Team-BHP > Travelogues

Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2008, 16:30   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival View Post
Lemme know how it goes.. I was deterred from making this trip because the Hubi-Hospet route is used by the aforementioned mining trucks !!
You mean there are a lot of trucks on this road or that these trucks are not covered?
Old 19th May 2008, 18:12   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
Nice report and pics. BTW, what was the FE you have got as the Palio's are great guzzlers?
My Palio's FE was 16 kmpl on the NH 4(Mumbai Bangalore highway).
It was 14.5 to 15 on NH 17.

Both the figures are without any A/C
Old 19th May 2008, 18:15   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cediafan View Post
Sidz - Nice report. How much time did it take for you to reach Hubli from Pune? I am planning to go to Hampi sometime soon and will take the Pune-Belgaum-Hubi-Hospet route.
I started from Hubli at around 7.30 am & reached Pune by 1.30 pm. This means 6 hours including a 20 min break for breakfast.
Old 19th May 2008, 20:55   #19
Senior - BHPian

Lots of overloaded mining trucks that destroy the road surface in a short period of time. Looks like Yellapur stretch has been repaired recently.

Last edited by spadival : 19th May 2008 at 20:56.
Old 20th May 2008, 13:30   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
That's a nice report, congrats on your first long trip. BTW, I passed by Kaup today.

You mean you don't use a child seat in the car? That's is a must buy, carrying babies in arms in long drives is very dangerous. Just like adults should wear seat belts, the infants should be in child seat. It is less taxing to them as well as the parents. My son sleeps off very fast once put into the child seat. In some countries it is the law, you can't carry babies in arms/lap in the car. I do it only for very short distance, say within 2-3 Kms.
I had a child seat but my son outgrew by the time we managed to go on this trip. The child seat was bought a few months back.
I plan to get another child seat before I go out for the next trip.

Most Viewed