Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th April 2008, 23:44   #31
Senior - BHPian

@DKG

These pics are AWESOME!.A truly magnificent park. I must visit this place before i return to the States.I pray i get the chance. I have a favor to ask. May i copy some of your pics ,so some friends of mine around the world can see what this park looks like?. I'll mail them a few pics along with the link to this thread.
Old 30th April 2008, 23:45   #32
Team-BHP Support

When does the corbett reserve close. Any idea about tariffs in may. Its off season I think.
Old 30th April 2008, 23:47   #33
BHPian

Too Good. Really enjoyed the thread. My friends werent lucky as they didnt even see one

OT: There is a video of a tiger attacking a elephant with people on it.Awesome video. One never expects the tiger to jump so high!!!

Last edited by artofzen : 30th April 2008 at 23:50.
Old 1st May 2008, 00:25   #34
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickatnite View Post
@DKG

These pics are AWESOME!.A truly magnificent park. I must visit this place before i return to the States.I pray i get the chance. I have a favor to ask. May i copy some of your pics ,so some friends of mine around the world can see what this park looks like?. I'll mail them a few pics along with the link to this thread.
Nick its a pleasure to share them. Please use these pictures as you please. Lets get more people to come visit India to check out her amazing wildlife. I do believe ecotourism is the way ahead to sustain efforts to maintain these parks

Last edited by DKG : 1st May 2008 at 00:29.
Old 1st May 2008, 00:27   #35
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
When does the corbett reserve close. Any idea about tariffs in may. Its off season I think.
I think it closes by June 15th and reopens by November 15th, that is Dhikala which is at the heart. Some parts of Corbett on the outside reopen by October 1st I am told.

Sumanta Ghosh is the right man to help you with cost details. I have posted his contact details
Old 1st May 2008, 00:54   #36
Team-BHP Support

Wow DKG, this is a wonder pictorial, loved your narration. Next time please carry a telezoom lens.

BTW, K Gudi Jungle Resort is smack in middle of the forest in B R Hills, I guess Corbett isn't the only park allowing guests to stay inside the forest.
Old 1st May 2008, 00:56   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
It closes in June like Deepak mentioned Tanveer. And no May is not off-season, in fact it's never off-season inside the reserve & especially at Dhikala. You would be lucky to get a reservation there at any time of the year.

And even if you get it there is no surety that at the last moment there will be a cancellation if a VIP decides to visit Corbett in which case your reservation will be cancelled immediately. It has happened to me once when Salman Khurshid decided to visit Corbett with a 50 person group which meant all bookings for those dates were cancelled 4 days before I was supposed to arrive there.

Anyway, when do you want to go? I could see if I have still have some contacts there.
Old 1st May 2008, 01:19   #38
BHPian

Awesome. Next time , as Samurai said, dont miss the zoom lens. Nevertheless, nothing can be as fascinating as seeing the tiger this close.

btw, I assumed the weather during this time would be close to 35-40 C. Was it hot and humid ? or was it managable ?
Old 1st May 2008, 10:24   #39
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoranjit View Post
btw, I assumed the weather during this time would be close to 35-40 C. Was it hot and humid ? or was it managable ?
It was hot in the sun during daytime but cooler in shade. And as evening approaches it cools down and the evenings/nights were pleasantly cool. Mornings cool and crisp with a nip in the air
Old 1st May 2008, 10:36   #40
Senior - BHPian

DKG, awesome narrative & wonderful pics. It was great going through your thread because, apart from the fact that you were so lucky as to have three sightings, you seem to have really enjoyed yourself throughout.

This was good because I've heard so many people coming back from Corbett & cribbing that it was a waste of time. I think you've motivated me to try & make it to Corbett "one of these days"

(Ishan, you listening)?
Old 1st May 2008, 10:49   #41
Senior - BHPian

DKG, Your travelogues along with pics and narration is excellent. This is another facet in your threads which almost many of us read with much enthusiasm. So this is a must visit park on the radar now.
Old 1st May 2008, 10:57   #42
Senior - BHPian

Great pictures, its as good as being there !!!
Old 1st May 2008, 10:59   #43
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
I've heard so many people coming back from Corbett & cribbing that it was a waste of time. I think you've motivated me to try & make it to Corbett "one of these days"

(Ishan, you listening)?
If you enjoy dense forests as much as I do Corbett will never dissapoint. Its a spectacular forest and worth visiting for just that. The tigers obviously are a rare and exotic treat. Summer is ideal for sighting tigers as they invariably converge on the river
Old 1st May 2008, 13:06   #44
BHPian

Tiger sightings are extremely rare except for Bandhavgarh, MP. I heard that Jeep drivers that take you on a safari promise you to show a tiger.
Old 1st May 2008, 13:12   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoranjit View Post
I heard that Jeep drivers that take you on a safari promise you to show a tiger.
I was reading in one of the Sunday magazines that these are "set up". For a "fee" (read, hefty amount), they tie a few buffaloes to a tractor which moves forward slowly. The live bait brings out the tigers, the tractor speeds up a bit & then graciously "gives in", the buffaloes are killed by the tigers & lo-behold, the tourists (in the Jeeps) have had their gory fill!

It was quite disgusting to read this...........

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks