Team-BHP > Travelogues

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd May 2008, 22:30   #31
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mission_Safari View Post
This happened in 1999. Anything specific that makes you think that he has still not recovered?
If a shot of neurotoxins can render a man so witty I can think of a lot of people who could do with scorpion bites

PS I learnt never to trust bedding as I camped often in the desert in Dubai, oh and watch out for snakes under toilet seats in forests

Sorry didn't realise this was in 99. Was too busy laughing my head off visualising Sam's reaction to the spanish girl's offer!

Last edited by DKG : 2nd May 2008 at 22:33.
Old 2nd May 2008, 22:40   #32
Senior - BHPian

Gripping ! Next time you come out with spellbinders like these, you mail me first and I then publish it(making some money in the process) and you get royalty..Ok? oh, I fgot to tell you. I just appointed myself your publisher/manager/whatever..
Old 2nd May 2008, 23:42   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Thank you. I'm a little surprised because normally you guys like my pictorial blogs. That's why I never wrote this one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuttapan View Post
Gripping ! Next time you come out with spellbinders like these, you mail me first and I then publish it(making some money in the process) and you get royalty..Ok? oh, I fgot to tell you. I just appointed myself your publisher/manager/whatever..
Man, maybe someday I'll have the courage to write. Then 50 Team-BHPians will buy my book and that's that. lol.

Thanks for the lovely words. Believe it or not, this story has still more exciting twists.

I'll write tomorrow.
Sam Kapasi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2008, 00:39   #34
Senior - BHPian

Hey Come on Sam Bhai..50 TBhpians only buying your book...You are too modest...Man..the whole lot @least in 1000's would buy your book any day..I bet you on that...Hmm more exciting twists..you should seriously think about coming up with some memoirs or so. Trust me, its a honest advise and you will do reasonably well..ok now waiting for your twists
Old 3rd May 2008, 00:46   #35
Team-BHP Support

In fact, someone will scan and upload a PDF version and everybody in Team-BHP will get to read it.
Old 3rd May 2008, 00:49   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Thank you. I'm a little surprised because normally you guys like my pictorial blogs. That's why I never wrote this one.
Man, maybe someday I'll have the courage to write. Then 50 Team-BHPians will buy my book and that's that. lol.

Thanks for the lovely words. Believe it or not, this story has still more exciting twists.

I'll write tomorrow.
Sam, I'm not sure whether you know or not, you write very well and reading your blogs gives the feeling of being there and it's kinda watching the scenes passed by,like in a movie. I dunno how much success your book will get but surely your blogs are a super-hit here.Waiting for the next part eagerly..
Old 3rd May 2008, 06:52   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

First-Class writing! No; better than that!
Old 3rd May 2008, 08:49   #38
Senior - BHPian

Man!! This is what I call storytelling...it's made my imagination run wild. I'm not just reading this hilariously intense and thrilling story, but also seeing it like someones placed those micro-television screens in front of my eyes!
Keep it up dude. I'm waiting for the latter bits.
Old 3rd May 2008, 09:24   #39
Senior - BHPian

Hey!!! Im not going to sleep tonight. Where's the rest of the story???
Old 3rd May 2008, 09:30   #40
BHPian

Rajasthani boy, who likes to vacation in Rajasthan, and you got bit by a Rajasthani desert scorpion! You sure have done it all.
Old 3rd May 2008, 09:58   #41
BHPian

Hey howcome no comments from TheOne®, even after the scorpion bites TheYeti®

Jenny I think I'm not the only one to be waiting for your visesh tippani (translated: Very special comments)
Old 3rd May 2008, 10:04   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

Mavrick, kaushik, Jaya, everyone, thank you for your comments!! I really appreciate it, you make writing feel good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
In fact, someone will scan and upload a PDF version and everybody in Team-BHP will get to read it.
Arrey? Then toh whatever few people were going to buy the book also won't buy it and the Yeti will go hungry :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
First-Class writing! No; better than that!
Coming from you, that is a compliment indeed. Thanks.

toinggg - You'd better believe it, lol
Old 3rd May 2008, 10:11   #43
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post

I'll write tomorrow.
Sam, Ive never posted on your so called stories which suddenly are popping up in every section -- But today I can't resist saying that you are a COMPLETE WASTE . .

I fail to understand what you doing selling baaja ( music ) equipment whereas you could be utilizing that time travelling through some new destination taking photographs and writing stories which in turn would sell well for you to continue travelling and writing more .

Marry the woman .. travel ... write ...
Old 3rd May 2008, 10:21   #44
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaadu75 View Post
...and how is he going to pay his bills? :-) LOL.
Old 3rd May 2008, 10:25   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eclectix 1st View Post
Hey howcome no comments from TheOne®, even after the scorpion bites TheYeti®
Oh she'll be along shortly I am sure.
She likes to read my stories. One of the reasons she kind of likes me at all actually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaadu75 View Post
Saazid,

For someone who doesn't say much in the first place, you've pretty much said it all. I know this thread is probably not the place for this OT discussion, but I don't have the courage to do this. Not yet.

I am in a very successful position in life. Selling JBL ka Baajas, lol. It will take a lot of courage to give up a successful professional life and live a dream. I do not have it YET, but I suspect one day it will.

Don't forget that many of my travels and abilities to travel come from my job. Many travelogues are written while JBL pays for my ticket. Take Budapest and the South of France, for example.
Also, staying in exotic locations needs finances man, lol.

Ironic that I'm the one who runs around trying to spread the YetiLife®, but I don't have the courage to follow my dream just yet.

But I will. I will. And till then I will travel, write and live the Yetilife with TheOne®.

Who knows, maybe someday you guys will talk of the unknown almost-a-writer you knew. Hey, I knew him, he was almost-a-writer!

Next installment coming up in a while.
Sam Kapasi is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed