Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2008, 00:58   #16
Senior - BHPian

Oh Srini! The pics are awesome and being a Vizagite just cant tell you how good it feels to see the Araku Valley in your stunning pics. The roads in Andhra for sure are too good..in particular this corridor of Vijayawada -Vizag and Hyd too...Great pics once again...
Old 3rd May 2008, 20:33   #17

Reaching GQ from Naidupet (NH-5)

That was a good piece of travelogue I read in recent past. Thought of letting people know that instead of taking a left at Naidupet, take the branch that goes right, within 1-1.5 KM you will hit the high way, only a little ahead of the point you would touch taking the left branch. I travelled by this route in the last two months several times, B'lore-Vijayawada.
Surya
Old 7th May 2008, 14:06   #18
Senior - BHPian

Finally the stats:

Total distance travelled : 3786kms

Fuel : 304 litres

FE : 12kpl. Average.

Tolls: INR 675

cheers!

Last edited by smsrini : 7th May 2008 at 14:08.
Old 3rd October 2011, 14:58   #19

Re: GQ Cruising! Bangalore - Vizag - Hyderabad

Hi...I am going to Vijayawada tomorrow in our newly aquired Safari (like Im driving it for 2months now but havent realy gone on long drives (i mean 500+ kms).

Like to know what are the last minutes checks required before the cruise? One of our office drivers suggested to top up the engine oil (MAK 4T multi purpose engine oil) and that should suffice. Apart from this I ve checked Tyre pressure, Fuel levels etc.

From your experience, do you suggest anything more??

Thanks in advance
Sharat
Old 3rd October 2011, 15:29   #20
BHPian

Re: GQ Cruising! Bangalore - Vizag - Hyderabad

I had done this trip around 2 months back and the road is very bad from Chilakaluripet to Vijayawada. There are lots and lots of diversions on the road and the average speed was around 30-40 km/ hr for this stretch. So you need to take this into account into your plan. Also, there is a decent amount of truck traffic from Ongole onwards. But the road is very good for the rest of the way.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks