sholapur was only 120 Kms away.) There was nothing interesting there anyways and every Km I would inch forward meant 6 minute travel time load on the entire journey.

Return: So U Turn and managed to find a decent Dhaba to have dinner. After dinner, as Usual 'doze driving' - Milestones looking like jaywalkers etc. Saw 5 accidents on the road. Esp Trucks Hitting each other and behind. Back home and back in bed at 5 am.

Experiences: The Volvo Buses &%$@!!*, I dont have words to express. They just come from behind as if whispering into your ear and wobble down into the darkness ahead. The way they overtake....How do the drivers manage headlight glare from opposite vehicles. Do their drivers have genetically modified eye-retina or something? And How they brake without skidding off the road?

Next Plan: Guys please highlight good Tourist Spots along the route I took. Is Bidar Fort and Karanga Reservoir worth going next time?
Attached Thumbnails
Unusual Night Out in an Innova-dsc01524.jpg  

Unusual Night Out in an Innova-dsc01533.jpg  

Unusual Night Out in an Innova-dsc01535.jpg  

Unusual Night Out in an Innova-dsc01540.jpg  

Unusual Night Out in an Innova-dsc01541.jpg  

Unusual Night Out in an Innova-dsc01542.jpg  

Unusual Night Out in an Innova-dsc01544.jpg  

Unusual Night Out in an Innova-dsc01546.jpg  

Unusual Night Out in an Innova-dsc01547.jpg  

Attached Images

btirthankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2008, 11:37   #2
BHPian

Tiru, what is the current odo reading on your Innova? I am amazed at the amount of driving you are capable of
Old 20th April 2008, 12:11   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitB View Post
Tiru, what is the current odo reading on your Innova? I am amazed at the amount of driving you are capable of
Yeah Driving allows me to explore India and test my endurance. I like exploring my country so much that I dont take interest in visiting tourist spots when I'm abroad.

My Cars nearing 3000 kms in 12 weeks into ownership.
btirthankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2008, 20:34   #4
Senior - BHPian

Interesting to read through the post, reminded me of my days of traveling to have just dinners.... Me and friends on bikes... keep it up.cheers:
Old 20th April 2008, 20:51   #5
Senior - BHPian

Headlights look ok OE?

Volvo drivers sit higher than you and hence. How come you miss them speeding down on you at night? And the max they can do is 120 right??
Old 20th April 2008, 21:14   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Headlights look ok OE?

Volvo drivers sit higher than you and hence. How come you miss them speeding down on you at night? And the max they can do is 120 right??
No Headlights are 90/100.

I drive without door mirrors opened most of the times. Its an old habit u can say.
Old 20th April 2008, 21:18   #7
BHPian

Short and simple write-up.Liked it lots. keep it up buddy. And yah... someone ever seen how those volvo drivers move the mamoth?? As if they are driving M800 or something..hehe
Old 20th April 2008, 21:23   #8
BHPian

This post remembers me of my college days. During night group study, from coimbatore we will just go till Barliyar in our bikes (enroute to ooty) have tea and come back.
Safe and happy driving to you.
Old 20th April 2008, 21:44   #9
BHPian

Bidar fort, i don't know (even though I studied for 4 years within 40Kms of Bidar) but there is a famous temple of lord narayan to reach it you must traverse through waist/chest (depending on your height) deep water in a cave. I think its called narayan jharna or something.
Old 21st April 2008, 08:43   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Basu, that was a nice impromptu drive. However, be careful while driving late in the night as most accidents happen due to dozing.
Old 21st April 2008, 09:19   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Basu, that was a nice impromptu drive. However, be careful while driving late in the night as most accidents happen due to dozing.
I understand and thats why I stop several times, and drive at 40 kmph when I am dead sleepy.

I saw many accident sites after Sangareddy. I guess the Sangareddy Toll is used to fund and run ambulances and cranes for accidents happening due to diversions and invisible road dividers.
Old 21st April 2008, 10:36   #12
Senior - BHPian

That explains your not noticing the Volvo's

Quote:
Originally Posted by btirthankar View Post

I drive without door mirrors opened most of the times. Its an old habit u can say.
Old 21st April 2008, 11:28   #13
BHPian

Nice writeup. Next time you want to go for a drive, try Vikarabad. The road's better and you won't waste time in city traffic.
Old 21st April 2008, 11:46   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by midlifecrisis View Post
Nice writeup. Next time you want to go for a drive, try Vikarabad. The road's better and you won't waste time in city traffic.
Thanx for suggesting but ain't getting directions on google. But any good place to see there or a good eatery or something?
Old 21st April 2008, 13:58   #15
BHPian

Good write-up . It indeed talks about your passion to drive and cruise on highways from your idea to drive alone and in the night and with no specific reason but to satisfy your urge for a long long drive ..

Hat's off buddy ...

Regards.. Kat

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks