Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th August 2019, 11:49   #76
BHPian

re: Bangalore-Hogenakkal Falls and back - 1 day trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThilakNex View Post
I visited Hogenakkal recently on 13 Apr 2019 and everything including Coracle ride facility was working as normal. Now they have come up with strict safety measures such as mandatory Life jackets, registered coracle riders, and limitation on the number of people on coracle(4 adults + 1 kid). To be frank it's really fun and complete worth the money and time you spend on the ride.
Have a glance at our vlog on the same for more details.
Which is the better route, in terms of road conditions, between hosur, dharmapuri route and Attibele, denkanikottai route?

I am planning to go to Hogenakkal, on Sunday 25th August, with my family. Hence the question.

Regards,
Narayan.

Last edited by ampere : 14th August 2019 at 12:32. Reason: Removed video link from quoted post
Old 14th August 2019, 12:35   #77
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnarayang View Post
I am planning to go to Hogenakkal, on Sunday 25th August, with my family. Hence the question.

Please assess the flood situation before you go. The river is wild post KRS water release. No way Anchetty route for now. Please avoid that routing.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2019, 12:36   #78
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
conditions, between hosur, dharmapuri route and Attibele, denkanikottai route?
Better / faster roads - Dharmapuri route.

However, before you plan do keep an eye for any news report on current status. Usually they close entry to falls when water level is high.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2019, 14:31   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Which is the better route, in terms of road conditions, between hosur, dharmapuri route and Attibele, denkanikottai route?
If you don't mind driving via boring highways, hosur > dharmapuri is the one with the quick and good road.
and if you need a glimpse of village life and would like to jump through humps and bumpy road Attibele > Denkankottai must be your choice.
I suggest you take the attibele route when going and the other for returning back to Bengaluru.
But as before leaving just confirm the situation at Hogenakkal. Heavy discharge of water from KRS is surely going to affect the situation there.
ThilakNex is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2019, 15:15   #80
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Regards,
Narayan.
This was an article yesterday on the state. As it shows, cauvery is roaring through the place and is up to the level of covering all the falls and is one big river in spate now.

http://www.newindianexpress.com/stat...l-2018062.html

Although 25th is some time away, with rains continuing, the outflows may not be reduced in the next few days.
Rajeevraj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th August 2019, 15:30   #81
Senior - BHPian

No one can take the Anchetty-Natrampalayam Road for quite some time, looks like the road is washed away quite a bit.

I was there on 11-Aug around 3-5PM, a few hours after I left news papers reported the over-night mayhem!

Bangalore-Hogenakkal Falls and back - 1 day trip-biligundala.png

Bangalore-Hogenakkal Falls and back - 1 day trip-danger-board.jpg

Bangalore-Hogenakkal Falls and back - 1 day trip-sail.jpg

Bangalore-Hogenakkal Falls and back - 1 day trip-swell.jpg

Bangalore-Hogenakkal Falls and back - 1 day trip-img20190814wa0012.jpg

Bangalore-Hogenakkal Falls and back - 1 day trip-img20190814wa0013.jpg

Bangalore-Hogenakkal Falls and back - 1 day trip-img20190814wa0015.jpg

Bangalore-Hogenakkal Falls and back - 1 day trip-img20190814wa0018.jpg
svsantosh is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2019, 12:24   #82

Just an update on the route from Bangalore to Hogenakkal, since the last few posts on this thread advised caution due to the rains and condition of the road.

I took my Kia Seltos on a trip from Bangalore to Hogenakkal Falls on Saturday, 30th Nov. Took the
Attibele - Denkanikottai - Anchetti route while going, although I was a bit concerned since I did not have the latest information about the condition of the roads. The drive was excellent, traffic light, roads in very good condition except for a stretch of less than 3 km after Anchetti and the weather perfect for the trip. The drive through the forest / ghat section was particularly refreshing. Water levels around the falls were fairly high and good for boating.

While returning, we took the Dharmapuri - Krishnagiri route, which was as usual, busy with traffic, especially around the toll plazas.

So my recommendation to anyone planning to travel to Hogenakkal from Bangalore is the Denkanikottai - Anchetti route, at least in one direction.
Svetblr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th June 2022, 21:41   #83
BHPian

Friends

I am planning for a one day trip from Bannerghatta Road Bengaluru to Hogenekkal coming weekend in a new XL6 as part of running in, please suggest a route with good roads as iam with family , pls help suggest because of new car is it better via Hosur, Krishnagiri, Dharmapuri?
Old 13th June 2022, 06:57   #84
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanjeev V S View Post
I am planning for a one day trip from Bannerghatta Road Bengaluru to Hogenekkal coming weekend in a new XL6 as part of running in, please suggest a route with good roads as iam with family , pls help suggest because of new car is it better via Hosur, Krishnagiri, Dharmapuri?
Stick to the regular Krishnagiri-Salem highway. At Dharmapuri there is a clear exit marked for Hogenakkal. When on the Dharmapuri bypass the exit is clearly marked. You can also look out for Pennagaram.
Old 21st July 2022, 22:35   #85
BHPian

Re: Bangalore-Hogenakkal Falls and back - 1 day trip

Hi BHPians,

I am planning to make this trip tomorrow, i.e., 22 July 2022. Please suggest which route to take.
Old 21st July 2022, 23:04   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamYogi View Post
Hi BHPians,

I am planning to make this trip tomorrow, i.e., 22 July 2022. Please suggest which route to take.
Please check if the falls are accessible, as due to the high water levels in Cauvery and deaths due to it, access to some of these areas have been restricted.
Old 22nd July 2022, 05:45   #87
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Hogenakkal is indeed a nice drive away from Bangalore. Very enjoyable small hill/ ghat section too. Good roads for the most part. The trip can easily be done as a half day or day trip.

But the Falls and the water area itself is dirty, full of different kinds of vehicles, taxis, tempo travellers, day-trippers from further interiors, loaded with litter and there is an all pervasive smell of dried fish.
It is a lovely scenic spot which, much like everywhere else, has been beautifully ruined by our people. Typical. This is today a very different Hogenakkal from what I have seen in the late 1980’s or early 1990’s.

During the monsoons the sights of water coursing down can be beautiful since the KRS Dam will be releasing its excess build up of rain fed water and the River Cauvery will be quite full now, but it is absolutely and decidedly NOT worth getting into the water and/ or taking a boat ride or coracle ride, however tempting it may be, for a city dweller to do.
The best time to visit Hogenakkal is in the Spring/ Summer or Winter. Here are a few pics taken a couple of winters ago.
Attached Thumbnails
Bangalore-Hogenakkal Falls and back - 1 day trip-b8be9a451a9f4e6daf20320eeb2d17cd.jpeg  

Bangalore-Hogenakkal Falls and back - 1 day trip-4c3124f7ec8f45c88c438098b83b57ce.jpeg  

Bangalore-Hogenakkal Falls and back - 1 day trip-efc57a9764604ba29b5c7edd7ed13790.jpeg  

Bangalore-Hogenakkal Falls and back - 1 day trip-cd7d4b69e15b42f5bce749d3911ff1a8.jpeg  

Bangalore-Hogenakkal Falls and back - 1 day trip-c88e674136554868be7c47362d4d8c89.jpeg  

Bangalore-Hogenakkal Falls and back - 1 day trip-9a6c45a87ae2465cb6b393f367888708.jpeg  

Last edited by shankar.balan : 22nd July 2022 at 05:50. Reason: Edits
Old 22nd July 2022, 06:38   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Hi BHPians,

You should certainly try the Denkanikottai Anchetty route. The winding roads that too in Ghat sections coupled with less traffic would find the enthusiast in you. You can take the palacode - rayakottai route for the return.
I always take two different routes whereever and whenever possible to explore more routes, motorable roads though, as I have Altis, a Sedan.
CArspeed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2022, 06:54   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CArspeed View Post
You should certainly try the Denkanikottai Anchetty route. The winding roads that too in Ghat sections coupled with less traffic would find the enthusiast in you. You can take the palacode - rayakottai route for the return.
I always take two different routes whereever and whenever possible to explore more routes, motorable roads though, as I have Altis, a Sedan.
Thank you CArspeed. Where you been there recently? How is the road conditions?
Old 22nd July 2022, 07:59   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you CArspeed. Where you been there recently? How is the road conditions?
I have driven in the Anchetty section three years back and Denkanikottai rayakottai section 15 months back. Don’t worry about the roads too much. I generally have found many of the less travelled routes motorable and the interior roads in Tamilnadu are good too. You will carry more memories driving in these routes as opposed to well paved- less fast highways with non existent greenery on the road sides.
CArspeed is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks