Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2008, 16:01   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by menonrajesh View Post
A good travelogue and some fantastic snaps..
I am yet to visit the place and your post would be very much handy for me
Thanks rajesh. Just pm me if you need any help during your visit.
Old 7th May 2008, 16:06   #17
BHPian

Best route for Bangalore - Hoggenakal is
Bangalore - Hosur - Thenkanikottai - Anjatti - Hoggenakkal.

Total distance - 126-130 kms one way (which is almost half of Bangalore-Dharmpuri-Hoggenakkal route)

However, this stretch is mostly ghat road and the final 10 kms are in pretty bad condition.

But a good scenic and cool road to take. Lot of places to hang around on the way.

Last edited by subbusos : 7th May 2008 at 16:19. Reason: I just spotted a typo.
Old 7th May 2008, 16:28   #18
BHPian

Here is the actual route to take:

Bangalore-Electronic City-Chandapura-Attebelle

Take right at the Attebelle junction (this road will lead you to the TVS factory just after the Karnataka border), so that you dont need to enter Hosur.

Proceed further till you cross the area where lot of Tata's new trucks are parked. You need to cross a junction to see this at your right. Proceed further till you see the next major junction. Take right to Thenkanikottai, from there just keep driving as the road goes. You will reach Hogenakkal soon.

Happy driving...
Old 10th May 2008, 14:03   #19
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for info man. I have already done the tripto Hogenakkal. Maybe it wil help to somebody planning now or it will help me next time when I visit though :-)
Old 12th May 2008, 11:17   #20
BHPian

Yes, That info is for some one who is planning for a trip to Hoggenakkal.
Old 13th May 2008, 21:07   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subbusos View Post
Here is the actual route to take:

Bangalore-Electronic City-Chandapura-Attebelle

Take right at the Attebelle junction (this road will lead you to the TVS factory just after the Karnataka border), so that you dont need to enter Hosur.

Proceed further till you cross the area where lot of Tata's new trucks are parked. You need to cross a junction to see this at your right. Proceed further till you see the next major junction. Take right to Thenkanikottai, from there just keep driving as the road goes. You will reach Hogenakkal soon.

Happy driving...
I am trying to locate the Chandapura. But, I could see the Attebelle in the map which is right on the NH7. Right? Any landmark to find that junction correct?

I have tried to locate till Denkanikottai. But not able to proceed after that. I am attaching the screenshot of the mapmyindia here. Can you please help me to figure out the right direction from there? Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Bangalore-Hogenakkal Falls and back - 1 day trip-attibelle.jpg  

Old 13th May 2008, 21:19   #22
Senior - BHPian

mjothi you might wanna try the route which I did recently.My travelogue is here (Travelogue : My quickie getaway to Hoganekkal Falls) ..
Old 14th May 2008, 14:44   #23
Senior - BHPian

rjstyles69: The route you took is the longest of the lot. :-)

Easiest and shortest route is Bangalore - Hosur - Rayakottai - Palacode - Pennagaram - Hogennakal. Take right at Hosur towards Rayakottai (this is after the bridge). Then take a right just after Palakode. (this is clearly marked). Take Pennagaram bypass and head towards Hogennakal. Will save more than 1 hour of travel time.
Old 14th May 2008, 15:09   #24
Senior - BHPian

mjothi: Chandapura and Attibele are on the same Hosur Main road. There are flyover constructions going on at both these places. Attibele is a major junction and you can see a lot of shops which will have the area name in it.

From Denkanikottai you have to drive towards Anchetty and then from there towards Pennagaram and Hogennakal. I think updates on this route are available on the other Hogennakal threads. Search for akroy or my posts.
Old 14th May 2008, 16:14   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csentil View Post
mjothi: Chandapura and Attibele are on the same Hosur Main road. There are flyover constructions going on at both these places. Attibele is a major junction and you can see a lot of shops which will have the area name in it.

From Denkanikottai you have to drive towards Anchetty and then from there towards Pennagaram and Hogennakal. I think updates on this route are available on the other Hogennakal threads. Search for akroy or my posts.
Thanks Senthil.
Checked other posts. Seems via Denkanikottai is good option. Several post says that till Denkanikottai road is good. Need to check after that.

btw, From Anchetty, should we go to Pennagaram then to hogenakkal? Is it because of the roads? Because, in the map the Pennagaram is further left and then comes back to Hogenakkal.
Old 14th May 2008, 16:35   #26
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

chandapura circle comes just before the Neralur turn off which comes before Attibele on the Hosur Road
you will usually find a number of vehicles jammed there at Chandapura

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
I am trying to locate the Chandapura. But, I could see the Attebelle in the map which is right on the NH7. Right? Any landmark to find that junction correct?

I have tried to locate till Denkanikottai. But not able to proceed after that. I am attaching the screenshot of the mapmyindia here. Can you please help me to figure out the right direction from there? Thanks.
Old 14th May 2008, 17:03   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csentil View Post
rjstyles69: The route you took is the longest of the lot. :-)
Well when driving is your passion and you car is with you, does distance matter at all ?
Being a petrolhead I would rather look for excuses to drive more than look for alternatives for a shorter route. Get the drift ?
Old 15th May 2008, 09:50   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
Thanks Senthil.
Checked other posts. Seems via Denkanikottai is good option. Several post says that till Denkanikottai road is good. Need to check after that.

btw, From Anchetty, should we go to Pennagaram then to hogenakkal? Is it because of the roads? Because, in the map the Pennagaram is further left and then comes back to Hogenakkal.

Hey, DO NOT take the route to Pennagaram from Anchetty. Seems there is a broken road and bridge on that route. A friend took that route yesterday and almost landed up in big trouble. Seems he had to go offroading a couple of times !!! Sorry for the wrong information.

Take the road to Hogenakkal from Anchetty. Road conditions are not ideal.

Please remember these roads are not big roads and typically have very less habitation. If you are travelling with family, its best to try the tried and tested route.
Old 15th May 2008, 11:23   #29
BHPian

Route for Bangalore - Hoggenakkal

There are three routes actually to Hoggenakkal from Bangalore.

1. Bangalore-Hosur-Krishnagiri-Dharmapuri-Hoggenakkal - approx 220-230 kms one way.
2. Bangalore - Hosur - Rayakottai - Palakodu - Hoggenakkal - approx 200-210 kms one way.
3. Bangalore - Attebelle - Mathigiri - Denkanikottai - Anchetty - Hoggenakkal - approx 125-130 kms.

Third route is much shorter and scenic, but you might end up with out any help in case of any breakdowns, otherwise the road is a good single road, with occasional bad stretches. Last 10 kms are very very bad.

I am planning a trip on this route this Saturday, and will post the info once I am back from the trip.
Old 15th May 2008, 12:07   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subbusos View Post
1. Bangalore-Hosur-Krishnagiri-Dharmapuri-Hoggenakkal - approx 220-230 kms one way.
2. Bangalore - Hosur - Rayakottai - Palakodu - Hoggenakkal - approx 200-210 kms one way.
3. Bangalore - Attebelle - Mathigiri - Denkanikottai - Anchetty - Hoggenakkal - approx 125-130 kms.
I think your distances are wrong. I did Hogenakkal 3 times in bike as well as in car.
Route1 distance came out to be 187km (Ulsoor to Hogenakkal Parking)

Via denkanikota route Hogenakkal is about 135 - 145km depending upon which place of bangalore you start from.

Abhi

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks