Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2015, 11:26   #46
Senior - BHPian

re: Bangalore-Hogenakkal Falls and back - 1 day trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
I am going to Hogenakkal this weekend. Which is the better route now (via Dharmapuri or via Hosur>Rayakottai>Palakkodu)? Thanks
If you have lots of time and can drive leisurely, then take Hosur-Rayakottai-Palakkodu route. Else, stick to 6L/4L via Krishnagiri & Dharmapuri. Both the routes, road conditions are very good. Note that in Rayakottai route, there are not much food options or decent restrooms. So if you are planning to go with family/ladies, better to stick to 4L.

Just a matter of your choice.

-Ravi

Last edited by ravib : 21st August 2015 at 11:28.
ravib is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2015, 15:23   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
I am going to Hogenakkal this weekend. Which is the better route now (via Dharmapuri or via Hosur>Rayakottai>Palakkodu)? Thanks
Going via Hosur, Rayakottai and Palacode is shorter. You get to avoid paying toll at Krishnagiri

There is one more route (shortest route of all) via Hosur,Denkanikotai,Anchetty and Natrampalayam. Post Anchetty there is virtually no one on the road. Plus the road near Natrampalayam is not so good. I have been on this route before.
In case you wish to go by the route I mentioned, then for the return journey make sure you dont drive past sunset.
Old 31st August 2015, 10:07   #48

We had an outing yesterday to Hognekal falls. Pretty decent place. But no good restaurants there. It is best to carry food from home.

While going, we took the Denkanikotai, Anchetty route. Roads were good throughout. This route is around 30kms shorter. But has more curves than the other route.

While coming back, took the Palacode, Rayakottai, route. Roads are good here too, and a bit wider than the first route.

Travel time was same for both routes, 2.5 hours from Silk Board.
Old 31st August 2015, 10:46   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagendra_blr View Post
We had an outing yesterday to Hognekal falls. Pretty decent place. But no good restaurants there. It is best to carry food from home.

While going, we took the Denkanikotai, Anchetty route. Roads were good throughout. This route is around 30kms shorter. But has more curves than the other route.

While coming back, took the Palacode, Rayakottai, route. Roads are good here too, and a bit wider than the first route.

Travel time was same for both routes, 2.5 hours from Silk Board.
While going via Anchetty, did you encounter bad roads near a village called Natrampalayam.
Old 31st August 2015, 11:09   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh_gs View Post
While going via Anchetty, did you encounter bad roads near a village called Natrampalayam.
No. Roads were good throughout.
Nagendra_blr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2015, 11:03   #51
BHPian

any update on water levels at hognekkal, considering monsoon was pretty bad in KA-side?
Old 25th July 2016, 18:31   #52
BHPian

Is there anybody who has gone recently? How are the road conditions now?
Also how is the safety around Hogenakkal falls ?
Old 25th July 2016, 21:09   #53
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalOne View Post
Is there anybody who has gone recently? How are the road conditions now?
Also how is the safety around Hogenakkal falls ?
Roads are brilliant. Weekends are mad with tourists flocking the place. I doubt you will even get a chance to go near the water. I took one look at the parking lot and decided to head back.
Old 26th July 2016, 11:15   #54
BHPian

Hi Guys,
i am planning a 1 day outing with my cousins who have come from US.I am planning on this Saturday. Currently I am confused should i go to Hognekkal or Shivasamundaram.I am open to other suggestion aswell.
Old 26th July 2016, 14:47   #55
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcruiser View Post
Currently I am confused should i go to Hognekkal or Shivasamundaram.I am open to other suggestion aswell.
Shivanasamudaram was having very less water flow about a month back as per a friend who had visited. Considering that Hogenakkal is downstream, condition should be similar I guess.
Anyone who has visited recently can give a correct picture.
Old 21st November 2016, 15:21   #56
BHPian

Just completed the day trip of Bangalore-Hogenakkal Falls and back.
Route used : Home -> Hosur -> Krishnagiri -> Dharmapuri -> Hogenakkal Falls.

The road conditions till Dharmapuri are excellent. After Dharmapuri, the state highway is good almost through-out. Some small sections of 100-200m each are being re-laid and therefore, currently you have to drive over small stones and pebbles. There is a small ghat section which has freshly laid tarmac and it was a joy to drive there.

The dedicated parking for the falls was sparsely filled, with almost 50% of slots empty. Hoggenakkal itself was surprisingly empty (by Indian standards) and there was absolutely no feeling of being in a crowded place. The amount of water in the Kaveri was plentiful. The Coracle ride was the highlight and we had a good time.
Old 21st November 2016, 15:34   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive2eternity View Post
The dedicated parking for the falls was sparsely filled, with almost 50% of slots empty. Hoggenakkal itself was surprisingly empty (by Indian standards) and there was absolutely no feeling of being in a crowded place. The amount of water in the Kaveri was plentiful. The Coracle ride was the highlight and we had a good time.
You mean the standing backwaters were plentiful ? There should be no falls with no water flowing, right ?
Old 21st November 2016, 18:15   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Route used : Home -> Hosur -> Krishnagiri -> Dharmapuri -> Hogenakkal Falls.

The road conditions till Dharmapuri are excellent. After Dharmapuri, the state highway is good almost through-out. Some small sections of 100-200m each are being re-laid and therefore, currently you have to drive over small stones and pebbles. There is a small ghat section which has freshly laid tarmac and it was a joy to drive there.

If you want to make your trip more adventurous, then try this route Via Hosur, Denkanikottai, Anchetty, Natrampalayam to Hogennakal. This is the shortest route to Hogenakkal.
Old 22nd November 2016, 14:56   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
You mean the standing backwaters were plentiful ? There should be no falls with no water flowing, right ?
No, the water falls had plenty of water. I meant there was less crowd when I wrote : Hoggenakkal itself was surprisingly empty

Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh_gs View Post
If you want to make your trip more adventurous, then try this route Via Hosur, Denkanikottai, Anchetty, Natrampalayam to Hogennakal. This is the shortest route to Hogenakkal.
What do you mean by adventurous? What sort of adventures await the travelers on this route?
Old 22nd November 2016, 15:37   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No, the water falls had plenty of water. I meant there was less crowd when I wrote : Hoggenakkal itself was surprisingly empty

What do you mean by adventurous? What sort of adventures await the travelers on this route?
What I meant was the route post Denkanaikottai is full of twists with not much traffic at all.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks