Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th May 2008, 11:01   #31
LLL
BHPian

great basu...nice pics and you have seriously stress tested the innova on indian roads. Toyota should be thankfull to you.

btw, how much FE did you get?
Old 13th May 2008, 11:02   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazydriver84 View Post
:(

The last couple of pics brought tears to my eyes, I miss cal.

Seriously Cal has a soft corner in my heart, felt good to see the toll bridge of vidyasagar setu, southern avenue...and if not mistaken the gariahat road..

Cal is cal... wonderful drive bro... way to go...what was the mileage you got? and how much did the petrol cost work out to you?

would be helpful for me to know, coz as i said, am planning tooo.
I might have got between 12 and 14 kmpl. Mileage does not vary much in this car in City/Highway I guess (unlike my old opel astra which used to be 1:2 in city/highway)

Cal is likable and amazing for the various time zones that each part of the city exhibits. (Some look like the 18th century still eg. cottn st. and some are as Modern as anywhere else e.g. sonar bangla.)

Dont worry abt costs if u are more than 1 in the car then u spend as much as in airfare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLL View Post
great basu...nice pics and you have seriously stress tested the innova on indian roads. Toyota should be thankfull to you.

btw, how much FE did you get?
I rank Toyota above all car manufacturers in India (even Honda) and just wish they have the right model on offer for my changing requirements at every stage of my life in future.

I have yet to calculate datasheet on Mileage. Right now just enjoy the pictures please.

Last edited by Zappo : 13th May 2008 at 14:26. Reason: Do not make multiple posts please. Use the multi-quote button to reply to multiple posts.
btirthankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2008, 12:25   #33
BHPian

Very sweet trip, love going to Calcutta, even better is the vehicle of choice.

Toyota is the perfect vehicle for the highways, done a lot of travelling in Rajasthan in our Innova.

Great trip. Hope your return is even better.

Cheers
M M
Old 13th May 2008, 13:17   #34
BHPian

I salute your passion.. 1500 km trip in one go and that too alone..
Old 13th May 2008, 15:07   #35
BHPian

great pics man! i too am passionate abt travelling and have been on a few trips in my car to places in and around hyd.. the max that i went was till Machilipatnam.... I would like to try longer routes.... but being an Alto owner i wud need to think twice before doing that.... Hats off to your trip and you passion for travelling... Keep rocking bro! :-)
Old 16th May 2008, 16:04   #36
BHPian

Great trip and determination. Nice pictograph also. But its better not to stay empty stomach on such lengthy trips.
Old 16th May 2008, 16:28   #37
Senior - BHPian

Wow, it's just amazing and drives likes this inspires me. I'm now more determined to do Blr-Assam trip which I've been thinking for a long time. I know people have done that before and I too want to see it myself how it feels like.
Old 16th May 2008, 17:52   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saleem_k View Post
great pics man! i too am passionate abt travelling and have been on a few trips in my car to places in and around hyd.. the max that i went was till Machilipatnam.... I would like to try longer routes.... but being an Alto owner i wud need to think twice before doing that.... Hats off to your trip and you passion for travelling... Keep rocking bro! :-)
Why, what's wrong with an Alto? It is a good car. Did you read akroy's travelogues? He's done Bangalore to Calcutta on his Alto.

Go ahead, Saleem, and hit the road! Don't forget to post your travelogue after that.
Old 17th May 2008, 10:02   #39
BHPian

Off to Thread - Part 2 http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...tml#post833034
Old 18th May 2008, 09:43   #40
BHPian

Alto Performance

[quote=vnabhi;832555]Why, what's wrong with an Alto? It is a good car. Did you read akroy's travelogues? He's done Bangalore to Calcutta on his Alto.

I have had a number of Altos zipp-zapped me on this trip. The overtook me like breeze in twists and turns where I could not. Honestly I have not driven an alto enf.. my only concern is the pickup with A/C on... Roy, Pls throw some light... I have to buy an alto for my spouse anyways... old or new.
Old 18th May 2008, 19:39   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by btirthankar;833667I
have had a number of Altos zipp-zapped me on this trip. The overtook me like breeze in twists and turns where I could not. Honestly I have not driven an alto enf.. my only concern is the pickup with A/C on... Roy, Pls throw some light... I have to buy an alto for my spouse anyways... old or new.
I think I have thrown enough light in terms of my travelogues. I can simply suggest, Pls go through all my travelogues in the Travelogue section. You will have the idea about the car.
In my Kolkata trip it was AC throughout except for 100 odd km in the early mornings but the car perfomed very well. I was always hovering between 100-120kmph.

For me it is the best car at that budget.
Abhi
Old 19th May 2008, 14:12   #42
BHPian

[quote=btirthankar;833667]
Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Why, what's wrong with an Alto? It is a good car. Did you read akroy's travelogues? He's done Bangalore to Calcutta on his Alto.
Congratulations on the trip...
I have done 2 Bang-Hyd trips, one Bang-Ooty and surroundings with some of the steepest slopes with my previous Alto.
It works well. But sometimes you feel a bit unsafe while on a highway.
Otherwise, its a very good car.
Old 26th May 2008, 19:04   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post

Go ahead, Saleem, and hit the road! Don't forget to post your travelogue after that.

Yeah I know Alto is a great car... Personally I'm very satisfied with its performance. It is a great car in the city and also can be driven on highways at high speeds... I touched 140Kmph just for 4-5 seconds...... and I felt there was room for more..... so speed is not an issue.. My only concerns stems from the fact that it doesn't have ABS and feels a little unsafe at that speeds.

With AC on you feel the lag initially but once it picks up speed, there won't be any complains... Well i think this now looking like a review for Alto...

But i just wanted to clarify that safety is the only concern I have when taking an Alto on highways for long trips... I'm not worried about the performance or speeds.... surely very soon i'm going on some trip and will write the travelogue soon... cheers:
Old 27th February 2010, 01:15   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saleem_k View Post
Yeah I know Alto is a great car... Personally I'm very satisfied with its performance. It is a great car in the city and also can be driven on highways at high speeds... I touched 140Kmph just for 4-5 seconds...... and I felt there was room for more..... so speed is not an issue.. My only concerns stems from the fact that it doesn't have ABS and feels a little unsafe at that speeds.

With AC on you feel the lag initially but once it picks up speed, there won't be any complains... Well i think this now looking like a review for Alto...

But i just wanted to clarify that safety is the only concern I have when taking an Alto on highways for long trips... I'm not worried about the performance or speeds.... surely very soon i'm going on some trip and will write the travelogue soon... cheers:
All the best for ur trip with ur alto. I too own one and its been great for all kinda trips. Didnt feel its unsafe, I believe the greatest safety device in a car (apart from the person behind the wheel) is the seat belt.
Any kind of car , with whatever safety features in it, is potentially unsafe on our overcrowded roads. Its upto us, on how safe we manage to make our trips.
That apart the only problem I feel the alto has is, in being a small car, some bigger vehicles such as a volvo wouldnt give way on a single lane highway.
Old 27th February 2010, 01:20   #45
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by apachelongbow View Post
That apart the only problem I feel the alto has is, in being a small car, some bigger vehicles such as a volvo wouldnt give way on a single lane highway.
Bigger vehicles wouldn't give way to any smaller vehicle on single lane highways. Next time try a tank if you want the volvo to move out.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks